Help !!!

bl.wrightbl.wright Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hi ,
I wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone has any suggestions..

I am using a MacBook Pro and trying to run Bryce 7 on Mac OS X 10.7.4. I am also open to running it on Windows XP via Virtual Box.

When I try to open Bryce on Virtual Box, I am getting an error when I try to launch the program saying installation configuration error. Do you have any suggestions that would either help me get Bryce 7 to run on OS X or possibly a suggestion that would help me get Bryce to run on Virtual Box ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,234
    edited December 1969

I'd also like to see Bryce running again for Mac users.
    I have two Mac computers of varying ages and neither will run Bryce 7.
    Sorry I can't offer any advice, hopefully this will be a priority for Bryce 8.
    Whenever that is planned for release?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You would get more answers if you post your query on the Bryce Discussion forum.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2012

Most Mac users that I know of would either run Bryce in Bootcamp or some have had some success under parallells.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • bl.wrightbl.wright Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your replies. I will post this on the Bryce discussion forum as well. I am going to try installing it using Parallel 7 tonight :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2012

No need to post it on t the Bryce forum as well. I can simply move the thread over there for you. Like this.........are you ready, hold tight..........here we go.

This iway it avoids duplicate threads, and also keeps all the information you have been given in one thead, so others know what advice you have already had.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

ok, I installed Windows 7 in Virtual box and this is the error message I am getting when I try to start Bryce 7... Any suggestions ?

"This application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for detail."

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26347

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948854

In summary, the 64-bit operating system ships with the 64-bit version of Visual C++, but 32-bit programs like Bryce need the 32-bit version as well.

edited December 1969

SUCCESS !!!! IT WORKS !!!!