Carrara 8.5 and wings...

Max TurladMax Turlad Posts: 84
edited September 2013 in Carrara Discussion

Hi,

I'd buy this item: http://www.daz3d.com/faery-wings I would like to know if it is compatible with Carrara 8.5. The site says: Compatible 3D Figures Genesis, Victoria 4, Michael 4, Aiko 4, The Kids 4, The Girl 4, Stephanie 4, Hiro 4 , Genesis is included in Carrara bundle, so I think that's okay.

Thanks and forgive if the question is silly, but before I spend my money, I would be safe. :)

Max.

Post edited by Max Turlad on

Comments

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited September 2013

They ought to work since both Poser props and DSON (Genesis) content is supposed to work in Carrara. You can get a refund if it should turn out otherwise.

Side note: Carrara is still not listed as compatible with content. Why is that, I wonder.

Post edited by araneldon on
  • Max TurladMax Turlad Posts: 84
    edited December 1969

Thank you Araneldon,

I'll try. :-)

Ciao, Max.

edited September 2013

Hi,

Yes, work (almost). But I'm a new user and (of course) I do something wrong.

For example, you can put the wings in Genesis, but then if you change pose, they do not follow the actor. I need to replace manually.

I'll do more test.

EDIT:

Also in DAZ Studio 4.6 the same. In the image after changing pose.

Cattura.PNG
    320 x 422 - 96K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,103
    edited December 1969

Perhaps they are prop wings? Maybe parent them (drag them onto) to the chest(?)
    Even if they are not, that still might work. If it has a "fit to" button, set it to "none" and, in the right instances tray, drop the wings onto the "chest" of the figure. Then check and see if there are any "Parameters" in the Parameters Tab. If so, see if they work. Otherwise, there may be a Hierarchy for the wings, which would put a little white triangle to open up. Look for things like: Right Wing Collar or Shoulder or anything, actually. Just check and see if you can pose the wings to your liking.

Once you parent them to the chest, they will follow the character's poses. ;)

edited December 1969

Ahhh Yes! Here it says so right in the link you posted at the top: Under "What's Included"

•3 Prop Wings for Genesis
    •3 Prop Wings for Gen 4 Figures
    •6 Texture Option for Each Set of Wings
    •21 Texture Maps
    •Poser 5 Material Poses(.PZ2)
    •DAZ Studio Material Presets(.DSA)

"Prop" indicates a model without a rig. Which means that it doesn't conform to, or like they say nowadays: Fit-To the character as a 'conforming clothing' article would. It simply attaches the exact same way as I describe above - and yet it may include either a hierarchy and/or morphs (parameters tab) to help you pose them. Note that not all products include morphs - in which case you can add some in Carrara to have them move the way you'd like them to.

These wings are by SWAM and Silver - so they likely are of the utmost quality, and likely have some way of posing them.

edited December 1969

One more thing, they probably left some clues within the ReadMe as well.
    You can find that either by launching DIM, if that is how you've installed it, or also by going to your product library > ReadMe's folder. DIM is easier due to naming conventions on ReadMe files! ;)

edited September 2013

Thank you Dad, :-)

I can't verify now, I'll check later. I had a dream and I would need wings to make it happen in Carrara. but I know, I am still a noob :lol:

Ciao, Max.

edited December 1969

Max Buddy, My Son...
    Any time I can past along my fatherly wisdom to your growing endeavors... I'm right here for ya

edited December 1969

Hi dad,

sorry if I answer only now, but over the weekend with your daughter-in-law thoroughly enjoyed the last sunny days this September :lol: :lol: :lol: .... anyway, what features should have an item to be compatible with Carrara?

After installing offline with DIM I find the following files: xxxxx-4249-02 _ FaeryWingsPs and xxxx-14249-01 _ FaeryWingsDS.

Ciao, Max