Content Paths: Studio/My Library vs Studio3/content

acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
edited January 2016 in Daz Studio Discussion

Post edited by acanthis on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited July 2012

Those are just the default names - you don't have to use either, it's only the folders within (particularly the \data and \Runtime folders) that are critical. You can certainly merge the two if you wish.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • acanthisacanthis Posts: 604
    edited January 2016

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you have set up custom categories, Adamr001 has a tutorial on how to update the content database for new paths. I would re-import the metadata if some of it was for items installed to studio3/content. Remember to go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager and remove studio3/content from both DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats after you've moved everything over.

Or you can continue to use both, as DS4 can have multiple content folders.

edited January 2016

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You could just delete the uninstallers if you have the installers backed up somewhere.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

acanthis said:
    It's not really the two content folders that is bugging me, but the seemingly random way in which content is distributed between them, depending upon the vintage of the product's installer.

This has always been a problem, even before DAZ decided to play musical chairs with the default content location. It's why one of the first and most vital pieces of advice for running a DAZ installer is "never ever let the installers run on Default Settings (Recommended)".
    edited January 2016