Layer Image Editor

vindazivindazi Posts: 667
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Does anyone know how to get the layer image editor to work in DS4? It does not work as explained in tutorials and videos for DS3 and I cannot find a tutorial of any kind specific to the layer image editor in DS4.

Comments

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited July 2012

What are you having trouble with? You can find the LIE by clicking on the "down" arrow in the Diffuse Color ( or other ) parameter in the Surfaces tab.

Then click new layer to begin and color or add an image. Good luck! :) Hope this helps you!

lie2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 213K
    Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • vindazivindazi Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

From the looks of you screen shot you are on a PC. I am on a Mac. Anyway when I locate the LIE (aka Layer Image Editor) through any of the prescribes routes, the selected target does not appear in the LIE popup screen, as it does in yours, so I can't progress, or process from there.

edited December 1969

BTW, it would really help to see a Mac screen because it is almost impossible to find ones way around when the map is so different from the territory one is viewing.

edited July 2012

Here is a screen shot of what I am seeing. Note that I have chosen Genesis and the surface layer and pulled up the LIE screen from the surfaces tab, but nothing appears on the screen.

PS I hope this doesn't get screwed up too bad. It doesn't seem to want o load the png file.

LIE_Screen_shot.png
    1344 x 968 - 103K
    Post edited by vindazi on
    edited July 2012

I had a problem once because I did not have the figure selected in the scene tab. You need to have it selected in both the scene tab and the surfaces tab. I am sorry I do not have a mac and my interface has been customized a bit so it may look differently than the standard install...sorry about that confusion. You should still be able to find the Surfaces tab by clicking:

Window\Tabs\Surfaces

Once you have the figure selected in both tabs (Scene and Surfaces) you can then "extend" the tree that shows all of the surfaces that are editible. (just click the name of your figure in the surfaces tab, it should open)

Let me know if this helps you! :) Good luck!

p.s... sorry...images need to be in .jpg format.

edited December 1969

I have done just as you indicate, as far as I can tell, but the popup window is still blank.

Also, even when I try to load a jpg file, it still hangs up the screen shot. That file size is about 250k.

edited December 1969

Daz, if you are watching, you might want to indicate the file requirements next to the max size.

LIE_Screen_shot.jpg
    1344 x 968 - 97K
    edited December 1969

If you look at the partially loaded file, I think you can see that I have chosen Genesis on the right. If you look at Genesis figure you can see that the figure is selected in surfaces. What you can't see is the blank popup screen.

edited July 2012

I think I know what you are saying. It does load blank., because you haven't loaded anything yet. If you look to the right "side" of the pop up screen... about mid page... you should see a button that says 'Insert Layer". You need to click there first. Then you should see a place to add the texture file or color you want. One sec... I'll get a pic up. :)

here ya go! :)

lie3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 197K
    edited December 1969

OK One more try for the screen shot.

LIE_Screen_shot.jpg
    1344 x 968 - 97K
    edited July 2012

I'm sorry I still can't see the lower half of your image. It might be too large for the forum. It can't exceed 800 pixels on either side.

Does the image I am showing help at all?

edited December 1969

OK Let's try this. The problem is I can't find a way to import the genesis figure as layer. I can't find anything to take me through the whole process in DS4.

LIE-Screen-shot-sm.jpg
    600 x 432 - 104K
    edited December 1969

The problem is I can't find a way to import the genesis figure as layer. I can't find anything to take me through the whole process in DS4.

BTW I reduced the file to 600x400 and about 32k jpeg and got this. "Error Message: Unable to receive your submission at this time."

LIE-Screen-shot-sm2.jpg
    600 x 432 - 32K
    edited December 1969

Maybe I got it now. It seems that I misunderstood how this works. I thought the editing and placement was supposed to be done in the editor.

Thanks for your help.

edited July 2012

Oh! So glad you got it figured out! :) let me know if you need any more help! Good luck!

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Sorry I didn't see this until now. If anyone needs a full screenshot on OSX, let me know and I'll get one made.

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

Vindazi, you should only select surfaces that share the same map, otherwise the texture will not be imported in LIE. In your screenshot you have selected all surfaces. You can easily see which surfaces share the same map normally by looking at the digit before a surface name: all surfaces which start by 1_ have the same texture (usually), then all surfaces starting with 2_, etc. And yes you can place another texture on top of the first one if you select just one surface to import. The texture creation, on the other hand, must be done in an image editor.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The fact that the Genesis figure they had loaded had no texture applied could also be the reason no Texture loaded into the LIE to be edited. Or did no one else notice that?