Mil Horse 1 Colors

SassanikSassanik Posts: 340
edited December 1969 in Freebies

I posted some new textures for the Mil Horse 1 (sorry I don't have 2). I am just finishing up with the appaloosa ones I made.
Are there any colors anyone is wanting that are missing? I won't guarantee that I can make them but I can try, just post a picture of the color you are looking for that I am missing.

Amy

Comments

• frodifrodi Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the lovely colours.

• SassanikSassanik Posts: 340
    edited December 1969

Your welcome!

I need to add a little guide to the mane colors, apparently I futzed around with those more than I thought!

I love horses so I had tons of fun with this!

Amy

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

Cheers. Just what I need for my plastic looking Mill horse. Thank you.

edited December 1969

Yeah I noted that there are not that many colors available that were free, at least not ones that I could find! There used to be a few more I think, but I can't seem to find them anymore.

Amy

edited December 1969

Okies the appaloosa colors are posted. I did my best to follow the "rules" when coloring the horses, but some of them are not 100% but decent enough that people should not be screaming about them not being realistic enough.

If there are any problems with the files please let me know.

Amy

appaloosa.jpg
    704 x 552 - 52K
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

Thank you I'm always on the look out for horse textures!!

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Me too! Thank you very much :-)

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Very nice, Star Books! How do you make the MAT poses to apply the textures easily?

edited December 1969

They should apply without a problem, just load the Mil Horse Figure and then double click on the mat you want to use and that should change the color. The extra shaders for the eyes, mane/tail and hooves are just if you want to make you own adjustments to the colors.

There is no runtime folder, you should just put it in your "My Library" folder.

Hope that answers your question!

Amy

edited December 1969

Thank you, but I know how to apply them (even via shaders), but I'm curious how can MATs be made. I can't find a good tutorial on it that solves the issue in DS.

• LuckBeLuckBe Posts: 93
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much for sharing these. I've been looking for some good textures for the mil horse and these fit the bill very nicely. :D

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Thank you, but I know how to apply them (even via shaders), but I'm curious how can MATs be made. I can't find a good tutorial on it that solves the issue in DS.

There was a texturing contest in the New User Contests forum on the old forums, and there was a step-by-step description on making MAT poses during that contest.

(goes and looks in the forum archives)

Oh, it's for Studio 3. Well, it might be tweakable... maybe.

First, download the script at http://www.sharecg.com/v/36622/Plug-in/Create-Poser-Mats (and either install it in Studio 3 or hope it'll run in Studio 4)

Then, if you've got the script running, read Dollygirl's step-by-step instructions in the third post down at http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=171647&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=240

(The Poser folks have it easier: http://www.sharecg.com/v/19993/Text-Entry-Tutorial/Creating-a-MAT-Pose-Pz2-file-for-Figure-Textures )

edited December 1969

You want ones that can export to Poser? Or just ones edited to work in DS?

I use GIMP (which is free and awesome!) to make the images, though you can use other programs such as Photoshop and Paintshop.

Amy

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

Are you talking about pz2's ,there was a script to do it in DS3 but I don't know of any that you can use in DS4 ......

edited December 1969

carrie58 said:

Are you talking about pz2's ,there was a script to do it in DS3 but I don't know of any that you can use in DS4 ......

Yes, you're right, that's exactly what I want to learn. I know I can save my textures as Material Presets and they should save as DUF. As DUF is a DSON file format, I guess Poser users with DSON should be able to use it, but I'm not sure. My textures are mainly for Genesis hairs, so one would need DSON nevertheless if he or she uses Poser.

I am grateful for all who are trying to answer me. I'm downloading that script and we'll see if it works.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

I am a litle bit confused I must admit...

I wasn't aware there were two Mil Horse, so when you said the textures don't work on Mil Horse 2 I kinda thought you meant Daz Horse 2. But now I am not so sure anymore, I have Millenium Horse LE, is that what you meant with mil horse 2? Because I can't get the textures to work with that one, it claimed it was missing Body B or something like that.

I admit I have uninstalled the textures now, but still have them downloaded, in the off chance I do buy millenium horse. And the textures do look awesome, just.. don't work on the mil horse LE :)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    I am a litle bit confused I must admit...

I wasn't aware there were two Mil Horse, so when you said the textures don't work on Mil Horse 2 I kinda thought you meant Daz Horse 2. But now I am not so sure anymore, I have Millenium Horse LE, is that what you meant with mil horse 2? Because I can't get the textures to work with that one, it claimed it was missing Body B or something like that.

I admit I have uninstalled the textures now, but still have them downloaded, in the off chance I do buy millenium horse. And the textures do look awesome, just.. don't work on the mil horse LE :)

Yes, by "Mil Horse 2" they mean "DAZ Horse 2". The problem with the Mil Horse LE is probably that it has lower-resolution textures, so it doesn't have the regular bump map that these textures use.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

Thanks Mike, ah well.. we wil lsee which one of the hroses I pick up when I get the chance, if it is the Mil horse I'll try this textures out again :)

• LuckBeLuckBe Posts: 93
    edited December 1969

Just a note, there seems to be a typo in the file path for the mats- they point to /BD Horse/, but the actual folder created is /BD Horses/. Easily fixed on my end, but thought you'd like the heads up!

edited September 2013

@Ladychance

Thank you for telling me! I just uploaded the fixed zip file, please let me know if there are any other problems!

Amy

Post edited by Sassanik on
  • Daniel BarnettDaniel Barnett Posts: 389
    edited December 1969

@Ladychance

Thank you for telling me! I just uploaded the fixed zip file, please let me know if there are any other problems!

Amy

Could tell us which files you updated please?
    Thank you!
    dbb
    edited December 1969

I fixed the problem with the naming. It was trying to access a /Runtime/Textures/Horses but it should have been /Runtime/Texture/Horse

You can manually change the /Runtime/Textures/Horses thing on your own, all the colors are in one file and that would save you having to uninstall it.
    If there are any other problems please let me know!

Thanks!
    Amy

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

Thanks. I needed an appaloosa or a book cover I'm working on.

edited December 1969

Glad that they are getting used!
    I added a new fantasy one, a Space Horse

Amy