Artist Festival Render Thread ♦♦♦{Now with Prizes offered from DAZ 3D}♦♦♦

JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
edited October 2013 in The Commons

Well while I work on some render with the stuff I was able to purchase so far on the PA Festival Sale, I wanted to see what my friends on here were able to purchase and also want to see what you have created with them so far. Thanks in advanced. Since this is now an official render contest thread I thought I would post the rules here. And each weeks winners.

I’m really liking this thread, we’ve got some great images so far. Just to up the ante we (as in DAZ) will be giving gift cards for the best renders in this thread.

Here are the details: We’ll do 1st, 2nd and 3rd place each week. Every Wednesday morning we’ll judge the renders in this thread for the previous week’s contest and announce our favorite 3 renders from the first week. This means you’ve got to have your render in by Wednesday morning at 8AM DAZ time (Mountain Time). 1st place will get a $7.00 Gift Card, 2nd $5.00 and 3rd $3.00.

In order for a render to qualify for that week’s contest you need to include at least one item from a featured PA from the week. (So for week 1’s contest the render needs to contain an item from Week 1’s PA’s). We’ll say the week goes from Friday to Friday (I’m sure we can be flexible). If you want your render included in the contest just list the item and the name of the PA and say something like “For the render contest.”

Obviously anyone can still post their renders to this thread without participating in the contest. I just figured this might be a fun thing for everyone.

Just an update to the rules. I’m using this post to mark where the rules changed. By submitting an image for the contest, you agree to allow us to use that image on the main site.

PS - If you need a list of the featured artist DestinysGarden has done a great job keeping track of who has been featured in this thread:
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/28073/P30

OK, the judging and voting for week 1 has been completed, and I am happy to announce the winners.

1st Place - “Captured” by jerham
2nd Place - “Unwelcome Guests” by Jabba101
3rd Place - “Mertail1” by Scorpio64dragon

Honorable Mention - “Mage on a Train” by StoryPilot

Congratulations to our 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. You have won Gift Cards of $7.00, $5.00 and $3.00 respectively. I will add the store credit to your accounts shortly.

I’d like to thank everyone for participating in week 1’s render contest. All of the images that were submitted were great. There was a lot of debate going on around the office, and we all had a blast voting on the images this morning.

I want to encourage everyone to participate in week 2’s render contest. You just need to include an item from a Featured PA anywhere between 7th and the 13th of September (not including catch-up artists see above post for information about that).

If you submitted an image that included a week 2 featured artist instead of week 1 your image was not taken into consideration for this week’s voting, it will be taken into consideration for week 2’s contest. Remember to get your final images in by 8:00 AM (Mountian Time) Wednesday the 18th for week 2 of the Premier Artist Festival Render Contest.

Week Two Winners

Once again we had a ton of fun voting on the images submitted for this week’s render contest. After much debate and a round of gentleman’s fisticuffs (only joking) I am happy to announce the winners for week 2 of the Premier Artists’ Festival Render Contest.

1st Place - Kimberlina Dancing by Storypilot
2nd Place - Flare Divide by Wirenut
3rd Place - A Dark Tunnel by budo-san

The results are in for week 3, and we are happy to announce the winners.

1st Place - Utopian Incident by SabotSsnake
2nd Place - The Apprentice by cjdean
3rd Place - Scrying by MelanieL

Honorable Mention - Waiting by Vanguard

Congratulations to our top 3 contestants. I will add the store credit to your account shortly. Thank you everyone who participated. There were a high number of quality entries for week 3. Judging was difficult because of the quality of the renders. Keep up the good work everyone.

Remember to get your week 4 renders in by next Wednesday at 8AM Mountain Time.

Post edited by DZ_jared on

Comments

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

whats a "rebder"?

• Tarina KiviTarina Kivi Posts: 488
    edited March 2017

Post edited by Tarina Kivi on
  • JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

I fixed it thanks! Start this thread right before going bed.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

darn, i was just about to start rebdering

edited December 1969

Funny.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

well failing a rebder I did a render instead, a Bryce render. So here is your first one so far.

Coral_reef.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 767K
    edited December 1969

Thanks for posting, its awesome!

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

darn, i was just about to start rebdering

I stopped doing it after the 12th arrest.

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited September 2013

Here's the one I've done so far with stuff I got during the festival.

Editing to add that I used Naida and Nalin from FWArt, the Mermaid Clothing from SickleYield and Fuesling, and the Reef Rocks by Orestes Graphics.

NalinRescuesNaida1.jpg
    700 x 980 - 444K
    Post edited by Storypilot on
    edited December 1969

Gorgeous work Storypilot, thanks for posting!

edited December 1969

Thanks, happy to!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,219
    edited December 1969

Really like how the hair looks in the water, can we ask which one it is?

edited December 1969

Really like how the hair looks in the water, can we ask which one it is?

It is Esidor Hair, which has a good number of nice morphs to make it look more swirling and loose.
    Also, the man has Orion hair.

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited September 2013

I'm really liking this thread, we've got some great images so far. Just to up the ante we (as in DAZ) will be giving gift cards for the best renders in this thread.

Here are the details: We'll do 1st, 2nd and 3rd place each week. Every Wednesday morning we'll judge the renders in this thread for the previous week's contest and announce our favorite 3 renders from the first week. This means you've got to have your render in by Wednesday morning at 8AM DAZ time (Mountain Time). 1st place will get a $7.00 Gift Card, 2nd $5.00 and 3rd $3.00.

In order for a render to qualify for that week's contest you need to include at least one item from a featured PA from the week. (So for week 1's contest the render needs to contain an item from Week 1's PA's). We'll say the week goes from Friday to Friday (I'm sure we can be flexible). If you want your render included in the contest just list the item and the name of the PA and say something like "For the render contest."

Obviously anyone can still post their renders to this thread without participating in the contest. I just figured this might be a fun thing for everyone.

Those who submit images for the contest agree to allow us to use those images on the main store. (See this post)

PS - If you need a list of the featured artist DestinysGarden has done a great job keeping track of who has been featured in this thread:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/28073/P30

Post edited by DZ_jared on
    edited December 1969

So come on everyone let's see some more renders. :coolsmile:

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

Here's are some using Destiny gardens light set and the Mertail.

orca.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 468K
    Mertail1.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 468K
  • VanguardVanguard Posts: 481
    edited September 2013

Here is something I have been playing with.
    Used Horror Survivors Cris For V6
    Pardon the flame thrower flame stream, my first try doing that sort of thing in photoshop. Will probably get Ron's Explosions pack once I get too frustrated :P

ff.jpg
    1297 x 1029 - 517K
    Post edited by Vanguard on
  • SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

I'm loving this PA sale!
    Luthbels Horror Survivers Chris, Surreality's Zillah, Petipet's Moonscape and Air Jumper and just because I love her, RawArt's RoboGenII

MoonZillahLuthbel.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091
    edited December 1969

Spent a little time playing with my new purchases - so here's a couple for the contest ...
    Title: Come on in, the Water's Lovely
    PA Festival Week 1 Items: Easy Environments: The Rock (Flipmode), Mermaid Genesis Mega Bundle (Sickleyield/Fuseling)
    Other new (to me) items from Week 1: Siren Hair (Valea)

Come-On-In.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 307K
    edited December 1969

Title: Sirens' Day Off

PA Festival Week 1 Items: Easy Environments: The Rock (Flipmode), Mermaid Genesis Mega Bundle (Sickleyield/Fuseling)
    Other new (to me) items from Week 1: Siren Hair, Moonsong hair (both Valea)

Sirens-Day-Off.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 395K
    edited December 1969

... and a trio of close-ups (same details as the last)

Siren-Azumi.jpg
    768 x 768 - 280K
    Siren-Valerie.jpg
    576 x 576 - 224K
    Siren-Addison.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 356K
    edited December 1969

Chohole - I love your Bryce render of the undersea stuff - made me wish I'd snagged that set (but I was short of funds when it came out just before payday - I managed to get the Mermaid bundle because Sickleyield's store came up again when she released her newest morphset)
    scorpiodragon - same goes for the light set, lovely renders.
    I'm really liking the undersea theme - hope that there's a Catchup and that the 50% will be back for these new items.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

Thanks MelanieL.

A quick one using Konrad and the cute Little Fae Dragon

Konrad3.jpg
    848 x 1200 - 275K
  • Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Easy Environments: The Rock - Flipmode
    Dawn - Hivewire
    Nikki Skin - Tosca
    1900s One Piece Bathing Costume - Me

Rendered in Poser Pro 2014
    Postwork in Photoshop CS5 Extended

Crossing-the-Channel-1905.jpg
    1296 x 1728 - 826K
    edited September 2013

Honu takes his family sightseeing to see the underwater gardens. Another Bryce 7 Pro render. A tad of postwrok to fix levels.

Honu_goes_sightseeing._.jpg
    675 x 900 - 632K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • hawkonthewinghawkonthewing Posts: 136
    edited September 2013

Here is one using A Dungeon Entrance by FirstBastion
    Forgot to say it was for the contest, oops...

Dungeon_Entry.jpg
    800 x 533 - 186K
    Post edited by hawkonthewing on
  • Jewel DesignsJewel Designs Posts: 1,467
    edited September 2013

Used: Mermaid for genesis 2 and Camera magic water cam

For the render contest.

Mermaid in the weeds.

mermaid_in_the_weeds_101.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Jewel Designs on
  • Jewel DesignsJewel Designs Posts: 1,467
    edited September 2013

Used: Mermaid for genesis 2 and Camera magic water cam

For the render contest

Underwater fun

mermaid_505aa.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by Jewel Designs on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Honu takes his family sightseeing to see the underwater gardens. Another Bryce 7 Pro render. A tad of postwrok to fix levels.

That's gorgeous. Reminds me of a double sided puzzle I had (same picture on both sides- horrible pita to put together- never did get it done).
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    chohole said:

That's gorgeous. Reminds me of a double sided puzzle I had (same picture on both sides- horrible pita to put together- never did get it done).

Thankyou, I had fun doing it.