Help making close ? V5 painted Gray is kool to post .jpg ?

RorrKonnRorrKonn Posts: 509
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I made a fast n easy ruff mesh of skimpy nickers and bra like out fit.
just to learn how to make cloths and see how morphs bend the bra.
The bra's something like a plus sign.

I have watched a lot of you tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7abESLvn0yg
Followed this tutor
The bra pushes out away.
The nickers sink in to V5.

Help ,Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I show V5 painted gray with skimpy cloths can I post a .jpgs ?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,712
    edited December 1969

Yes, for the puposes of illustrating a technical issue like this a plain grey figure would be OK.

• RorrKonnRorrKonn Posts: 509
    edited December 1969

And it distorts the shape of the bra.

V5_Cloths_01.jpg
    600 x 594 - 42K
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

When you use the transfer tool to rig it, are you using the "reverse" option? If you model against V5, you have to reverse the clothing back to the default genesis shape. Then you could use original as the fit for V5. Also I think you may have to set the scale of the figure to 100% if you're not modelling against genesis.

edited December 1969

Where making progress ,The Bra stayed in place :)

But ,The shape got distorted. How do you get the Bra to keep it's shape ?

V5_Cloths_03.jpg
    738 x 548 - 63K
    V5_Cloths_02.jpg
    494 x 708 - 49K
    edited December 1969

You need to load the original shape as a morph target to replace the one that DS generates. This is the drawback to modelling around a morphed figure, though with something like this it's probably hard to avoid.

edited December 1969

If I use Current in Transfer Utilities

As you can see in the .Jpg above once I make the bra cloths the name disappears in the scene tab.

and

In the parameters tab you get the what do I do white screen.as if the bra is not even there.

and

Edit / Figure /Morph Loader Pro
    Reads
    "This action requires a selection with in the scene containing geometry to continue."

Transfer Utilities / Current is the only way I can check Reverse Source Shape From Target.
    If I do not click Current I can not check Reverse Source Shape From Target.

edited December 1969

I don't know why it's doing that - I just tested, in 4.5, and the name was retained. Your settings look right in the Transfer Utility.

edited December 1969

Having probleams with logging in to forums.

I'm using 4.0.3.47 Pro Edition 64 bit.

If I Make the bra a sub divable mesh first it losses the name.
    if i make the bra cloths first it works and keeps the name.
    Got that to work

morph laoder advance
    morh loader pro

one moves the bra up n down the other front to back .

neather fixes the mesh ?

edited December 1969

Make sure you are using the same preset for the morph as for the original clothing OBJ.

edited July 2012

Make sure you are using the same preset for the morph as for the original clothing OBJ.

I use the same bra.obj for the morph that I used for the cloth bra obj.
    I guess that is what you mean buy preset.

As far as I can tell if your going to be a vendor you alt to use D/S Pro 4.0.3.,Right ?

Post edited by RorrKonn on
    edited December 1969

I can't find any you tube that tells me how to morph the bra and I can not figer it out.
    Don't know if i should use
    trasphere utilaties
    traspher active morph
    morph loader advance
    morph loader pro

some directions or even a hit would be most helpful

I'm using D/S Pro 4.0.3

Thanks a lot

edited December 1969

By preset I meant the option in the OBJ importer or Morph Loader that sets the scale and so on - it will be the name of an application.

Transfer utility is mainly for rigging, though it will project morphs as Transfer Active Morphs will (but for triAx figures you shouldn't need to trigger that by hand anyway). Morph Loader (Advanced and Pro) is for loading a new shape created elsewhere as a morph target - generally a hand made moprh will be better than the auto-generated morphs.

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited July 2012

1. pick your bra in the scene
    2. save it as a DSF figure file (have to do this to get it to create the original, busted morph in the right folder)
    3. open morph loader pro
    4. open the original obj of your bra
    5. before proceeding change the name of your morph in the little dropdown to FBMVictoria5
    6. change the "make unique" setting to say "replace ERC and Morph" or something like that (sorry don't have it in front of me right now)
    7. then ok to load the morph
    8. then pick genesis
    9. turn off the v5 shape on genesis
    10. turn on the v5 shape on genesis again - now it should read in your new version of the bra morph and look right
    11. save the bra as the same DSF figure file again (maybe this step isn't necessary but I do it just in case)

-Mary

Post edited by Canary3d on
    edited December 1969

Canary3d said:
    2. save it as a DSF figure file (have to do this to get it to create the original, busted morph in the right folder)
    3. open morph loader pro
    5. before proceeding change the name of your morph in the little dropdown to FBMVictoria5
    6. change the "make unique" setting to say "replace ERC and Morph" or something like that (sorry don't have it in front of me right now)
    8. then pick genesis
    10. turn on the v5 shape on genesis again - now it should read in your new version of the bra morph and look right
    11. save the bra as the same DSF figure file again (maybe this step isn't necessary but I do it just in case)

-Mary

Thanks a lot.
    You Tube ,Doc helps with the basics but not a lot on making content.ya get a hint here or there.I know this will be easy after I learn it.
    Just hope I still have my sanity then :ohh:

How did you all learn this ,Is there a making content manual hidden some where beyond the waste lands ,beneath the dragons layer hidden in the center of the endless labyrinth or some thing like that ?

edited December 1969

There is a manual-in-progress here: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/start

Also, search youtube for bobbie25. She's a leading content creator and she kindly made a couple of very straightforward videos that explain how to rig stuff and put your morphs in properly.

edited December 1969

I Realy do apreate all your help and was woundering if you could help one more time.
    I know I am close but there's a few thing I am still doing wrong.

-
    -
    I'm useing D/S Pro 4.0.3.47

I do not have a DSF Figure File
    I have
    DSF Charactor _ You must select a TriAx Mapped figure in the scene to save a DSF Character File.
    DSF Shapping _ Tryed this one.
    Which one should I use ?

Saved the DSF on my desktop ,Where sould I save it ,which folder is the right folder ?
    What do I do with it ?
    -

3. open morph loader pro
    -
    You mean FBMBra ?
    -

6. change the “make unique” setting to say “replace ERC and Morph” or something like that (sorry don’t have it in front of me right now)
    -
    I have
    Deltas and ERC Links
    Deltas Only
    Witch one ?
    -

8. then pick genesis
    11. save the bra as the same DSF figure file again (maybe this step isn’t necessary but I do it just in case)
    -

Again ? I never save it yet ? What folder should I save it to ?
    -
    Thanks a lot

edited December 1969

Sure, no problem - now I have the app open I can be more accurate!

1. On the file menu, choose "support asset" all the way at the bottom, and then choose "dsf figure or prop file." THen it will prompt you to name the item and give it your creator name and choose a folder. People/Genesis/Clothing/RorrKonn/ and then a folder for the outfit name would be the usual folder placement.

2. The "Name" field in morph loader needs to match the morph in Genesis that you are fitting to, so if your bra fits Victoria5 it's FBMVictoria5 since that is her morph name.

3. Deltas and ERC Links

4. When it's working you save over the first one using the support asset thing on the file menu.

edited July 2012

We got thr Bra to look right ,Thanks a lot

I have learned so much this week my brains smoking :-)

edited July 2012

When I move the setting in V5 Breast Shape.
    The top & outer part stays good.
    The bottom & iner part gets trashed.

Now what do I do ?

V5_Cloths_04.jpg
    485 x 1000 - 73K