Can not get damned Daz Studio serial!

Makumba666Makumba666 Posts: 26
edited July 2012 in New Users

I just downloaded daz studio from official site and it is useless shit! It requires registration in order to get serial number, but when I click "Click here to register online" button it does nothing and takes me to buggy address http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/software/studio/-/sreg?regid=5DFEDEE50B5EC16F10A14155708BA11B&s=W&v=3. Is that hard to create a normal online registration process? If it is that hard, may be you should cancel online registration?
I don't need anything anymore - I've downloaded 900 megs shitware and can not even run it. Good day and please delete my account and never sent any info to my e-mail address - I will ignore it anyway. I don't need anything from non-professionals!

Post edited by Makumba666 on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The serial number is in a readme file in the zip you downloaded.

• Makumba666Makumba666 Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

It does not work! Program says I need valid serial number again and again. And by the way I've installed DazStudio4.0.3.47_win32.exe and it shows me Daz Studio3 is installed (in start menu).

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If it accepts the serial number but after close and restart it asks again, Run As Administrator the first time so the serial number will be saved correctly. If it's not accepting the serial number, make sure there aren't leading or trailing spaces.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited July 2012

4.0.3.47 pre-dates the included Serial# installers. That serial number should be in your My Account > My Serial Numbers area.

ETA: your serial number should begin with "SDZFPRO" for all the free versions of DS4.0.x. If you do not have such a serial number, please post a link to where you find the 4.0.3.47 installer.

Thanks!

Post edited by adamr001 on
  • Makumba666Makumba666 Posts: 26
    edited December 1969

OK. I admit, it is my fault. It appears I just installed wrong version. That is why one should not keep different versions of application in the same folder.
    Sorry abou that. Case closed. :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Been there done that. Now keep serarate folders, even for the content.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

FWIW, that "online registration" button has never worked for me the couple of times I've needed it while installing new versions. I've always used the registration link on the DAZ site (off the Help menu at the top of this page). From comments on the old forums, I'd say the problem is widespread but not common — it just works for some people, but not for others.

• Lori_TLori_T Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have a major problem when I try to open my serial numbers from my dashboard.
    It goes to a new page with 3 lines of gobbledegook.
    I have sent 3 help requests and after one reply which asked if i was clicking in the right spot (which I was) - nothing more. I feel like I am in a vacuum with nobody listening
    Fortunately I have copies of most of my serials, but the last couple I did not store, and now what do I do?..........
    Is help desk working??

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi Lori_T

What browser are you using ?
    Have you tried a different web browser ?

edited December 1969

Hi 3DAGE
    I use IE and have tried in Mozilla FF and it is the same story
    The lack of assistance from the help desk is astounding as I thought they would try very hard to hang on to customers.
    The mess that has occurred on the website is really sad
    I have been a loyal and valuable customer since 2006 so you would hope they would like to be seen to respond and look like they are trying to do something
    I find sometimes that the site is so slow I close it down. Pages freeze so I assume that some major reshuffle must be happening. I can go to other sites at the same time and have no issues with slowness and hanging.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2012

Try logging out, clearing your cache and logging in again, in case it is something in your cache that is throwing a wobbly.

If this doesn't work you could try forcing a refresh on the page with the serial numbers using ctrlF5

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Just at the moment I am seeing all the items on sale suddenly jump in price.
    It is as though the site no longer recognozes me as a PC member
    I wondered if this is just me or is the site going through changes as we talk?

edited December 1969

Thanks Chohole
    I just followed your advice and no change This is what I get:

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php on line 290 Fatal error: Class 'Mage' not found in /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php on line 244"

edited December 1969

We are aware of the glitch with the PC prices, it would appear to be something to do with the changeover when the sale ended (it was only a weekend sale).

THe other one is very weird. I will ask to see if anyone has any ideas.

edited December 1969

So OK, at the moment we are not coming up with any ideas.

One thing you could try is to close the browser, clear the cache again, and the reboot your PC to make sure everything gets removed. When you come back to Daz3D use firfox straight away, rather than IE. It does appear that a lot of the errors that are being thrown up at the moment only occur when using IE.

edited December 1969

I am very grateful that I got an email today from Jared Nielson with a list of all my serial numbers
    At least that allows me to be viable and it encourages me that i am not in a complete vaccuum!.
    However, the link from my account still does not work and that is so very curious.