Anyone else CONSTANTLY being logged out?

McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I hate to say it but it really becomes a pain to try and post here most of the time.

It just took about 15 attempts to get logged in at the forums... I can visit my account page, which is what I instantly get directed to, but I'm logged out if I attempt to post.
I've been having this problem since sunday.

I imagine anyone else having this issue will probably just give up

I'm annoying and persistent.....

This is PAAAAAAAAAAINFUL!

I hope this goes through.

Comments

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

I had that same issue for a while where I'd log in, be directed to my account dashboard, and then be asked to log in again when i returned to the forum.

I haven't seen that happen to me in a while, but I agree it's very annoying and frustrating. I empathize.

• Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Interesting. I keep getting logged out of the store. The forums are just super slow for me. And when I ask to see latest posts, I have to try several times.. It also takes several time to get a post through sometimes. So yes, a mess.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 1969

...are you on a wireless or do you have a direct connection?

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited December 1969

I have issues when using safari on my first generation ipad, but not when using chrome on the same device or any browser on any pc.

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

Having to repeatedly log in is definitely a PITA

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...are you on a wireless or do you have a direct connection?
    Home computer- running via CAT 5e to router.
    edited December 1969

I can't edit my posts because that automatically kicked me out... after 8 tries I can't log back in. Every time I log in it just get kicked back to the account page. Log in - opens account page, go to commons forum- choose thread, back to account page where I'm logged in- go to commons, but I'm logged out... go back to account page, still logged in- go back to account page, now I'm logged out of that too... leave DAZ and visit 3DOC for a moment, return to DAZ via my "Commons" forum bookmark and I'm back at my account page- I log myself out, google DAZ forums and get in that way, I'm logged out of course, so I log in and back to my account page, click on the commons forum and I'm at the log in page... repeat this 8+ times.

I am not amused.

I have no idea when or if this will post, but I have gotten to this screen after 8+ tries, and I have copied (for pasting) and will continue till this posts...

Of note- I tried logging in with my father-in-law's computer at his house and I have the same issue... actually worse, I could not log in at all.

I HATE Magento.

I really, really, really hate Magento, it has sucked the fun out of this place like a suit of leeches.

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

I can't edit my posts because that automatically kicked me out... after 8 tries I can't log back in. Every time I log in it just get kicked back to the account page. Log in - opens account page, go to commons forum- choose thread, back to account page where I'm logged in- go to commons, but I'm logged out... go back to account page, still logged in- go back to account page, now I'm logged out of that too... leave DAZ and visit 3DOC for a moment, return to DAZ via my "Commons" forum bookmark and I'm back at my account page- I log myself out, google DAZ forums and get in that way, I'm logged out of course, so I log in and back to my account page, click on the commons forum and I'm at the log in page... repeat this 8+ times.

I am not amused.

I have no idea when or if this will post, but I have gotten to this screen after 8+ tries, and I have copied (for pasting) and will continue till this posts...

Of note- I tried logging in with my father-in-law's computer at his house and I have the same issue... actually worse, I could not log in at all.

I HATE Magento.

I really, really, really hate Magento, it has sucked the fun out of this place like a suit of leeches.

To be totally fair, the issues with the forums and getting logged out isn't a Magento issue. It is an issue with the forum software and the poorly implemented bridge between the Magento login and the forum login. Its very frustrating and we know it, we hate it ourselves. That is why we are working on moving the forums to a better and more stable platform that isn't rife with these issues which will hopefully make the forums a lot less frustrating. There was a mention of this in the PC forum a bit ago that went into a bit more details, but basically, we know its a problem and we are working on the migration process so we can move to a more stable platform for the forums without losing all the posts here (and maybe get back the posts from the old forum if we hit a home run with the migration implementation).

Most common solution to fix it is delete all cookies for daz3d.com. Usually the log in issues comes when there is a problem setting an updated cookie on your browser. And any sort of anonymizer on your system will probably make the login not function since they often actively try to strip out or prevent cookies from actually being stored or transmitted which breaks any site that uses cookie based sessions (like this one).

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited December 1969

I out every day. I need loggin at least twice in a day. I don't want do more hard refresh to continue with same problem next day. Is a problem only un firefox in my PC with direct conection, explorer goes ok in same PC, and firefox is Ok in wifi tablet.

Another thing stoping to work is check spelling. This shows "No errors found" message even when there are awful spelling...like mine :P

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    I have issues when using safari on my first generation ipad, but not when using chrome on the same device or any browser on any pc.

I started having issues on my iPad a few days ago using Atomic Web Browser via wifi (I was getting bad gateway errors). Then I switched to Mercury Browser and no problems since.

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited September 2013

I don't get logged out, but I keep getting redirected to "My Dashboard" when trying to post.

It just happened to me many times trying to make a post. On a whim I held down the control key while pressing the submit button (yup, a windoze machine) and after nothing else working - that did it!

I had tried the hard reload (cntrl + f5) with no luck, so it just seemed an interesting idea to try.

Maybe this can help with the log outs until the new forum software arrives?

Hopefully they get a VBulletin or something solid. This forum is ...

NOT The Millennium Cow!!

Post edited by Sockratease on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Being a multi-tab user, i have noticed that it's an auto log-out everytime I visit a certain other webstore. Have to re-login here.
    Am still logged into about 5 other stores even if I haven't been there for days.

Get the dashboard if trying to get to a post via an email and said post or another one affecting the count has been hidden or removed.

And there's often a burb in the system which may make for a re-login or a simple "ain't gonna get the page" when the cache system is being reloaded or whatever it is that changes the pages for sales, etc.

I have read that inside some browsers is a security habit to knock off sessions between forums and stores however I've only encountered this situation in this one store [so far].

And many times when logged in, in the Commons, going to post into one particular thread ... is almost an automatic log out or redirect to the Dashboard. Happens to a few people too many times. That's the Star Trek thread.

Helps keep the hair to use 'copy/paste' before hitting submit.

edited September 2013

Okay... I'll buy that its not Magento's fault...
    I suppose other software could be terrible too.
    I already tried the cookie juggling, I didn't notice a difference...
    And a different browser... and a different house with a different computer.
    What is really bugging me out is how this is completely not consistent in how it logs in/out... for example I randomly revisited this forum before and managed to get into a "Post a New Reply" screen in a thread... but when I hit "Submit Post" it logged me out... completely- out of my account page and out of the forums... I got fed up and closed the internet and and went out to feed a stray kitten in my yard... I hung out with it for about 45 min and came back inside (in retrospect I probably should have had a beer too, but I figured the cat is too young to be exposed to alcohol consumption)... I open up my browser and visit DAZ- Via googling DAZ Forums and oddly enough I'm logged in already.

Hu?

When I told the cat about it, even she was puzzled... then again she was also puzzled by a small leaf stuck to my shoe...

I sort of feel bad about telling the cat that Magento ruined the forums... it does suck, just not in this case... I guess its like when you have an axe-murderer who is always hacking people up and then you find a head laying on the floor, you automatically assume it was him (or her)...

I'm not going to try more than two or three times to post this, as the log in roulette has lost its novelty, but its good to know that there may be some hopefully good changes with the forum software in the future... hopefully not too distant a future... for now I'll probably not visit for a while unless this somehow goes away... its weird but it does sometimes... a while ago I had a problem with be logged out when I left DAZ... then for like two weeks I wasn't ... and then it went back to doing it again... and now this...

Post edited by McGyver on