Sorting Wishlist by Price.

joegerardijoegerardi Posts: 226
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Is this still possible? The answer is somewhat important to me, because I have become so disenchanted with all the ridiculous issues this new store has generated, my hatred of DS4's interface forcing me to stay with DS3A, and loathing of Genesis, that it's come down to the fact that if I can't even sort my wishlist, it's time to say goodbye to the PC club and stop giving DAZ money for everything I can't do..

So can someone answer that for me?

Thanks,

..Joe

Comments

• PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

Don't know about the Wishlist feature but for the DS4 interface - have you downloaded the free DS4 Pro? It comes with the Darkside style similar to the Nouveaux Dark style in DS3. It has smaller buttons and text and gets rid of the default Fisher Price interface. I didn't like the default style either.

ds4.jpg
    800 x 500 - 86K
  • joegerardijoegerardi Posts: 226
    edited December 1969

I'm aware of the Darkside skin, It's not just that- it's the fact that they keep populating their desktop with more and more crap that takes up more and more space, which makes the scene window smaller and smaller. It's like their content and layout is more important than what I'm trying to do with it. I render everything 1600x900, and a scene that big in that workspace is ludicrous.

I've been developing a long time, and the fundamental rule- make it work easily for the end user - is not really a consideration of new developers; it seems that all they care to do is show how cool they can make something: functionality is an afterthought.

Thanks for the assist, though, 'Maus, and good to hear from ya..

..Joe

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited June 2012

I've got nearly the same size viewport as I do in DS3 by using Darkside and moving my most-used tabs all to the left side. If I moved the tab labels to the top it would be the same size as DS3.

ds3_vs_ds4.jpg
    1132 x 1559 - 291K
    Post edited by fixmypcmike on
    edited December 1969

I appreciate that, but I use a bigger workspace. I'd never get it the way it is in DS3A, which is why I'll never move to DS4A.

..Joe

workspace.jpg
    800 x 433 - 35K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I appreciate that, but I use a bigger workspace. I'd never get it the way it is in DS3A, which is why I'll never move to DS4A.

..Joe

You realise it's your monitor size and resolution that gives you the size you have. You could still do that in DS4, you can change Font size Colors ect now. Only the Icons in Parameters and Shaping would through things off.
    edited December 1969

Don't see how- when I tried DS4, all those tabs cascaded horizontally like in the post 2 up. It's not just my monitor size, because when I had a 17" widescreen, I still had a majority of workspace, not those ridiculous tabs and icons. I have only 2 rows of small icons, not 4 of large size ones: my workspace takes up one colume as opposed to the 3 in that post.. It's simply not worth the effort to try to make it work- I can't be bothered, and it's obvious DAZ can be either.

Look, it's a waste of your time to try to convince me. I'm not a little 14 year-old who is new to this- I'm probably older than most of you, I've been developing code since the late '80's, and I want my Studio to be efficient, not cool. If you tell me I can get that same size workspace in DS4, put up a screen shot, don't tell me to work with what they shove at me- I don't have to and I won't. I"m not losing, DAZ is losing- money. I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'd conservatively estimate 30% of Studio users refuse to upgrade for the same reason I won't and as such, we're still rendering inn application that works comfortable for us.

Besides, the question for this thread had to do with sorting the wishlist by price, and I guess the lack of response means no, so I guess it's time to stop being a PC member. Another loss of income for DAZ due to lack of planning...

..Joe

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I use 4 large icons across and list view for the Content Library because I prefer that. One column across and tree view (and I think smaller icons) are all options. There are some tabs that can't be shrunk very much, however.

edited December 1969

I really dont see much differance in my DS4 and your DS3.

Image1.jpg
    800 x 450 - 152K
    edited December 1969

Okay, I have to admit, that's not too bad. I might actually take a look at it again. Thanks for that, but it's not going to change my mind about Genesis, the lack of new items for older meshes, the ridiculous new store, and the poor operational abilities of the new site in general. In fact, I was talking to DAZ support yesterday- I casually mentioned that I haven't gotten a PC voucher this month and the very helpful young lady mentioned that there are no more vouchers, that we get coupons via e-mail now. Well, that ain't never gonna work- DAZ has one of the crappiest e-mail systems in the world: the majority of the time I get the sale e-mails days after the sale has already ended; I get confirmation e-mails of purchases anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 days later. And it's not my system- I use Yahoo Mail, and the fact that I get the DAZ mails eventually means that there's no issue at this end, it's at theirs.

I'm still waiting on a resolution to a documented problem in Studio 3A. I'm still waiting, because I registered that bug, documented it and gave them all the information well over a year before 3A was discontinued, and they never even looked at it. You can only ignore a customer for so long: regardless of how much in-demand your product is, treat people like crap and they're gonna walk away. That's the point I've gotten to.

..Joe

edited December 1969

I'm a DS3A user 99% of the time So I understand your point of view. Not trying to change your mind just showing what I did to get DS4 to work close to DS3 for me.

• PuntomausPuntomaus Posts: 450
    edited December 1969

I just wanted to add that my workspace I posted above is not that small because DS did that but because I set it to be like that. My renders are most always portrait and not landscape that's why I don't need a wide viewport. My DS3 workspace did look the same. And I have a 22" monitor :)

Tabs oriented on top instead at the side can be set under Edit - Preferences - Interface - Tab Groups. I like it better at the side because this way I have access to all the tabs without having to scroll for them when they are oriented on top.

• brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,152
    edited March 2023

joegerardi said:

Is this still possible? The answer is somewhat important to me, because I have become so disenchanted with all the ridiculous issues this new store has generated, my hatred of DS4's interface forcing me to stay with DS3A, and loathing of Genesis, that it's come down to the fact that if I can't even sort my wishlist, it's time to say goodbye to the PC club and stop giving DAZ money for everything I can't do..

So can someone answer that for me?

Thanks,

..Joe

Thought I was going crazy when I couldn't find the sort on the wishlist. There used to be options for price and item age. They are gone.

Post edited by brainmuffin on

Now I wonder if I've cross-pollinated. I'm trying to find the sort of wishlist on the website. It hasn't been gone for 11 years as the OP was asking.

Never mind. Found it. I have to hide the filters on the webpage to see the sort.