A Challenge for David Brinnen.

2»

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,109
    edited July 2012

You know, if we had the complete links to the text and pictures, this could all be ripped with a small script, REBOL, for example.

EDIT: On second thought, it would all be very much simpler if we'd got the access back.

Post edited by Horo on
  • IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    You know, if we had the complete links to the text and pictures, this could all be ripped with a small script, REBOL, for example.

EDIT: On second thought, it would all be very much simpler if we'd got the access back.

he he he, The other option would be to re-create those tutorials here in this forum, it would be a bit of work I admit, and probably not worth doing till these forums can do in-line images, definitely better to have the original access restored as you say.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Believe you me, we all agree with you 100% There are so many tutorials that were done in the same way as David did his, that have all gone MIA. I am one of the luckier ones, inasmuch as I only had 2 done this way. THe otheres all have far more, and some of them quite complimacated

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

I'll see if I can remake them and get them posted up on www.bryce_tutorials.info and that way I'm no longer at the mercy of DAZ's website upgrades. It may take a while... but I reckon I've got a pretty good chance if the weather stays like it is.

edited July 2012

Sounds like a plan, i've been in all day cause the weather here is foul.

EDIT: just reread the original and it sounded really arrogant, sorry :(

Post edited by IanTP on
    edited December 1969

Good idea, David. That's why I have a website on my own where I'm in command.

Besides - even though it is nice to have mini tuts here in the forums, they get burried soon as new threads are opened. Moreso since they do not bump back to the first page once a comment is added.

By the way - any news on the progress of the Bryce-Tech site? Blaine looked for someone to take it up since the old owner could not maintain it anymore. I think Graham volonteered. The webspace is payed for by DAZ.

edited December 1969

I was sort of hoping to get my paws on it for my own reasons if DAZ wasn't doing anything vastly productive with it. Need to rattle poor Blaine's cage. Doubtless though we'll have to join a long queue for that particular rattle. I've got Pam on a promise, but likewise, I suspect everyone at DAZ towers is somewhat snowed under at this moment.

edited December 1969

I still haven't had any feedback on that. I think others minds have been on other things, can't think why. :roll:

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I still haven't had any feedback on that. I think others minds have been on other things, can't think why. :roll:

Tactfully put.

edited December 1969

Well I have just written a note to myself in our chatroom, so if Blaine pops in I will try and whisper in his shell like.

edited December 1969

Last feedback I got from Graham who got a word from Blaine was on 11. April - this year.

edited December 1969

David and Horo I have sent you both a PM. Well i hope they both go through

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

Cho and David,
    mCasual created a script that will take an archived forum entry and recreate a web page from this. You can find his instructions here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/743/
    and Cho my next render for the challenge will be using Bryce. This really looks cool and I am looking forward to the challenge.
    Lonnie

edited December 1969

Thanks Dollygirl, looks good, off tutorial hunting.. ;)

edited December 1969

@Dollygirl - Thanks for the link to the script. I'll try it out as anon as I have time. Looks very useful!