Morphing dials not working ?

MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
edited July 2012 in New Users

Once I've grasped the basic essentials I'm hoping one day to eventually put together a series of Lady Godiva historical scenes but obviously need to get a basic figure built first. However I'm wondering that either the Victoria 4 pack I bought might be too out of date for the latest Daz versions, or whether I still need to buy one or two more things as well. I've downloaded the old V4 one ok and it looks from the pic that it's installed correctly, but I'm unable to get the sliders on the right to do anything.... ??

Thanks for any help.

Image cropped for nudity. Please refer to this for details. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279_98/

Post edited by frank0314 on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

I hate to say this but it looks like the HAIR is selected not the Figure. The Morphs list gives it away, V4 does not have Parting-2_Neck morph.

If you are trying to morph the hair in the Older sets like that one goto the Scene tab and expaind the hair untill you can select the Neck. That should unlock the morphs unless you Auto Fit the hair. You should not need to Auto Fit a V4 hair to a V4 figure.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks but for some reason my Scene tab's disappeared, just Content Library and Tool Settings. Bound to be me apologies.

edited July 2012

Use the Menu Window >Tab> and open any tab you need. You can also DOCK them anywhere you like. Just drag them to the place you wish it to be.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Is there a default button for the side tabs, parameters, scene etc. the one you get when new as mine are all over the place now for some reason ?

Thanks

edited December 1969

Try Window>Workspace>Layout you will have four to chose from. I use City Limits and then modify it.

edited July 2012

Unfortunately I can't find the sliders again, but I did find a copy of Read Me which might help....?

Cant_find_sliders.JPG
    951 x 581 - 62K
    Post edited by Marcuse on
  • niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi Marcuse...

From your screen shot it looks like you have Victoria's Neck selected. Click in the Drop Down in the Parameters Tab where it says Victoria 4.2:Neck and find the Hair figure. Then expand that down and select Neck and you should then see the Morphs for the hair figure. You can also do this in the Scene Tab.

Hope this Helps... :)

edited July 2012

Hi niccipb, thanks for the help. I'm probably doing something wrong (as usual !) but I still can't seem to find it and nothing happens when I click on the orange highlighted "Main Hair"....??

Cant_find_sliders_1.JPG
    788 x 540 - 48K
    Post edited by Marcuse on
    edited December 1969

Ok... so with Main-Hair selected the morphs are not showing in the Parameters Tab?

edited December 1969

That's right it won't go any further...??

edited December 1969

Hmm... I also notice you have two Victorias loaded. Is that needed? What is the name of this hair I might have it and if I do I could check it for you.

edited December 1969

That's a Magix101 hair right? What's the product name... I might have it....I do have some Magix101 hairs...let me get my laptop out and have a look.

edited December 1969

Yes a Magix101 hair

Celestial Monster Pak
    $28.95

No idea why there's 2 Victoria 4s so I can delete one....?

edited December 1969

Ok I don't have that particular hair but I do have others by the same vendor and they have the same hierarchy. The morphs should be listed in the Parameters Tab when you have the Main-Hair node selected in the scene tab. If their not showing, try reloading the hair figure.

As for the 2 V4's, try selecting one and moving it over to see it. If it is just another V4 and you don't need it, just remove it from the scene.

edited December 1969

niccipb said:
    Ok I don't have that particular hair but I do have others by the same vendor and they have the same hierarchy. The morphs should be listed in the Parameters Tab when you have the Main-Hair node selected in the scene tab. If their not showing, try reloading the hair figure.

As for the 2 V4's, try selecting one and moving it over to see it. If it is just another V4 and you don't need it, just remove it from the scene.

They're both working the same so best to delete all and reload then ?

edited December 1969

Just deleat one, you will be fine.

edited December 1969

Did you delete the hair figure and then reload it?

edited December 1969

niccipb said:
    Did you delete the hair figure and then reload it?

So far I've just deleted 1 V4, and starting afresh with just the one. Then I'll delete and download another hair Pak from my account - is that correct ?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Make sure the hair is selected when you apply 01-Celestial-AllFem-INJ

edited December 1969

Sorry....what I meant was did you reload the hair figure from the Content Library

edited December 1969

Thanks I wasn't sure what it all meant the first time....

edited December 1969

niccipb said:
    Sorry....what I meant was did you reload the hair figure from the Content Library

Haven't done anything yet so will delete it from the Content Library next. What happens then ?

edited December 1969

Does the Celestial hair require you to Inject the morphs? I don't have that one, but all the other Magix101 hairs I have load with all the morphs.

edited December 1969

Do not deleat from content library!! Deleat from your scene only! Then load it again then select it in the scene tab and double cklick the inject morphs like Fixmypcmike said.

edited December 1969

Marcuse said:
    niccipb said:

Haven't done anything yet so will delete it from the Content Library next. What happens then ?

No don't delete from the Content Library...just delete it from the Scene. Then load a new one from the Content Library

edited December 1969

niccipb said:

Does the Celestial hair require you to Inject the morphs? I don't have that one, but all the other Magix101 hairs I have load with all the morphs.

Yes though I'm not really familar with it all yet. Just deleted from the Content Library so presumably I download a new one from my account ?

edited December 1969

niccipb said:
    Marcuse said:
    niccipb said:

No don't delete from the Content Library...just delete it from the Scene. Then load a new one from the Content Library

That's OK I'm getting used to it but most of all it's good practice as I've no real idea what I did the first time ! %-P

edited December 1969

Marcuse said:
    niccipb said:
    Marcuse said:
    niccipb said:

That's OK I'm getting used to it but most of all it's good practice as I've no real idea what I did the first time ! %-P

Ooh... sorry about that... I know when you're new to all of this the terms and instructions can get a bit confusing sometimes... I should have been a little clearer about what I meant be "reload".... :red:

edited December 1969

Looks as though something's still there....

Cant_find_sliders_2.JPG
    851 x 655 - 62K
    edited December 1969

niccipb said:
    Marcuse said:
    niccipb said:
    Marcuse said:
    niccipb said:

Ooh... sorry about that... I know when you're new to all of this the terms and instructions can get a bit confusing sometimes... I should have been a little clearer about what I meant be "reload".... :red:

That's ok I'm enjoying it all ! :-)