Nothing showing up in Smart Content

Comments

• AustinDAustinD Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

I just thank whatever gods may be that the people in charge of this program aren't allowed to build airplanes.

I now gone through six different threads and probably eight hours of my life simply attempting to get the program to work the way it claims to. I, too, have had all "Smart" (fall down laughing) content disappear. I've tried everything in all threads (as much as possible; most of it is incomprehensible gibberish), and none of it has worked.

I'm trashing everything to do with this program, and any and everything I have ever been foolish enough to get related to "DAZ(e)," and will never look back.

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

AustinD said:

I'm trashing everything to do with this program, and any and everything I have ever been foolish enough to get related to "DAZ(e)," and will never look back.

Little extreme, but I do agree there is a problem here. I've install and reinatlled DAZ4.5 and CMS and each time I've had to go into the DAZ4.5 install directory and create the database directory, not once has it been made or utilized. I've tried the import the metadata process and still comes back with nothing.

CMS had worked..for a week or so, but after installing the muscular morphs for Genesis and GEN-X...CMS stopped. Coincidence? heck yes! And yes they were the latest versions. New Laptop, so all downloads were reset.

BTW...CMS is running...just no content.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited October 2012

Personally I take a much more forgiving attitude towards software that is free as opposed to software that I pay for. If I had paid for Daz/Bryce/Hex I'd be very upset about all the bugs and crashes. Since the base software is free and you only pay for content and plugins the crashes and bugs while a nuisance are easily put in perspective by the overall usefulness of the software.

I worked as an art monkey briefly for a local studio about 6 or 7 years ago making mostly props with Maya. Even that software, which cost thousands of dollars, was not without its bugs and the learning curve was very steep.

Now all these years later I've decided to give the world of 3D illustration another go and I've found Daz/Bryce/Hex to be very easy to learn (and a lot of what I learned on that other job years ago is coming back to me) and the user community is beyond compare. And from what I hear Daz is working on updates to fix the known bugs in their software.

As for CMS, there are definitely some problems. I've had it stop running a few times myself, usually when I've worked in the Shader Mixer. Fortunately for me it will always reboot when I turn it on manually.

If worse comes to worse you can still open your content manually from the file menu.

Post edited by ghastlycomic on
  • MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    edited December 1969

smarties said:
    I was experiencing the same problem on Mac, until I read this thread and started experiencing.

I solved the problem by navigating to /Library/DAZ 3D/Content Management Service/databases and deleting all the folder content (I noticed they were old — since I installed DAZ Studio 3 one year ago, means never been used by the software).

I then opened the Content DB Maintenance as mentioned above on the thread, and checked Re-import Metadata, let it process and everything was solved since. Now I can see Smart Content populated, finally!

I hope this will help you.

It worked! I also went to Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/service and clicked on "Start DAZ Content Management Service" with the Activity Monitor open (it was there!). Then I restarted DAZ ( it opened on the second attempt ).

I've never seen the smart tab work and now I have lovely blue highlights everywhere.

• RedHeadLilithRedHeadLilith Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just to let everyone know in windows 7 there is a quick way to stop and run the CMS it's under ---> control panel -----> tools management ------> Microsoft Management Console

look in the list for the one that says Daz content Management service , than if you look up you will see stop and play buttons, to stop the CMS click stop. when you Re install Daz it will restart again automatically.

• kaalika.ggkaalika.gg Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

Just installed Daz Studio 4.5 and had content in the Shaping tab but nothing under Smart Content. When I tried the fix to reimport metadata it gave me Smart Content but took away Shaping. Recreated the database and the same result: Smart Content data, Shaping nothing. Help?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Due to a bug in older content most older morphs will show up in Parameters in 4.5.

edited December 1969

This is the default install of 4.5 and base genesis content, and they were showing up at first, until I imported the metadata into Smart Content. Any way to get Shaping back?

edited October 2012

EDIT: if you go to parameters and choose all nothing there too ?

Post edited by RedHeadLilith on
    edited December 1969

They are in parameters and I can adjust the figure now, thank you Jaderail. Wondering if there's a way to edit something to force the morphs back into the Shaping tab somehow?

edited December 1969

Not that I know of. It would be up to the PA and Daz to do that I believe.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Just installed Daz Studio 4.5 and had content in the Shaping tab but nothing under Smart Content. When I tried the fix to reimport metadata it gave me Smart Content but took away Shaping. Recreated the database and the same result: Smart Content data, Shaping nothing. Help?

Is this with the latest DS 4.5.1.6 and Genesis Starter Essentials 1.6?

edited December 1969

Yes. It's the 64bit version.

edited December 1969

Can you list some dials that aren't showing up? I have other morph packs installed, so I'm not sure what comes in the GSE that I can check.

edited December 1969

Can you list some dials that aren't showing up? I have other morph packs installed, so I'm not sure what comes in the GSE that I can check.

Child, Female, Male, Universal (Body Volume, Bodybuilder, Heavy, Pear Figure, Pot Bellied, Thin) aren't showing up in Shaping tab but only in Parameters. When I first installed those were showing up but running a metadata import to get the Smart Content to show up somehow erased them from the Shaping tab.

edited December 1969

Child, Female, Male, Universal (Body Volume, Bodybuilder, Heavy, Pear Figure, Pot Bellied, Thin) aren't showing up in Shaping tab but only in Parameters. When I first installed those were showing up but running a metadata import to get the Smart Content to show up somehow erased them from the Shaping tab.

Hmm, I'm seeing them in the Shaping tab. Where is your content installed? If you look in ":Runtime:Support" directly under the specified content folder, what is the date of DAZ_3D_14812_Genesis_Starter_Essentials.dsx?

edited October 2012

Closed DAZ Studio and reopened (content management still running) and now nothing shows up at all either in Smart Content or in Shaping. This is frustrating.

I downloaded these two files yesterday and installed today. I installed to my E: drive and then went to install the Genesis package, it couldn't find the content directory. I opened and closed DAZ Studio then tried again and it found the content directory so I installed in that. So it's all been placed where the installer put things.

I'm confused by the question about Runtime:Support.

EDIT INCOMING MAY HAVE FIXED.

Ok I feel dumb now wasn't running DAZ Studio as Administrator. /facepalm

In addition when I tried to fix by renaming the databases folder, it created databasesContentDB.* files instead of creating a new databases/ folder. So when I closed the program it lost all the metadata all over again.

Reminder to any other newbies who find this, run the program as administrator!

...I'm going to go hide now.

Post edited by kaalika.gg on
    edited December 1969

try to import your meta data again the reason it will not show is you stopped the CMS and start it again -this step usually you do if you want to uninstall daz and re install it again

edited December 1969

Closed DAZ Studio and reopened (content management still running) and now nothing shows up at all either in Smart Content or in Shaping. This is frustrating.

I downloaded these two files yesterday and installed today. I installed to my E: drive and then went to install the Genesis package, it couldn't find the content directory. I opened and closed DAZ Studio then tried again and it found the content directory so I installed in that. So it's all been placed where the installer put things.

I'm confused by the question about Runtime:Support.

In addition when I tried to fix by renaming the databases folder, it created databasesContentDB.* files instead of creating a new databases/ folder. So when I closed the program it lost all the metadata all over again.

I understand you i'm also new it's can be very hard in the start. but don't give up , :)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

You shouldn't HAVE to run it as admin...basically something in your install of Windows is whacked, not DS. Either some security software is preventing it or your user account is 'limited'. Or, you are infected with something (some malware will change the user account privileges to something very restrictive...this is done to make removal of it even harder).

try to import your meta data again the reason it will not show is you stopped the CMS and start it again -this step usually you do if you want to uninstall daz and re install it again

Try just renaming the changed name back to what is should be, first...it's the easy thing to do and often does work. Especially if you've done nothing that would require an 'update' to the database.

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    You shouldn't HAVE to run it as admin...basically something in your install of Windows is whacked, not DS. Either some security software is preventing it or your user account is 'limited'. Or, you are infected with something (some malware will change the user account privileges to something very restrictive...this is done to make removal of it even harder).
    You sure about that? I was under the impression that Admin was required for DS4.5. I have seen that fix it for many users. It depends on how their PC is set up I believe. If the users account is not the Admin account at Install is when it goes wrong I think. If installed from the Admin account and set to shared it will work for all accounts. I think that is what I have seen.
  • magbhitumagbhitu Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

i just bought michael 3 and am not having any luck getting it to work. when i go to my content tab i have nothing not even DAZ content.

I believe my paths are configured correctly.

when i try a database maintenance and re-import meta data my content's metadata shows on that screen but this does not solve the problem.

i am running both the content db and daz as admin to see if that helps. so far nothing.

is it time to re-install DAZ?

I'm on Windows7 with microsoft security essentials and advast as anti-virus.

recommendations?

daz_ccreen2.jpg
    1371 x 1126 - 282K
    edited December 1969

here's my path config screenshot

daz_ccreen1.jpg
    1317 x 783 - 182K
    edited December 1969

Click on the double-arrow -- you've accidentally collapsed that portion of the Content Library pane.

collapsed.jpg
    418 x 377 - 22K
    edited December 1969

that's the ticket! worked like a charm - thanks.... glad it was so easy!

• SkelchSkelch Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

Ok for me I am running winows 7 and What I did was:
    1. I right clicked on MY COMPUTER icon
    2. and choose MANAGE
    3. double clicked Services and Applications
    4. This opened another section that says Services click on that
    5. This will list all the services running found DAZ Content Management and right clicked on it and choose Start.

• edited September 2013

Skelch said:
    Ok for me I am running winows 7 and What I did was:
    1. I right clicked on MY COMPUTER icon
    2. and choose MANAGE
    3. double clicked Services and Applications
    4. This opened another section that says Services click on that
    5. This will list all the services running found DAZ Content Management and right clicked on it and choose Start.

Brilliant :) Been searching the forums for only 20 mins and nothing simple was working until this. Sorted it right out, thanks very much!

EDIT - on windows 8 btw and it still works just as described.

Post edited by baffled13_f41e881498 on
  • edited December 1969

Ok, the problem keeps recurring. I've tinkered a bit with the properties of the DAZ Content Management Service but i can't get the change to stick - any advice please?

edited December 1969

You need to Set it to Allowed by the service that keeps turning it off. Most often that is a users Anti Virus program.

• justdi49justdi49 Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

Hi there....I am having the same problem of no smart content showing, have been reading thru this thread and found the log file that is mentioned but don't know what it means. I am running windows 8.1....if anyone can help I sure would appreciate it.

/*************************************************************************************/
    Mon Nov 25 2013 02:16:11.945000 ContentManagementServer (4.8.1, Kernel 4.8.1 )
    Maximum number of connections: 0

Mon Nov 25 2013 02:16:15.447000 (TID 556): Server started
    Mon Nov 25 2013 02:16:15.447000 (TID 556): Non-secure port: 27997
    Mon Nov 25 2013 02:16:15.447000 (TID 556): ERROR: Not found any valid license.
    Possible reasons:
    1) license is expired - please visit http://www.valentina-db.com/en/downloads/get-server-demo-license and download a new one;
    2) license is already used by another VServer instance running on this computer;
    3) license is rejected by FREE VServer - please visit http://www.valentina-db.com/en/support/my-account register there and download Free VServer license.
    Mon Nov 25 2013 02:16:15.447000 (TID 556): Server terminated