Daz Sudio 4.5 and dynamic cloth?

Freelancer604Freelancer604 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hey all, Im looking at a possible to switch to daz studio 4.5, but have 2 things that I was wondering about.

Does this new version finally support dynamic cloth? The dynamic cloth tab simply doesnt show up in 4.0.3 64bit.. but it does in older versions of daz, I found that super annoying =. =

Do my libraries carry over? I constructed a sort of database by listing items and their textures in the same folders under general terms like "people" and "Casual clothing" in the products section. Would all these references be lost?

Thx!

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

Install the 32-bit version if you want DC.

• Freelancer604Freelancer604 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thx for the reply,

Did you mean 32 bit 4.5 or 4.0?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I am running DS4P 4.5.0.49 RC2, 64 bit, and the DCC works OK in it. There should be no difference in how the the libraries load that I know of.

edited July 2012

Hmm i just installed 4.5, along with the clothing control that came with it, and for some reason the dynamic cloth tab isnt in the program! It is supposed to be under windows, right?

Tried both 64 and 32 bit, and there is no "dynamic cloth" under window>tabs. Anyone else had this problem?

Post edited by Freelancer604 on
    edited December 1969

Have a look under Help > About Installed Plugins to see what it says about it there.

It should have the same two last digits as the version number of DS4 that it was designed for.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

along with the clothing control that came with it

The clothing control is separate and if you do not have the current version of it (you will need to re-download separately) then your dynamics will not work.

edited December 1969

It says

"Version:1.2.0.49" under "Dynamic cloth control - plugin"

edited December 1969

If you are using DS4P version 4.5.0.49, then this is the correct plugin.

Does it have a green symbol beside it, or a red one?

If it has a green one, it should apper in Window > Tabs > Dynamic Clothing.

Can you also have a look in the Plugins folder in the Program Files area for the plugin, it should be called dzoptitexclothcontrol.dll for the paid for one, and the basic one is then renamed to dzoptitexclothbasic.dll.basic.

edited December 1969

Hmm in the plugins list it has a check mark and a green power plug beside it. dzoptitexclothbasic.dll.basic. is in my program files>daz3D>plugins.. but its still not showing up in the tabs list. All I have in there starting with "D" is DForm :(

edited December 1969

If you did not buy the advanced Dynamic Control as a seperate plugin, you will have to remove the 'dot basic' from the dzoptitexclothbasic.dll.basic in your plugins folder. If you did buy it, you will need to reinstall making sure that it goes into the correct plugins folder, and then you should have dzoptitexclothcontrol.dll in that folder.

You could do a search for the plugin dzoptitexclothcontrol.dll on your system in case it has been installed nto the wrong place, there is a 32 bit and a 64 bit version available, and each version should be in the zip file with the appropriate DS4P version.

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

If you did by the "Dynamic Cloth control" plug in (listed in plug ins as "Dynamic cloth plug in -control) then the current version is 1.0.11.19 unless there was a new one put out after studio 4.5 went live. This is the plug in that adds the ability to adjust fabric weights and internal pressure etc.

edited December 1969

I didnt buy a dynamic cloth toolkit or anything, but this "DS4_DynamicClothingControl_1.2.0.49_Win64.exe" came with the 4.5 installer package. I was just wondering about that. After the install, the readme says "thanks for purchasing dynamic cloth and sutch" but in the actual program, it does not seem to list the feature even though the dll is green in the plugins list.

edited December 1969

If you did not buy the advanced Dynamic Control as a seperate plugin, you will have to remove the 'dot basic' from the dzoptitexclothbasic.dll.basic in your plugins folder. If you did buy it, you will need to reinstall making sure that it goes into the correct plugins folder, and then you should have dzoptitexclothcontrol.dll in that folder.

You could do a search for the plugin dzoptitexclothcontrol.dll on your system in case it has been installed nto the wrong place, there is a 32 bit and a 64 bit version available, and each version should be in the zip file with the appropriate DS4P version.

If you look at my previous post, you will see what you have to do. When you install the paid for plugin, it renames the basic plugin as stated above, and you have to rename it for it to appear in the Window > Tabs area.

If you did not buy the plugin, then the one that comes as a seperate installer in the ZIP file is of no use to you. You need to purchase it to get the serial number. Rename the 'basic' plugin and it will work OK.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited July 2012

The dynamic cloth tab simply doesnt show up in 4.0.3 64bit..

I'm using Dynamic Clothing+Dynamic Clothing Control just fine in Studio v4.03.47 64 bit. Check their status in help/about installed plugins?

Post edited by DWG on