Bryce 8 or 9 ...?

dan3dstudiodan3dstudio Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

We are wating for developr of Bryce for 64 bit , DAZ STUDIO and Carrara have new verSion ad Bryce , when ?

thanks for Reading it.
Danielo.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

The easiest thing to do is to point you to this post. I know it is about Macs, but the salient points about the Bryce dev cycle are the same for both platforms.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19948/

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

We need to be patient before seeing bryce 8, 9, 10.....

Instead, DAZ should communicate a little more about its products including its development phases like planetside and eon-software teams do.

Before we get it ready, all we could do is to dream about Bryce 8 and the ability to use the power of our favorite software in 64-bits mode (faster render, unrestricted memory usage etc...)

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited August 2013

And Mac OS compatible would be nice c-ram. I could buy a new computer then. :-)

Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • edited December 1969

My wishlist for Bryce :
    1) 64-bit (like Carrara pro)
    2) Replicator surface (instancing lab - like Carrara)
    3) Sub Surface Scattering (like Carrara)
    4) New treelab (like Carrara)
    5) Ridding in Bryce (like Carrara)
    6) Real particle emitter (like Carrara)

But I can't leave Bryce for Carrara. it is incomprehensible.
    I can't find some items in Carrara ...:
    1) A more ergonomic terrain editor (as Bryce)
    2 ) "The DTE" like Bryce
    3 ) David Brinnen and Horo

edited December 1969

I am so with you about Carrara I am really struggling with it. It just is not makin sense to me at the moment.

The terrain editor is weird, and not nearly so intuitive as the Bryce one, even though they are based on the same principles.

I cannot work out how to get shaders on to things properly, especially trees and terrains.

I cannot work out how to get a decent sky.

OK, it is early days yet, but so far I still say that no way can Carrara ever replace my beloved Bryce.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited August 2013

I've had Carrara since 3, then upgraded to 6, 7 and 8. It's a powerful program in many aspects (though not on IBL) but not at all intuitive to handle. Maybe since Carrara 8.5 is now available, some resources are freed and DAZ will look at Bryce again.

Post edited by Horo on
  • Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I see informed people talking about Carrara 9 being released first quarter of 2014. If that is true we will be waiting a bit longer. And even longer than that since software is never released on schedule.

edited August 2013

I see informed people talking about Carrara 9 being released first quarter of 2014. If that is true we will be waiting a bit longer. And even longer than that since software is never released on schedule.

Carrara 8.5 was released exactly on schedule. They said quarter 3 and AFAIK August is in quarter 3.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Maybe since Carrara 8.5 is now available, some resources are free and DAZ will look at Bryce again.

I hope so Horo, it would be great news if daz take the choise to enter a new cicle of development with Bryce now that Carrara 8.5 is achieved.

edited December 1969

Yes, totally agree. And we need DAZ 3D to remember that we are still here, and a viable community. I do try to do my bit. Just think over 10,000 posts, and each one has a Bryce banner under it, LOL

• edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I am so with you about Carrara I am really struggling with it. It just is not makin sense to me at the moment.

The terrain editor is weird, and not nearly so intuitive as the Bryce one, even though they are based on the same principles.

I cannot work out how to get shaders on to things properly, especially trees and terrains.

I cannot work out how to get a decent sky.

OK, it is early days yet, but so far I still say that no way can Carrara ever replace my beloved Bryce.

+1 Totally agree with that!

But, I love the replicator surface in Carrara. Much better than the Bryce's Instancing Lab !

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

DAZ 3D need to be shown a path that links Bryce development with a revenue stream. Fixing the DS bridge would be one way of achieving that. So reminding DAZ 3D, on the hour, every hour, every day, until they acknowledge this would be a really good idea and totally in their interest - would be an approach. Of course I couldn't advocate the use of such a campaign to achieve the desired end... and yet...

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

DAZ 3D need to be shown a path that links Bryce development with a revenue stream. Fixing the DS bridge would be one way of achieving that. So reminding DAZ 3D, on the hour, every hour, every day, until they acknowledge this would be a really good idea and totally in their interest - would be an approach. Of course I couldn't advocate the use of such a campaign to achieve the desired end... and yet...

laughing - come on - you smoking some thing again :-)

• edited December 1969

Ridding in Bryce can be the way... ?

edited December 1969

Ridding in Bryce can be the way... ?

Rigging? Well that would be quite a bit more involved. And the aim with the bridge would be to fix it so stuff could move in both directions. So landscapes could be ported over DS easily, not just getting figures into Bryce, there's also Poser, as Dave has reminded me in another thread, by he and Pam user Poser not DS. But there's more use to the bridge fix than just figures.

edited December 1969

bigh said:

No, I'm serious, I think DAZ 3D could be motivated by money, as opposed to just a desire to provide artists with tools.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

bigh said:

No, I'm serious, I think DAZ 3D could be motivated by money, as opposed to just a desire to provide artists with tools.

money - you think :-)
    how many years have we tried to ?

• edited December 1969

Rigging? Well that would be quite a bit more involved. And the aim with the bridge would be to fix it so stuff could move in both directions. So landscapes could be ported over DS easily, not just getting figures into Bryce, there's also Poser, as Dave has reminded me in another thread, by he and Pam user Poser not DS. But there's more use to the bridge fix than just figures.

Bryce = Daz Studio new plugin ?

edited December 1969

Whatever gets Bryce off the back burner. We don't need to prove Bryce is a powerful creative tool, that a given isn't it? But given DAZ 3D own entirely both DS and Bryce, it makes sense to have them talk together nicely.

edited December 1969

bigh said:

Agreed David. DAZ 3D does seem to forget that many Bryce users consume store products. They only look at the revenue generated by pure Bryce products and forget that many of us also use standard store stuff.

I for instance have a product History which runs to 55 pages of products purchased. I would actually hate to add up the total spent. And although I do uise Poser, it is only as a "plug in" because all my renders are done in Bryce, and have been from the first day i booted up Bryce on a PC. (Bryce 2 anyone?)

edited December 1969

Not that we haven't tried to motivate DAZ 3D to use Bryce as their render engine. Obviously, our wording was strange, DAZ 3D didn't even understand what we were talking about. We need Bryce lobbyists at DAZ 3D, we haven't got any.

edited December 1969

I did tell a certain person over in the Carrara forum that Although I would take Carrara out for a spin it was never going to replace my beloved Bryce.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited August 2013

Hmmm. I wonder if it could be marketed that way. Fix the tree export problem and call it a "landscape and tree generator" DAZ Studio plugin, see if it sells. If it does, start fixing/writing the rest of the exports so they work a bit better and add them as new features for future plugin versions.
    Post edited by sriesch on
    edited December 1969

Hmmm. I wonder if it could be marketed that way. Fix the tree export problem and call it a "landscape and tree generator" DAZ Studio plugin, see if it sells. If it does, start fixing/writing the rest of the exports so they work a bit better and add them as new features for future plugin versions.

Material generator. Make sure the Bridge can process Bryce materials, if necessary by making them into UV mapped baked textures and as a bonus animators would have a solution to the twinkling materials problem.

edited December 1969

Bryce is no9t a plug-in for Daz Studio. Daz Studio is a plug-in for Bryce. You have to get things the right way round.

Calling Bryce a plug-in for something else is very demeaning to Bryce and totally devalues it.

She says, putting her foot down with a firm hand. :coolsmirk:

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Bryce is no9t a plug-in for Daz Studio. Daz Studio is a plug-in for Bryce. You have to get things the right way round.

Calling Bryce a plug-in for something else is very demeaning to Bryce and totally devalues it.

The bridge should be made to work both ways. So people get the choice of rendering in whatever software they are most comfortable with. Neither has to be subservient to the other.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

The bridge should be made to work both ways. So people get the choice of rendering in whatever software they are most comfortable with. Neither has to be subservient to the other.

Agreed, but don't call it a plug-in. We are trying to save Bryce and improve it.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Agreed, but don't call it a plug-in. We are trying to save Bryce and improve it.

Just a plugin would be a devaluation of Bryce. Rather, making and declaring it as an addition to DS. That may be an incentive to bring it back into development.
    edited August 2013

I guess it is just me that thinks of DS and / or Poser as being plug-ins or add-ons for Bryce, rather than the other way round. :coolsmile:

The only reason I purchased Poser was so that I could have people and animals in my Bryce renders.

I know the rest of the Forum Team laugh when I say it. :roll:

Post edited by Chohole on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Actually I often use DS as a Bryce plug-in too, both to pose figures and for the content library, although I do also use it by itself.
    When I say that, I don't mean to demean either in any way by suggesting either as a plugin for the other though.
    People who wouldn't want to purchase one as a stand alone application because they prefer to use the other still might still find it useful as an addition to their favorite application. Listing it as a plugin might make them look at it and consider it as an option without making them feel like they are switching or abandoning the other application.