The Poses Rhyming With Roses Complaint Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

SREE doesn't use openGL in preview mode. helps when your graphics card is lame. like mine :shut: -on board graphics card.

...where do I find the switch for it?
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    SREE doesn't use openGL in preview mode. helps when your graphics card is lame. like mine :shut: -on board graphics card.

right click in the preview window

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Menu=>Render->Render Settings

sreed.jpg
    698 x 573 - 48K
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    should have 20 seconds or so of this cloud sim by Wednesday ;)

...so exactly how long is it taking to render this all?

Don't know exactly. 118 frames in 22 hours or so from 500, might not be finished Wednesday, we'll see. Mojoworld is an antique 32 bit program that only uses one processor core at a time. But it makes beautiful animated cloud sequences, I'm an addict :)

edited December 1969

Morning. RDO monday, my turn to sleep in yay! ;)

edited December 1969

we back?

double_facepalm.jpg
    635 x 496 - 52K
    edited December 1969

Looks as if :)

edited December 1969

Real cold day here, grey clouds no Sun at all !

edited July 2012

cofffeee zombeee donde es coffffee rowrrr shuffl shuffl rwrrr

Coffee sounds really good, unfortunately it's pouring rain and it's 3 blocks to the coffee shop! Even with my umbrella I'd be soaked. I think I need to buy a coffee maker!

We REALLY need the rain, though, so I'm willing to get damp when I go grocery shopping. Better a damp loach than a dry Austin!

Posers UI is really different so it's slow going. Trying to position spotlights and such is kind of a pain, I'm not sure if there's a "look through" like in DS4, I'm going to dive back into the manual whilst I sip diet Coke and nibble cheese!

Nothing like being snug in our place and listening to the rain come down!

You look through a light via its shadow cam , the shadow cam label and its light's label don't always match tho :) You can look thru the shadow cam and select its light and transform it using the dials on the parameter pane :)

shadow_cam.png
    582 x 363 - 122K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Arrrrrgh. Stoopid Genesis. You went and lost pose controls for this finished character I made! Arrrrgh!

edited December 1969

Were the poses rigging or morphs? Don't mind morphs screwing up so much, they are easy but time consuming to get back. Rigging and other kinematics disasters are teh hideous to reclaim ^0^

edited December 1969

Off to lunch, nice restaurant overlooking the Bay - looks like I'm gonna freeze pity me :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Were the poses rigging or morphs? Don't mind morphs screwing up so much, they are easy but time consuming to get back. Rigging and other kinematics disasters are teh hideous to reclaim ^0^

I have honestly no idea what happened. I took the character, saved it as a shape preset while picking only what I absolutely need to redo the character, dropped all joint controls etc out of the shape preset; then did the same to pose as well, and recreated the character and dumped to the scene.

I just want to know what the hell did it, so I can avoid it next time... (I have a Nuts'n'Bolts thread for it).

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,688
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Off to lunch, nice restaurant overlooking the Bay - looks like I'm gonna freeze pity me :)

but you will have a great view of the bay

how do i redownload ring tones from iTunes?

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

Anyone else think the forum is loading a bit slowly in the past hour or so...? Like a glacier moving? o_O
    Anyway. Another awesomeness remix of a music track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezL6fp_lfgw
    And from the game itself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtx0Bd4ZT_s
    (Yeah sorry... But the track was so awesome I had to post ^_^)

edited December 1969

Forum is moving all quick and fast-like again. Happy little dragon I am! :D

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Anyone else think the forum is loading a bit slowly in the past hour or so...? Like a glacier moving? o_O
    Anyway. Another awesomeness remix of a music track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezL6fp_lfgw
    And from the game itself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtx0Bd4ZT_s
    (Yeah sorry... But the track was so awesome I had to post ^_^)

Yes wasn't working at all a few hours ago ;)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

but you will have a great view of the bay

how do i redownload ring tones from iTunes?

Was a great view, wasn't too cold they had some of those outdoor gas heaters that look like giant mushrooms ;)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Menu=>Render->Render Settings

...thank you.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    ps1borg said:

I have honestly no idea what happened. I took the character, saved it as a shape preset while picking only what I absolutely need to redo the character, dropped all joint controls etc out of the shape preset; then did the same to pose as well, and recreated the character and dumped to the scene.

I just want to know what the hell did it, so I can avoid it next time... (I have a Nuts'n'Bolts thread for it).

Hate it when that happens ;)

edited July 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    should have 20 seconds or so of this cloud sim by Wednesday ;)

...so exactly how long is it taking to render this all?

Don't know exactly. 157 frames in 30 hours or so from 500, might not be finished Wednesday, we'll see. Mojoworld is an antique 32 bit program that only uses one processor core at a time. But it makes beautiful animated cloud sequences, I'm an addict :)

MojoCapture.jpg
    800 x 604 - 40K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

..and you have a killer rig with dual hexacores and 48 gigs of RAM. Think I''ll stay away from animation for a while.

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid, for this program he has, at best, a single core with around 3Gigs of RAM. Doesn't matter how many cores, or how much RAM when you're running a program that only recognizes a small fraction of the power you have.

edited December 1969

Patience is a virtue every animator practices, even Legendary Frog :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwrel&v=DjhsFEF6cZA&NR=1

edited December 1969

bwaomega said:
    Kyoto Kid, for this program he has, at best, a single core with around 3Gigs of RAM. Doesn't matter how many cores, or how much RAM when you're running a program that only recognizes a small fraction of the power you have.

True, is running on a Windows box with meagre resources, Mojo won't use any more than those available at the turn of the century, when Ken Musgrave

http://www.kenmusgrave.com/

was active. Mojoworld is in any case more a philosophy than a software application, philosophies generally aren't upgradeable ;)

edited December 1969

Way past my bedtime. >_>

zunu-raptor.gif
    100 x 100 - 9K
    edited December 1969

ahhh coffee with rediwhip spritz on top

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Coffee sounds really good, unfortunately it's pouring rain and it's 3 blocks to the coffee shop! Even with my umbrella I'd be soaked. I think I need to buy a coffee maker!

We REALLY need the rain, though, so I'm willing to get damp when I go grocery shopping. Better a damp loach than a dry Austin!

Posers UI is really different so it's slow going. Trying to position spotlights and such is kind of a pain, I'm not sure if there's a "look through" like in DS4, I'm going to dive back into the manual whilst I sip diet Coke and nibble cheese!

You look through a light via its shadow cam , the shadow cam label and its light's label don't always match tho :) You can look thru the shadow cam and select its light and transform it using the dials on the parameter pane :)

thaz what poser mac looks like? you haz color circles on top left. :lol:

edited December 1969

Wow, I slept most of the day. Well, not daylight hours (since those last close to midnight), but what "normal" people regard as day.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

thaz what poser mac looks like? you haz color circles on top left. :lol:

Those are the resize and close icons that are on the right on Windows platforms. Pretty similar OS's really, not suprising since they bothe come out of PARC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PARC_(company)

This discussion has been closed.