Michael 6?

2»

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Aiko and Hiro are the number one reason I wish G2F and G2M had been released together and that there iconic base expansion characters also be released together as a match set. As for how it would affect sales I would rather buy a pro bundle that included both figures and a variety of textures than a gender specific bundle with a load of clothing I may not like.

• ServantServant Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

Leana said:
    I've no doubt that having the opposite gender figure immediately available will boost the sales of both Aiko6 and Hiro6
    Except that people would have to shell out money for 2 figures at the same time, which might be difficult for a lot of people. With separated releases at least the wallet can recover a bit between the two...

Didn't seem to hurt Sadie and Sam, Jasmin and Jason, or the Young Teens bundles any. Oh, wait, forgot. That was when there was only one figure that could handle both male and female morphs. :cheese:

• ServantServant Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

Exactly. That between getting people to actually commission (remember, PAs still get to choose what to support), a dual release is a very bad idea all the way around.

Like you said, PAs choose what they want to support, but then they can only choose to support something that's already there. I'm sure there are PAs who would choose to make male-centric morphs and items over female ones (although they may be in the minority) if there was a male figure. But there isn't one released yet. So in effect, there really is no choice except to work with what's there (at least with regard to current Generation 6). :roll:

• LyoneLyone Posts: 138
    edited August 2013

jestmart said:
    Aiko and Hiro are the number one reason I wish G2F and G2M had been released together and that there iconic base expansion characters also be released together as a match set. As for how it would affect sales I would rather buy a pro bundle that included both figures and a variety of textures than a gender specific bundle with a load of clothing I may not like.

I absolutely agree. In fact, we are able to choose which figure we want to put money on. Nobody can "FORCE" us to buy stuff for a figure we won't use. Personally, I rather buy G2F clothes/hair that I can use on male figures. If it wasn't an "ANDROGENOUS MORPH" in G2F, I would probably never have bought her. I used the "androgenous" morph to make male characters and I'm very happy with them. The expressions in G2F are very well done and very realistic, I think they are much better than the Genesis expressions. So I'm happy with my G2F. But for me, it's a disaster that there is no UV map for M4/M5 to apply textures on the androgenous morph of G2F :down:. The Product (G2F) had become SO MUCH VERSATILE if we could be able to choose textures from M4/M5/V4/V5/Genesis :lol:.

I didn't buy the Girl 6 and probably won't buy her even if there is 30 000 outfits for her, because I'm not interested. So I keep my money. And that's good in fact. I have to SPARE ;). DAZ would ruin me if there was a lot of male stuff. When the males come out, I'm ready to buy them and pretty almost anything stuff for them. So I really don't think anyone can FORCE us to buy :blank:. I won't buy Aiko 6/Stephanie 6 (unless she has a lot of interesting clothes and hair that I can use on males). I didn't buy Dawn and won't buy her, even it there is 100 000 outfits on Renderosity, because I'm not interested.

All I mentioned is of course subjective and anyone has his/her favorite. Don't misunderstand me. I don't say DAZ only should release male stuff :coolcheese: :coolgrin: someone is breaking his computer screen :coolgrin:. I'm saying that it would be great to have both the male and female version included in the same figure, like Genesis. I still think that Genesis is the BEST and MOST VERSATILE figure ever made. And if DAZ cannot release both male and female at the same time, why not release the male first next year :) ?....just to see if it sells?..... or is it a bad idea :sick:?

Post edited by Lyone on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I'm still curious as to Genesis 2 Male's ETA. Daz remain extremely tight-lipped regarding their plans for Genesis 2 and other than a very brief mention there would be a gender split, we've heard nothing. Pushing aside my incredibly burning desire to hear a 'Kids 6' announcement from Daz (even paying it lip service would help!), I would have at least expected them to announce what their plans were so the savvy customers can prepare their wallets in advance.

I get the feeling that there's a massive NDA blanketing any and all information regarding Genesis 2's future. Possibly to keep information out of competitor's hands, or possibly so that the surprise announcement of it's release will somehow garner more sales if it catches us off-guard. Sadly, very few Daz staff read the forums, so my protestations will likely fall on deaf ears along with my wish to see a proper Kids release.

In the mean time I've still got Michael 5 and Kids 4. I just wish there was more information to go on regarding future releases, compatibility issues (or not) and whether or not we'll see a return of any of the big name figures we're all used to, such as David 6. Funny how I can't name a single major 'named' morph for the Kids though. There are named morphs for sure, but there's never really been any to the scale of David, Stephanie, Victoria or Michael with fanfare-releases and lots of clothes and goodies released alongside them. I'd personally sell a kidney to see such a thing...

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I admit though, after seeing the versatility of g6 expressions, and detail in the figure, I'm hankering now for m6. =-)

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited August 2013

BorgyB said:

Exactly. That between getting people to actually commission (remember, PAs still get to choose what to support), a dual release is a very bad idea all the way around.

Like you said, PAs choose what they want to support, but then they can only choose to support something that's already there. I'm sure there are PAs who would choose to make male-centric morphs and items over female ones (although they may be in the minority) if there was a male figure. But there isn't one released yet. So in effect, there really is no choice except to work with what's there (at least with regard to current Generation 6). :roll:

The point is if you have a product to sell, you want FULL support, not having people to choose. Some PAs make items for both so separating them gives them time to support both. It makes economic sense as well; you don't want your PAs or customers to have to choose what they support if they go on sale at the same time. More people are more apt to buy them one at at time at a certain rate than both bundles at a higher rate... you'll put it out of reach of a chunk of customers. DAZ is in the business to sell you content, so the more they sell the better shape they are.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

BorgyB said:

The point is if you have a product to sell, you want FULL support, not having people to choose. Some PAs make items for both so separating them gives them time to support both. It makes economic sense as well; you don't want your PAs or customers to have to choose what they support if they go on sale at the same time. More people are more apt to buy them one at at time at a certain rate than both bundles at a higher rate... you'll put it out of reach of a chunk of customers. DAZ is in the business to sell you content, so the more they sell the better shape they are.
    And they can make a KILLING if they only patterned their genders better. I certainly never minded the character-of-the-month deal. Hell, everyone that's what I always get excited for! :)

But yeah, what gives with the female parade? Victoria has always been before Michael, granted. But Michael ALWAYS was the next in line behind her, not another female. If I was DAZ, I would have released G2M/M6 in July, and saved Gia for this month.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022
    edited December 1969

BorgyB said:
    Leana said:
    I've no doubt that having the opposite gender figure immediately available will boost the sales of both Aiko6 and Hiro6Except that people would have to shell out money for 2 figures at the same time, which might be difficult for a lot of people. With separated releases at least the wallet can recover a bit between the two...
    Didn't seem to hurt Sadie and Sam, Jasmin and Jason, or the Young Teens bundles any. Oh, wait, forgot. That was when there was only one figure that could handle both male and female morphs. :cheese:
    Jasmin and Jason were not released together, the bundle with both has been added after Jason's release. And yes, as you mentioned, those were shapes for the same figure and not two separate figures.
    Victoria has always been before Michael, granted. But Michael ALWAYS was the next in line behind her, not another female.Not always, Aiko 4 was released before Michael 4 for example (february 2008 for A4, october 2008 for M4).
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Leana said:
    Not always, Aiko 4 was released before Michael 4 for example (february 2008 for A4, october 2008 for M4).

Let us hope we don't have to wait 8 months from G2F's or any of her characters releases lol It was a long wait for M4 :-S

edited December 1969

I admit, I do think M6 or at least genesis male base should've come out before girl 6.

I hope M6 comes out in September or October. I know I will buy the pro bundle.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited August 2013

I admit, I do think M6 or at least genesis male base should've come out before girl 6.

Technically they can still release she-freak 6 prior to M6 :S
    Didn't they already? :-/
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
    edited December 1969

Exactly.
    edited August 2013

Exactly.

I think Gia was their new strong and fit built lady. For a long time, the name "she-freak" upset a fair few customers, the debate on her name was sparked all over the place. I think Daz studio not only wanted a newly imagined woman, but they also wanted to eliminate the name which caused a stir :)

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

I don't care for the freak name either. But they didn't seem to have objections to a male freak.

edited August 2013

I don't care for the freak name either. But they didn't seem to have objections to a male freak.

lol true that. I spoke to a friend of mine recently, she's an artist, but a traditional one. I told her of all the character lines in our 3D community and what area of age/build they fulfill. She is very fascinated, but expressed concern for the names Freak and She-freak respectively and she has no affiliation with 3d art at all.

I agree Freak is certainly a debatable name. But who knows, he might become the next "G" named character for generation 6 LOL

edited December 1969

ROFL :lol:

• brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

Herakleia said:
    Any news on him?
    They are still trying to find his toast.
    edited December 1969

Poor M6. He's going to run a way from home, especially if he doesn't get his own set of underwear and has to keep borrowing M4's. . =-) He-Gia makes me crack up.

I can only think the radio-free silence on M6, means we are going to get him sooner rather than later. I can only hope. =-)

edited August 2013

But yeah, i was being somewhat facetious with my previous comment. It's like we've run the gamut of literally every female character that can be released.

Who else is left? I mean the Girl 6 before Michael 6?

I never even *knew* there was a 1 through 5 :-S
    A few, actually: Stephanie, Aiko, Young Teens, and Kids.

DAZ Iconic Characters don't go by actual version, each follows the number of the generation itself. like most characters, Girl 's first installment was in Gen 3, then was upgraded to Gen 4, and was skipped in Gen 5 to return now in Gen 6. David had the same treatment, though he was the absent figure in Gen 4 and reappeared in Gen 5.

Spyro said:

lol true that. I spoke to a friend of mine recently, she's an artist, but a traditional one. I told her of all the character lines in our 3D community and what area of age/build they fulfill. She is very fascinated, but expressed concern for the names Freak and She-freak respectively and she has no affiliation with 3d art at all.

I agree Freak is certainly a debatable name. But who knows, he might become the next "G" named character for generation 6 LOL
    Actually, funny you say this, back when I was taking Poser one semester, I was talking about DAZ 3D to the class and explained to them all the characters. Everything was fine and interesting until I showed them Freak & She Freak. All interest was then discouraged when the only female in the group, who happened to be a feminist, expressed a great discontent with the strong-built female being labeled as a "freak". As much as I tried to explain the reasons why, it only seemed to have dug the ill feelings deeper for them.

"Oh no, it's not to call a strong woman a freak, it's that she the female counterpart of the main Freak's concept." "Oh, I see, so these developers are trying to send the message that it'a abnormal for women to be buff." "No, the developers are trying to market a couple of distinctly exaggerated characters for potentially non-human use. Freak & She Freak are supposed to be Sci-fi/Fantasy characters." "Well, that's not what I'm seeing being featured on that promo page. I'm not seeing a monster, I'm seeing a completely human female who happens to be very built with the name "freak" directly attached to it. So if I were these "award-winning" developers of yours, I'd tell them they're mis-marketing their figures."

This is probably why in Gen 5, all DAZ had to say was pretty much "We're not going to market She Freak ourselves anymore [because it's too risky], so if you still want her, make her yourself." Though, I don't think they're ever going to change Freak's name, seeing as how he's too Iconic for actually being one and being called so every generation. She Freak of the other hand, while traditionally Freak's counterpart, isn't actually an official Icon, no more than Reby Sky was (even though she got her own Gen 4 Iconic Shape for Genesis). She Freak was a stand-alone character only once for a brief time until she was recreated as a mere customized character for Victoria, since.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited December 1969

To me: she freak is clearly a spin off of Hulk. Can't use Hulk, because it is copyrighted so, use freak instead. I'd probably use Amazon or Bodybuilder.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Instead of the 'Freak' maybe next time around it's going to be He-Gia. :)
    I'm rooting for "George"! :-P

I'm glad to get away from the Freak/SheFreak nomenclature too, but IMHO Gia's lacks the versatility needed to fill the slot -- only one monolithic bodyshape, no ability to work with individual muscle groups . . . Gia could've been what got me on board with G2F, but she just left me flat.

edited August 2013

I'm hoping the Muscularity morphs will appear for G2M and G2F when finally G2M rocks up. I'm surprised Muscularity morphs pack for G2F weren't out at release.

I know I certainly use Evolution Muscle morphs all the time with every character I make in Genesis(1).

• adaceyadacey Posts: 186
    edited December 1969

The only thing I happened to notice was in the post announcing Carrara 8.5 I noticed that they mentioned full support for weight-mapped figures and then listed Genesis, G2F and G2M. Not sure if that was a slip, a hint that it's coming soon or just a "hey you know it's coming eventually and yes, 8.5 will support him".

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Other than a "young teen" for G2, there isn't much left to exploit in female G2. Time for male G2?.

edited September 2013

Other than a "young teen" for G2, there isn't much left to exploit in female G2. Time for male G2?.

There is, like I said previously. G2F still needs a realistic petite shape (Stephanie), an anime genre shape (Aiko), clothing and skins for youths (Young Teens and Kids) and LOADS of ethnicity and creature support, all of which the original Genesis currently still has over her.
    Post edited by RCDeschene on