Problems with Z4R5 GoZ,DSPro4 ,Antivirus.

RorrKonnRorrKonn Posts: 509
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Windows Vista Home.
Service pack 2
4 GB RAM
Intel Quad Q9550 @ 2.83 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce9500 GT

-------------------------------------------------

zBrush 4R5.
DAZ Studio 4.5.0.114 Pro 64 Bit.
Avast Antivirus free version

I updated zBrush from 4R4 to 4R5.

Tryed to use Goz from DAZ Studio 4. Pro to zBrush 4R5.
Avast Antivirus pop up I hit continue execution.
Didn't work.

Now if I try to use Goz from DAZ Studio 4. Pro to zBrush 4R5.

I get a Windows pop up that reads.
ZBrush Executable has stopped working.
zBrush 4R5 closes.

Help ,Thanks

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

with the new update of Zbrush 4R4 P2 I had to change the link in the GOZ proportions
    as the old link did not worked .

look the screen of the new link and the adress, it may help as it help my other friend with issues ..

Daz need update GOZ again to match the standard as GOZ 4.5 1.6 will not work the way it did before Zbrush will open new DS each time you send files back to DS until the path is changed to executive files in place of DS

Cath

RorrKonn said:

Windows Vista Home.
    Service pack 2
    4 GB RAM
    Intel Quad Q9550 @ 2.83 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce9500 GT

zBrush 4R5.
    DAZ Studio 4.5.0.114 Pro 64 Bit.
    Avast Antivirus free version

I updated zBrush from 4R4 to 4R5.

Tryed to use Goz from DAZ Studio 4. Pro to zBrush 4R5.
    Avast Antivirus pop up I hit continue execution.
    Didn't work.

Now if I try to use Goz from DAZ Studio 4. Pro to zBrush 4R5.

I get a Windows pop up that reads.
    ZBrush Executable has stopped working.
    zBrush 4R5 closes.

Help ,Thanks

zbrush-hange-path.jpg
    1256 x 326 - 57K
  • linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited December 2012

Mec4D said:

Daz need update GOZ again to match the standard as GOZ 4.5 1.6 will not work the way it did before Zbrush will open new DS each time you send files back to DS until the path is changed to executive files in place of DS

Cath

It really seems to be that now with GOZ 4R5 from the zbrush side things do not work because zbrush seems to be looking for a script in

C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\Scripts

unfortunately the Script the DS and the old Zbrush 4R4 seemed to use to communicate are located in

C:\Users\Public\Pixologic4R4\GoZBrush\Scripts

Also just copy and pasting the script into the location that it is looked for does not seem to work because the whole GOZ system seems to have been updated with 4R5.

- - -

The good news seems to be that Pixologic finally realized that it is not a smart idea to place GOZ scripts in a folder that is named after a specific version (4R4). So everytime the version gets updated the folder where the scripts are located seems to be changed.

The important question is:

Is someone at DAZ allready aware of the issue? Needs a bug report to be filled?

The timing of all this is very bad right before the holidays were problably all staff is off to vacation.

In a perfect world all companies that work together would talk with each other before major updates and make sure both companies have fixes and updates ready on release day. But I guess there is no chance I will find an updated GOZ by resetting now? Or will I? I checked and I didn´t find them.

Post edited by linvanchene on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Go ahead and file a bug report...

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Go ahead and file a bug report...

Ok.

Made a bug report here:

https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=48670

Please add your voice to the bug report.

The more people that add notes the higher the chance the report will be read soon rather than later.

edited December 1969

I don't have anything located under C:\Users\Public\Pixologic4R4\GoZBrush\Scripts

mine is under C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZBrush\Scripts without any version
    the problem show up after installed win8 on my machine and others I know , when you send files to Zbrush there is no problem but when sending back Zbrush open new DS and new scene each time you send anything back , that why the new path I added fixed it so I can finish working on my stuff , and after I installed new updates for Zbrush4r5 I added the new path again and use it for proper bridge connection .

I even re installed GOZ but it worked for 1 days and the problem started again
    so that is good to add it to the bug so they can investigate the problem and fix it

edited December 2012

Mec4D said:
    I don't have anything located under C:\Users\Public\Pixologic4R4\GoZBrush\Scripts

mine is under C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZBrush\Scripts without any version
    the problem show up after installed win8 on my machine and others I know , when you send files to Zbrush there is no problem but when sending back Zbrush open new DS and new scene each time you send anything back , that why the new path I added fixed it so I can finish working on my stuff , and after I installed new updates for Zbrush4r5 I added the new path again and use it for proper bridge connection .

I even re installed GOZ but it worked for 1 days and the problem started again
    so that is good to add it to the bug so they can investigate the problem and fix it

Mec,
    Thank you a lot for your quick feedback.

It seems that on almost each machine depending on how zbrush was updated or installed some different issues arise.

The good news is with your input I was able to fix mine:

I was able to send back and forth Genesis from DS 4.5.1.6 win 7 64 bit to Zbrush 4R5.
    I was also able to send a fiber mesh created in Zbrush 4R5 back to DS4.5.1.6 without triggering any errors or opening a 2nd version of DS.

I installed Zbrush 4R5 by using the internal system to autoupdate. Like that it seems that all files are copied over from the 4R4 to the 4R5 installations. For reasons I cannot track back files were not placed in C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZBrush\Scripts

Step by step what I did to fix it:

1 deactivate Zbrush 4R5 version (may not be necessary)
    2 completly uninstall Zbrush 4R5
    3 manually deleted all files remaining in C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic (make sure to make a backup of those you need)
    4 manually deleted all files remaining in C:\Users\Public\Pixologic

4.5 I also run Registy cleaner at this point. I noticed some old zbrush entries to be deleted that way.
    But this step may not have to do anything with solving the issue.

5 Check the e-mail you received from Pixologic how to download the full 4R5 client
    6 Download and install the 4R5 client
    7 Open Zbrush 4R5 and use the web activation and then close zbrush
    8 Run your DS4 GoZ installer (mine was DS4_GoZ_1.2.1.6_Win64.exe) and confirm the uninstallation of the old version and the reinstallation
    9 Open Zbrush 4R5 and try sending an object by clicking on the GoZ button. Zbrush will then check all paths for installed programs.
    It should also find DS4 now. You can now close Zbrush

The next time you try to send something over from DS4.5 to zbrush it hopefully will work as it did for me.

My guess just is that depending on the way Zbrush was updated the wrong files or duplicates of files from the old version were placed in the C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZBrush folders. Maybe by removing all old files manuallyand then reinstalling this solved those conflicts. Hopefully this works the same on your windows 8 system.

Post edited by linvanchene on
    edited December 1969

I had always the file there as I have both 4R4 P2 and 4R5 installed separate and they share the same public folder C:\Users\Public\Pixologic4R4\GoZBrush\Scripts , GOZ just give up the other day I re installed but still did not help that why I figured out the new path and changed the configuration . txt
    it working for me now without any issues so I keep it this way .
    To testing you need export something to Zbrush, edit it in zbrush and send back if not new DS open then you are good . The issue here was that Zbrush did not recognized the already open DS at some reason and ignored it.

And I did exactly as linvanchene , but it give up after couple of days and stopped working and it was not just me but a lot of people around noticed the issue ( a 2 days before the update to 4R5 )

but hey I am glad you fixed it! so the case is closed

Cath

• umblefuglyumblefugly Posts: 52
    edited December 1969

MEC4D= Lifesaver

WIN 8 is a pest for sure.;-)

edited December 1969

I have the same issue after update of Zbrush 4R6 , I found out that some information are left in the registry , I choice update in place of fresh installation as usual , as I have older versions of Zbrush still installed due to my older projects .

I did exactly the same as mentioned before and Zbrush do not start anymore new DS each time you send back your model, and this is nothing to do with Win8 at all .. , but by next update of Zbrush you need to place the path again .and that is not a bug guys !

@Ublefugly I am glad it worked for you :)

• umblefuglyumblefugly Posts: 52
    edited December 1969

Im not too sure about it not being a win 8 issue, our other 3 Windows 7 PCs never have this problem. Anyhow, thanks again Cath :)

edited December 1969

The technicians at Zbrush said it will happen if you not remove your old version of Zbrush before installing new one , that why clean installations don't have any issues , I see the problems after they changed the way of installing updates , but still most important that the fix working , I had Zbrush4R6 installed before DS 4.6 after updating DS to the last version the GOZ was working for one day and then no more , I had to switch the path , before that I did update Zbrush and the same thing .. so they really don;t go together so well , I still use GoZ just for testing purpose and never for final work as there is some data lost when use other models than genesis