Post edited by cridgit on
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    ISN'T THERE A SINGLE BLOODY THING THAT WORKS PROPERLY AROUND HERE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No.

But that's Mangeto.
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Wow, thank you for the 2nd placing - especially since I did not get around to responding to your question about adding it as an entry! I try and keep up with threads that interest me but managed to miss this - I wonder what you'll guess I'd lay the blame on ...? ;)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    So I've managed to get into the store and it turns out to buy a Gift Card you need to provide the recipient's full name and email address. Why not simply give me a GC code I can PM to them like the old store? ISN'T THERE A SINGLE BLOODY THING THAT WORKS PROPERLY AROUND HERE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm surprised I don't need to provide their DOB, SSN, bank account details and password as well.

Sheesh.

Actually, since it's just a code I think you can still do it the old way - the email is just a way to send the code directly. But let's try it - buy the GC yourself, PM me the code, and I'll claim it; if it doesn't work for me you can claim the code yourself and I just lose out (I'm probably going to regret this, aren't I?).

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

To answer the question, yes it is possible to send a Gift Card code to another person so that they can claim the credit as it was with the old site, so we have a choice - send the GC to yourself and pass it on or use the store system to send it directly to the recipient.