Should I praise or fear DAZ?

TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Today I was really itching to buy the Gia 6 Pro Bundle, but I kept looking at the price and thinking that it was $61.00 (instead of the $87.00 it was currently priced) before and surely would be again eventually, and I had a limited amount of money to spend. So I kept putting it my cart and then changing my mind and taking it out. On the last time I put it in my cart, the price miraculously changed to SIXTY-ONE DOLLARS!!!!! So I quickly bought it before they changed their minds.

Now I'm not sure whether I should praise DAZ for the generous and timely sales, or fear them for using their evil mind reading machines on my brain.

**dons tinfoil hat and cowers under desk**

Comments

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Fear them! For sure Fear! LOL

But congrats on your score :)

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited August 2013

Today I was really itching to buy the Gia 6 Pro Bundle, but I kept looking at the price and thinking that it was $61.00 (instead of the $87.00 it was currently priced) before and surely would be again eventually, and I had a limited amount of money to spend. So I kept putting it my cart and then changing my mind and taking it out. On the last time I put it in my cart, the price miraculously changed to SIXTY-ONE DOLLARS!!!!! So I quickly bought it before they changed their minds.

Now I'm not sure whether I should praise DAZ for the generous and timely sales, or fear them for using their evil mind reading machines on my brain.

I tried tinfoil, doesn't work. They can see your brain in Wireframe mode:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

That's ok, it's only a parented prop. *delete*

:gulp:

edited August 2013

My brain feels like a parented prop that I forgot to parent to my head:) I also forgot to scale it so its the size of a peanut lol.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

I've had PLENTY of those days myself. I feel ya.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

...that's why I still use Nerd3D's Fog Tool Deluxe and set it to Random X. All those transmap planes makes it easy to hide. ;-)

edited December 1969

AhA!! That sounds like a possible solution lol..Gonna stack fog planes and hide:)

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

I believe the great Michael Scott said "Would I rather be loved or feared? Both, I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Third option, slap them upside the head with a 2x4, you see they didn't read your brain. The store is still slightly borked in that not all applicable discounts are calculated until you go all the ways through the checkout process.

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

jestmart said:
    Third option, slap them upside the head with a 2x4, you see they didn't read your brain. The store is still slightly borked in that not all applicable discounts are calculated until you go all the ways through the checkout process.
    imgres.jpg
    315 x 160 - 10K
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited August 2013

Don't worry Jared, we still love you (and Daz)... just as much as we fear you (and Daz).. now give me that drink ;P

Post edited by Carola O on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

I would like to make it clear I meant that metaphorically, I do not condone smacking people with 2x4s (plastic baseball bats maybe).

edited August 2013

...I tend to use fish. Common Groupers and Sockeye Salmon work the best.

However, in a pinch a good sized Trout or Largemouth Bass will do

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

Give a man a fish, he'll slap you in the face. Teach a man to fish, he'll still slap you in the face.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Give a man a fish, he'll slap you in the face. Teach a man to fish, he'll still slap you in the face.
    I personally prefer the INFLATABLE Trout. They give off that loverily PING sound when you whack the victim with it. But really just about any inflatable fish will do in a pinch.
    Trout-4.jpg
    225 x 225 - 5K
    Trout-3.jpg
    270 x 249 - 35K
    Trout-2.jpg
    270 x 249 - 16K
    Trout.jpg
    225 x 201 - 15K
    edited December 1969

...just stay away from puffer fish, a number or species are poisonous and some have nasty spines.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Hay! Dolphins are not fish! lol ... so if we're including mammals, hehehe .... I found some bigger ones!

Puffer fish are a delicacy ... about 3 years to train as a chef for said recipes, test apparently includes eating one's own cooking!

One of those macho things some like to do ... see if they will survive another meal!

One restaurant I read about years ago, promised free burials to anybody who didn't. And they put a little bell in the coffin too. Just in case the person wakes up a few days later, he/she can ring for help to get out of the grave.

Some witchdoctors take advantage of their knowledge of said fish to convince people that they are zombies. Little risky 'cause they have to somehow manage to get to the fresh grave without being seen by family, etc and retrieve the body before the person really does die.

Fear or Praise DAZ. Neither.

btw - is there some particular reason why certain products have been having their black colours coded as: 6,6,6?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

btw - is there some particular reason why certain products have been having their black colours coded as: 6,6,6?

The devil made them do it.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,731
    edited December 1969

I think I'll praise them...

daznopay.jpg
    276 x 638 - 35K
    edited December 1969

...OK, how did you do that?

edited August 2013

Kyoto Kid said:

Not sure what causes it, I've seen it a couple of times before. AFAIR this is what I did: I had the cart open in the browser overnight, when I got back I clicked "My Cart" to see if the prices had changed in the meantime. The dropdown still showed the items, but apparently I had been logged out as I got a "You have no items in your cart" message when the page reloaded. I then logged in again and opened the cart again, and saw this.

The prices gets back to normal when you check out however.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Not sure what causes it, I've seen it a couple of times before. AFAIR this is what I did: I had the cart open in the browser overnight, when I got back I clicked "My Cart" to see if the prices had changed in the meantime. The dropdown still showed the items, but apparently I had been logged out as I got a "You have no items in your cart" message when the page reloaded. I then logged in again and opened the cart again, and saw this.

I've seen that glitch before. And yes they do. :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Taozen said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

I've seen that glitch before. And yes they do. :)

Same here, once ... at that final page to place order, price was again correct.

edited December 1969

The devil made them do it.

Figures. Read somewhere though that said numbers are actually upside-down ... was supposed to be: 9,9,9.

Think they'll make updates for that?! [jk]

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Finally. We've been getting sporadic reports of this behavior (and people on the forums mentioning this) but haven't been able to duplicate it. This sounds fairly likely as a way to duplicate it, more so than the normal "Its broken so fix it" so we can actually track this down and find / squash the bug. Thanks Taozen for the description, hopefully it bears fruit.

edited December 1969

DAZ_Jon said:

Finally. We've been getting sporadic reports of this behavior (and people on the forums mentioning this) but haven't been able to duplicate it. This sounds fairly likely as a way to duplicate it, more so than the normal "Its broken so fix it" so we can actually track this down and find / squash the bug. Thanks Taozen for the description, hopefully it bears fruit.

You're welcome - hope it helps fixing it. I also had the PERK-6 coupon applied btw, in case that means anything.

edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    DAZ_Jon said:

You're welcome - hope it helps fixing it. I also had the PERK-6 coupon applied btw, in case that means anything.

Mine was not open/in the cart all night ... but I do remember I was also trying to use a coupon on the order.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,509
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:

Give a man a fish, and he'll wont be hungry for a day, teach him how to fish and he might learn it. Show him the internet and he will never bother you again.