Copying light settings

SiscaSisca Posts: 875
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm working on setting up lights in a scene and I currently have 24 spot lights. I know there should be a way to copy the settings from 1 of those lights to the others but I haven't been able to figure it out.

I first select the light and the select the Light section of the Parameters tab and then right click on say Color and choose Copy Selected Item. Next I go to a different light, the Parameters tab and right click on Color and choose Paste to Selected items. It pastes the color but it also pastes the translation data so the light ends up in the same position as the original light.

What I want to be able to do is to copy just the lighting and shadow settings from one light to another. Surely this is possible.

Comments

• VanguardVanguard Posts: 481
    edited August 2013

Select the light you want to copy
    Go to parameters
    Select the "Light" group
    Right Click and select "Copy Selected Item(s)
    Select the light you want to copy the light settings to
    Go to parameters
    Select the "Light" group
    Right Click and select "Paste to Selected Item(s)

Sorry
    Just tried it again and got the pose copied as well. Looks like a bug to me.

Post edited by Vanguard on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

just select all the lights at once and change the colour and shadow settings in the Parameter tab.

• VanguardVanguard Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    just select all the lights at once and change the colour and shadow settings in the Parameter tab.

That would do it.

Another possible work around would be to use a THIRD light to hold a copy of the pose you want to keep, for example the second. Then after making a copy of the first light to the second light only copy the pose of the third light back to the second light.

Talk about a juggling act :p

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I knew there had to be a simple way to do this.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited August 2013

Sisca said:
    Mattymanx said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I knew there had to be a simple way to do this.

You're Welcome! :)

You can do that with a lot of things in DS, even on the surface tab.

Post edited by Mattymanx on