request custom morphs made for genesis?

Noved1Noved1 Posts: 160
edited August 2013 in The Commons

hello, i have been told that if i want a commission for items or content, then i should contact the creators themselves and such, but what if i wanted custom morphs created to my liking? are there common price ranges or places for that? i have tried morphing things myself in blender and such, but i always seem to mess something up. besides, look at all those amazing creature and people morphs for gen. on the shop, much better than anything i could do. and the morphs i am looking for are not something i have found on the web. any help would be appreciated! ----thank you.

Post edited by Noved1 on

Comments

• IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,474
    edited August 2013

It depends on what you're wanting done, and whether or not it would be something you would only want to own yourself. If its that type of scenario, the price goes higher. If its something a vendor can otherwise sell, it lessens the price. Also, how involved the morph is (whether it needs also textures, etc) will be determining factors on the price.

Post edited by IgnisSerpentus on
  • remcovanembdenremcovanembden Posts: 106
    edited December 1969

Hello,

it depends what you want, if you tell us what you are interested in, we can help you better. I would like to do things( i have a portofolio to see) but i need to know what you want, so i know if im capable of doing what you ask.

• Noved1Noved1 Posts: 160
    edited August 2013

well MrZuma3D, and others: this may sound childish, but what i have been trying to do is pay someone, or find a way to turn genesis into something based of some of my favorite characters from various media. the kind that cannot be made with simple face morphs, and that is quite unique. for example, i spent 2 days trying to perfect a male and female version off a morph based of a civilization from a video game, i failed miserably. i also tried using already made morphs on the shop, but just cannot find the right combination although the textures already exist. plenty of proper skin types on the shop and online for them, just not the body shape.... this a picture and also a link to its profile. right here----> https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/races/charr/ obviously, it would be based of the race. not an exact replica, although this type of creature is not really copyright reserved..all stories seem to have some version of them. (i want it for genesis because i can use all of the auto-fitting clothing genesis has, and all of its amazing features. (generation 1 mostly, but 2 is fine as well.)

charr-01.jpg
    800 x 600 - 80K
    charr-02.jpg
    960 x 540 - 75K
    Post edited by Noved1 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,203
    edited December 1969

The problem is that the things you want are already someone else's copyright material - that means no one can sell their likenesses, either as store products or as commissioned items (which would be hideously expensive). All you can do is make a post to the Freebie Request thread and hope that soemone else shares your enthusiasm for the original and is willing to make a non-commercial freebie (though even that depends on the acquiescence of the rights holder).

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

A plain 'werecat' morph probably wouldn't be a copyright violation, its the horns and other details that would be pushing it, of course the horns wouldn't be part of a morph anyways.

• Noved1Noved1 Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

yes! there you go! i need to find or make a Werecat! that would be the closest thing possible, and there are already plenty of horns and addons i could get from the shop here, and offline to finish the setup. and besides, there are ...eh..quite a few creatures on the daz shop that are creepily close to things in media...here are a few examples of things on the shop, that are quite obviously based of well known characters. so its more than possible. and quite a fun idea...by the way, jestmart how much would hideously expensive be?

http://www.daz3d.com/creatures/the-savage-freak5 <-----hmm....these guys look familiar!</p>

http://www.daz3d.com/creatures/the-slim-man

http://www.daz3d.com/creatures/creatures-orc-horde

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

I don't have the skills to make anything like that, I was just commenting on the general copyright issue.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Genesis has the Creature head and body morphs but you might want to take a look at the Creature Creator bundle for V4 and M4. It has the creature creator morphs as well as the add ons for the legs and such.

RawArt has some excellent textures and morphs for V4 and M4. The Catworld morphs have the Wyld legs expansion pack. With both the Creature Creator morphs and add ons as well as RawArt's morphs and textures, you should be able to put together something close enough to what you want without getting into copyright issues.