Downloaded Victoria 4 but won't load ?

MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi Finally discovered that Victoria 4 is the same base model that Magix101 used for his hair product originally, but it won't upload to the work area ? I just keep getting the message below which I can't follow....

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2012
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Hi weather's a bit better today :-)

The top one, the 4-2 base as the face is definitely the closest to Magix101's hair models. I'd tried emailng him but no reply, then later discovered he'd used Victoria 4 base so I thought I'd have a go at creating the closest possible likeness myself.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi Marcuse :)

Your screen shot shows that you're in the "Poses" area of the library.
    You need to have the Victoria 4 "Figure" loaded in the scene before you can apply a pose to it.

If the V4 model was the one used, then you may also need some of the additional "Morph" packs, such as (Morphs++ for V4) to change the shape of the facial features.
    the basic V4 comes with some basic face morphs for speech and expressions.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It looks like you installed the Powerloader to a DAZ Studio Format content folder -- it needs to be installed into the Poser format (Runtime) folder with the Poser version of V4. To load it, go to "Poser Formats > My Library > Figures > DAZ People" and double-click on Victoria 4.2

edited December 1969

It looks like you installed the Powerloader to a DAZ Studio Format content folder -- it needs to be installed into the Poser format (Runtime) folder with the Poser version of V4. To load it, go to "Poser Formats > My Library > Figures > DAZ People" and double-click on Victoria 4.2

Bit lost....:ohh:

Daz_-_Copy_of_error_page_2.JPG
    845 x 637 - 45K
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    Hi Marcuse :)

Your screen shot shows that you're in the "Poses" area of the library.
    You need to have the Victoria 4 "Figure" loaded in the scene before you can apply a pose to it.

If the V4 model was the one used, then you may also need some of the additional "Morph" packs, such as (Morphs++ for V4) to change the shape of the facial features.
    the basic V4 comes with some basic face morphs for speech and expressions.

Thanks for the tip ! Still can't remember where everything is and what comes first :-)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Marcuse said:

Bit lost....:ohh:

Your screenshot shows it was installed in the right place. To load it, go to Content Library tab and look in "Poser Formats > My Library > Figures > DAZ People". It will show the .cr2 with a scroll symbol in the upper left to indicate that it has a DAZ script which will run when you load it.

edited June 2012

Your screenshot shows it was installed in the right place. To load it, go to Content Library tab and look in "Poser Formats > My Library > Figures > DAZ People". It will show the .cr2 with a scroll symbol in the upper left to indicate that it has a DAZ script which will run when you load it.

Got there in the end thanks. Having more or less understood how to change facial expressions ok the main problem now, having never done it before, is how to achieve the closest facial resemblance to Magix101's model from what I think (?) are 3 separate models' faces of Victoria 4. without having to do everything all over again. The first pic is Magix's101 the one I'd originally hoped I could use or buy; the second labelled Victoria 4 is what I think is the easiest and closest to the first, and finally the third is what's appearing in the scene but bears little facial resemblance at all.

Edit: What I meant sorry - did the face in number 2 start out as number 3 ?

All thoughts much appreciated :-)

Nearest_available_Models_face.JPG
    255 x 325 - 9K
    Closest_match_to_Orig._models_face_Vic_._4_.2_base_.JPG
    467 x 697 - 45K
    Original_Models_face.JPG
    205 x 186 - 5K
    Post edited by Marcuse on
  • niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi Marcuse...

Yes the character in the second image is the base Victoria 4. She just looks different because of the Hair, Skin Texture and the Lighting, but she is the same as the figure in the third image.

You will need to use the Morphs++ for Victoria 4 in order to change the looks of the base Victoria 4. The base figure only comes with expression morphs and male morphs.

Hope this was helpful... :)

edited December 1969

niccipb said:
    Hi Marcuse...

Yes the character in the second image is the base Victoria 4. She just looks different because of the Hair, Skin Texture and the Lighting, but she is the same as the figure in the third image.

You will need to use the Morphs++ for Victoria 4 in order to change the looks of the base Victoria 4. The base figure only comes with expression morphs and male morphs.

Hope this was helpful... :)

Very helpful indeed thank you !! I'd decided to go ahead anyway but at the back of my mind I was really hoping it wouldn't all be wasted. Just hope I can manage to reproduce the lady in the first picture as she's absolutely stunning ! :)