Saving Prop Hair fits

StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

How do I save a prop hair fit. So I have a prop hair (PP2) which I fitted to a character it isn't made for.
If I want to save this fit in DS 4.6 what do I save it as?
Thanks for any help,
Strixowl :-)

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Select the hair, then from the menu choose
    File > "Save As" > "Pose Preset"

• StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
    edited December 1969

Select the hair, then from the menu choose
    File > "Save As" > "Pose Preset"

Thanks Sean. Sorry to say the saved Pose Preset does nothing. The hair prop enters the scene exactly
    the same position/slider setting as it did before I made the fit. If I apply preset to hair it does nothing.
    Thanks Again,
    Strixowl

edited August 2013

Hmmm, I wonder why it worked in my test but isn't working for you. Which hair and which figure? If I have them I can try those to see if I get different results.
    You had the hair selected, not the figure, when you applied the saved preset, right? EDITED TO ADD and also when you saved the preset?

Post edited by sriesch on
    edited December 1969

Hmmm, I wonder why it worked in my test but isn't working for you. Which hair and which figure? If I have them I can try those to see if I get different results.
    You had the hair selected, not the figure, when you applied the saved preset, right? EDITED TO ADD and also when you saved the preset?

Alpha Scalp for Genesis (Prop (PP2)). I fit it to Dawn figure and am trying to save the fit in DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 :P

edited December 1969

Strixowl said:

Alpha Scalp for Genesis (Prop (PP2)). I fit it to Dawn figure and am trying to save the fit in DAZ Studio Pro 4.6 :P

Yes hair selected in both instances.

edited December 1969

I don't have those items unfortunately.
    When you save the pose preset, do you accept all the defaulted checkboxes everywhere?

edited December 1969

I don't have those items unfortunately.
    When you save the pose preset, do you accept all the defaulted checkboxes everywhere?

Yes I do :)