Not downloading?

I had downloaded it before but when I tried running it without the manager it said the data was corrupt and improperly downloaded.
So I downloaded the manager.

I installed the DIM, and I'm installing system-compatible programs. To be specific I'm trying to install the free Daz Studio 4.6 and some starter essentials on a 32-bit system.

But it wouldn't download so I looked around for reasons for that, and I tried clearing cache and deleting cookies and whatnot.

But still, whenever I start the download it eventually fails. I've cleared cookies and cache twice now. it just doesn't seem to work for some reason!

THe one thing that downloaded was the photoshop bridge, but it says something about how it "requires that the installed path" to "be defined". I tried adding the path to the basic C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D but it's still error-ing?

Connection strength and speed: 21ms, DL 0.82Mbps. I'm pretty sure that's not that terrible.

What am I doing wrong?

Post edited by mrs.sohma_01_5571576019 on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited August 2013

Your timing out, those are bad transfer speeds for files of the Size your after. The speed is not the issue but any slow down at those speeds will kill the transfers. At 3.1Mbps DS is a huge file. You need a VERY steady connection is my guess.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • edited December 1969

I guess that makes sense...when I retry it progresses a bit, though it has to load the progress for a little while...

but I still dont get what's up with installing. Like if something is wrong with the path I specified or what

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

THe one thing that downloaded was the photoshop bridge, but it says something about how it “requires that the installed path” to “be defined”. I tried adding the path to the basic C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D but it’s still error-ing?

You define the path to your copy of Photoshop inside the DIM, by clicking on the little gear icon at the top right of the interface, and going to the Applications tab. I believe that it requires CS4 or higher to work at all, and it is not necessary for the installation of the DAZ Studio application, it is an optional plugin.