The My Couch Doesn’t Have The Guts To Talk To Me Or Any Blueberries Complaint Thread.

Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,687
edited September 2013 in The Commons

the Other Thread was here

What the blueberry is going on here?

I have no idea. I was driving home from the library. I better put these blue berries away or I will eat them all up right now.

Post edited by frank0314 on

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited August 2013

...yay, Kulay wins!

The Blueberries Are Calling To Me Complaint Thread.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

So close KK >_<.</p>

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Note to self: experimenting with strange Chinese restaurants while running errands is a good way to end up losing sleep and staying home all day - but in the exact opposite of an enjoyable time.

:sick: :sick: :sick:

Not hot sauce festival for ME this weekend. :sick:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,687
    edited December 1969

Note to self: experimenting with strange Chinese restaurants while running errands is a good way to end up losing sleep and staying home all day - but in the exact opposite of an enjoyable time.

So guess you went to the wrong Chinese restaurant

edited December 1969

So guess you went to the wrong Chinese restaurant

Oh, yeah. :sick: :sick: :sick:

Back to bed...

edited December 1969

...that's why I do all my Chinese cooking at home.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

New Rule for the Complaint Thread :- Consecutive posts on the last couple of pages get Consolidated

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

20 minutes to go home time. yayy.
    then 20 - 40 minutes wait at the bus stop.
    then 60 - 70 minute bus ride
    then 30-40 minute walk home.
    no candy waiting for me at home.

din-dins:
    fresh spagett and fresh tomato and fresh mozz, canned olives, spritz of olive oil

dindin needs fresch canoli for dessert. or tiramisu.

• Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471
    edited December 1969

It's obvious that some of you know how to cook, and I don't.

But that's OK. And do you know why?

Because I have just acquired an entire chocolate cake.

So, neener.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,687
    edited December 1969

I do not like the texture of tomatoes but I like the flavor of tomatoes. I can use ketchup and eat tomato soup and have pasta, but I do not like to eat tomato slices.

edited December 1969

there's many variety of tomato. I like the plum ones, i chop 'em to lil bite sizes and wash off the seeds stuff.

i wash the black olive slice from the can, they taste a bit fresher without the preserving juice.

don't know what to do for dessert. hmmmmmm

edited December 1969

din-dins:
    fresh spagett and fresh tomato and fresh mozz, canned olives, spritz of olive oil

...you must have some lousy bus service there to wait up to 40 min. and then have to walk over a half hour from the nearest bus stop to home (no wonder you often mention about taking a cab). I would think that Long Island had better service being so close to NYC. Can't you use the MTA?
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited August 2013

Complaint:
    This will be part of the chapter in my autobiography called "The Waiting Is The Hardest Part".
    A. I went to the Dr. and waited for an hour. I have an infected toe (not good for a diabetic) and am now wearing a surgical shoe (kinda like a duck foot with velcro straps...quack!).
    B. I went to the DMV and waited for 2 more hours to renew my driver's license and voter registration.

Question:
    Why is it so that even though I only had to sit for 3 hours, while doing nothing, that it wasn't at all restful? :smirk:

P.S. - I'm finding it impossible to download squat from the new products I bought here. >:-(

Post edited by TJohn on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,354
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Complaint:
    This will be part of the chapter in my autobiography called "The Waiting Is The Hardest Part".
    A. I went to the Dr. and waited for an hour. I have an infected toe (not good for a diabetic) and am now wearing a surgical shoe (kinda like a duck foot with velcro straps...quack!).
    B. I went to the DMV and waited for 2 more hours to renew my driver's license and voter registration.

Question:
    Why is it so that even though I only had to sit for 3 hours, while doing nothing, that it wasn't at all restful? :smirk:

P.S. - I'm finding it impossible to download squat from the new products I bought here. >:-(

Yes the infected toe is no good at all. My step mother has lost all her toes on one foot and the big and pinky toe on the other foot.

edited December 1969

OK, apparently the problem is that the DIM won't currently download. Luckily I can download the zip files to the same place that DIM stores the zip files. Then when I run the DIM it finds the new zip files and installs them. A PITA but I'm assuming it's just temporary.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...that's why I do all my Chinese cooking at home.

There's a Chinese grocery store on the way home - I think I'm going to load up on spices and start doing that myself. This is the second time some decent-looking Chinese place has caused me issues. :down:

I'm going to lose enough hours that I might have to put off my vacation trip a week, ugh. :down:

I'm sticking with burgers and BBQ when I go out from now on, I give up on unusual cuisines in Austin. :blank:

edited December 1969

...yeah, even where I live, one would expect it to be great, yet you still have to be careful. Been to a few places myself I regretted afterwards.

Actually I find the Thai, Korean, and Vietnamese restaurants here to be much better as a whole.

The one thing I still have difficulty with when cooking at home is getting that certain characteristic taste good Chinese cuisine seems to have. Must be some kind of secret spice or infused oil they use.

edited August 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...The one thing I still have difficulty with when cooking at home is getting that certain characteristic taste good Chinese cuisine seems to have. Must be some kind of secret spice or infused oil they use.

*psst* Lee Kum Kee soya sauce - but no more than a tablespoon for 200g meat, a tablespoon of a nice red wine for beef/pork or 'Chinese Rice Wine' same quantity for chicken, dash of white pepper, if you're not adding any other strong flavours to the dish then a small pinch of Chinese Five Spice (it's a brown powder that smells vaguely of cinnamon), corn starch to seal, and a teaspoon or so of sesame oil to avoid sticking - a hot wok, a few ears of garlic just before putting the meat in, cook fast and very hot (in the case of beef, no more than 30s to sear both sides - which is why it has to be fairly finely sliced)... works for me ;-).

When you start getting fancy, you'll be looking for 'wok hei'. Normally imparted to green vegetables when frying, it's a tricky combination to achieve (I certainly can't do it 'on demand', but when you do hit it, you'll know ;-) )... it depends on the humidity of the day, heat of the wok, heat of the oil, size/quality of the vegetables, when you add the salt, and how soon you sit down to eat afterward. Most (overseas "Choinese"+) restaurants don't hit this mark, because they can't get the dishes out to the tables fast enough (the magic flavour fades in a few minutes after the dish is served from the wok).

+: referring here to the ones that serve the 'expected Westerner tastes' food - takeaway, radioactive spring rolls, fluorescent sweet & sour pork, fried rice, sugar in everything, etc etc. :shut:

Post edited by M F M on
    edited December 1969

...thanks. I have Thai and Viet down pretty well, but Chinese (from scratch) has always been a struggle.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    New Rule for the Complaint Thread :- Consecutive posts on the last couple of pages get Consolidated

Holy cats!! I just noticed your posts total! :bug: :ahhh: :exclaim:
    edited December 1969

Here's what was causing my DIM downloading problem.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/27537/

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    chohole said:

Holy cats!! I just noticed your posts total! :bug: :ahhh: :exclaim:
    So... after 10,000 you turn into an 'Administrator'? o.O...
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,354
    edited August 2013

Me and another mod are having the same issue. Like stated in the other thread the problem has been reported to DAZ

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Yes, I'm having the same problem with those 2. First they got to 67% and then eventually failed. The second time the StudioCF file got to 99%, and then failed. My last try a few minutes ago only got to 2% and I stopped them, so it's says Resume, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow to try again.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

din-dins:

...you must have some lousy bus service there to wait up to 40 min. and then have to walk over a half hour from the nearest bus stop to home (no wonder you often mention about taking a cab). I would think that Long Island had better service being so close to NYC. Can't you use the MTA?

Long Island really is a long island, lol. longguylund

the further east you go, cheaper the rent is, until you hit the Hamptons.

edited December 1969

dhtapp said:
    It's obvious that some of you know how to cook, and I don't.

But that's OK. And do you know why?

Because I have just acquired an entire chocolate cake.

So, neener.

CAKE!

i could go for some coconut custard pie. triple sigh

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

i saw some expensive mansions in East Hapmton, NY. I think they are near the water. The more affordable houses are near South Hampton.

edited December 1969

did y'all know :) ... the Victorian Street shops are figures.

if yoo unhide the dials yoo can slide them around with the translate parameters.

and select snow material, make it transparent, yoo has a summer Victorian Street!

windows need display props.
    and one of those hanging bells for the door to swing open and hit and make jingle ...
    or do the bells hang from the door and jangle :)

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

MOrning. Nice sunny day so far for us, haz a few dark clouds heading this way tho :)

edited December 1969

did y'all know :) ... the Victorian Street shops are figures.

if yoo unhide the dials yoo can slide them around with the translate parameters.

and select snow material, make it transparent, yoo has a summer Victorian Street!

windows need display props.
    and one of those hanging bells for the door to swing open and hit and make jingle ...
    or do the bells hang from the door and jangle :)

L_2155F_2.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 488K
This discussion has been closed.