Post edited by cridgit on

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

ROFLMAO!!! THANK YOU!!! I was trying to be nice and only pointed out the UBER stickies a few days ago. You went that one step farther than I did.

I'm with you 100%. As far as the note pad goes, very DARN good question.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    ... would I use the forum's built-in Notepad for? (You can find it in your Control Panel)

That is where I store my social security number, login information for all websites, banking account info, and important stuff like that at.
    Why not?

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'd say the notepad is a feature of the forums that they haven't bothered to remove, as opposed to one they think is useful.

100% agree on the stickies though.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

And what happens when you write a comment in the Wishlist?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713
    edited December 1969

you could use it to write draft frustation posts ready to copy and paste when the need arises!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Only if the whole darn site does not hang on you.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Because the wishlist doesn't list vendor information, I have used the comment field to indicate who the vendor is, in case that vendor is having a store wide sale, or there is a coupon that only applies to Daz originals, for example. If the wishlist had REAL info in it, I wouldn't need to do that, but it works.

• edited December 1969

Because the wishlist doesn't list vendor information, I have used the comment field to indicate who the vendor is, in case that vendor is having a store wide sale, or there is a coupon that only applies to Daz originals, for example. If the wishlist had REAL info in it, I wouldn't need to do that, but it works.

I am being completely silly and attempting to be humorous when I say - maybe it makes your wishlist take twice as long to load than it currently does? ;-P

I agree with the stickies; I have trouble finding the info I need cause I have to muddle through all of the muck. What is supposed to be new and easier to use is turning out to be a very disorganized pile of *BLEEP*. Maybe that is what we are supposed to use our notepad for.... our own personal breadcrumbs to help us find our way through it all? :lol:

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    ... is going on with the stickies? (Don't we have a *COMMERCIAL* forum for *COMMERCIAL* posts? Instead now we're flooding the forum with commercial posts? No wonder I can't bloddy find anything in the stickies.

Ah but we did persuade Daz3D to add extra lines to each page, so there is more room for sticky threads. :coolgrin:
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    ... would I use the forum's built-in Notepad for? (You can find it in your Control Panel)

Could use it to store things you need to type often - hmmm, time to add "Moved to the as it's a , not an , a ."

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Instead now we’re flooding the forum with commercial posts?

I am sure I should resist. But I just can't help pointing out it is a commercial site...

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,145
    edited December 1969

A niggle I have about the wishlist area is the code monkeys have not coded the fly out "View Details" link box auto expand so the text spills out onto the underlying page... looks very very sloppy to me. The theme is my "Earthy" theme I've not released yet for the DAZ site....

ViewDetailsSLOPPY.jpg
    790 x 636 - 87K
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    ... is going on with the stickies? (Don't we have a *COMMERCIAL* forum for *COMMERCIAL* posts?

I like having the DAZ sale notifications at the top of the Commons, I don't always check the other forums - in fact I didn't notice we had a Commercial Forum until yesterday!

edited December 1969

Yeah, but the stupid thing is that the comment does not stay if you close the browser and reopen it. So, the comments goes from your browser to one ear of DAZ3D and out the other ear, without slowing down.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

My comments are all still there. I entered the comments I wanted to make, and then clicked "update wishlist", at the bottom, and my comments are saved.

edited December 1969

I must have forgotten to update, and just pressed enter.

edited December 1969

Wishlist comments are definitely persistent. Ooooh! Wait! There's a really nifty feature on those comments. If you hover over the text of a comment, you get a balloon popup that says, "Comment". Will wonders never cease.:)

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:

I though it was for writing yourself important notes like this...

Notebook.jpg
    987 x 698 - 118K
    edited May 2022

Redacted

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited May 2022

Redacted

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,145
    edited December 1969

Some did, some did not but it's a very happy post just the same! :-)

edited December 1969

Some people are easily amused...
    :lol:

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

Actually, there is one aspect of the new smileys that works better in the new forum than the old one. In the old one, if you put a smiley at the very end of your post, which is pretty common, and then you did a preview, when you did the submit, the smiley was broken because the space at the end got stripped off by the old forum. The new one does not do that. The new one appears to be less sensitive about the smileys and the white space, but as the rigorous testing above has shown, the results are not entirely predictable. :)