DSON Python Errors

TaishoBeeTaishoBee Posts: 68
edited July 2018 in Poser Discussion

Hi all,

I am constantly getting errors when using Genesis in Poser Pro 11. I have the latest DSON installed. I have tried install/uninstall with no luck. This happens with Genesis 1 and 2. Same errors for both. In DS, I get an error that says duplicate formulas, again I've done uninstall/install and have the current versions.

Genesis loads solid colored, with no textures.

When trying to transfer active morphs:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser 11\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\DSON Support\Transfer Active Morphs.py", line 2, in <module>
    dson.dzdsonimporter.generateConformingMorphs()
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xeb in position 4: unexpected end of data

On load:

UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xeb in position 4: unexpected end of data
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\User\Owner\Documents\Poser Storage 2017\Runtime\libraries\Character\Figures\Daz\People\Genesis.py", line 2, in <module>
    dson.dzdsonimporter.loadCompanionDSONFile( sys.argv[0] );
SystemError: NULL result without error in PyObject_Call

In DS, this is Genesis 2 Female, though it happens with male too. Attached the txt file since it's really long. Scratch that, it won't upload my tetx file, so here's a line, basically the same error all the way anyway.

2018-07-21 18:26:45.153 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5979): Duplicate formula found linking xOrigin & Value in D:/User/Owner/Documents/My Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Growing Up/Head Proportion.dsf.

Post edited by TaishoBee on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

you may fidn that you get more replies if you move your post to the poser forum

You can do this by clicking on the gear icon on your rist post, then clicking on edit from the drop down  and  selecting a new category on the left hand side of that page and then post comment.

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305
    edited July 2018

Perhaps those duplicate formulas in DS are the cause for the errors with DSON in Poser.

Maybe this thread holds some useful info for you to fix those errors... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/22220/duplicate-formulas-error-solved-thank-you-bejaymac

Post edited by glaseye on
  • TaishoBeeTaishoBee Posts: 68
    Chohole said:

you may fidn that you get more replies if you move your post to the poser forum

You can do this by clicking on the gear icon on your rist post, then clicking on edit from the drop down  and  selecting a new category on the left hand side of that page and then post comment.

I've moved it, I didn't know where to put it, thanks!

glaseye said:

Perhaps those duplicate formulas in DS are the cause for the errors with DSON in Poser.

Maybe this thread holds some useful info for you to fix those errors... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/22220/duplicate-formulas-error-solved-thank-you-bejaymac

I'll have a look, thanks!

Unfortunately, the dson errors are still there, though I tried what was suggested.

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305
    edited August 2018

Still no luck?, ouch, well been a while since I've las used G2F in Poser, so did a try. G2F still loads fine for me.  I take it you do get the errors not just with the growing up morphs? I do have them also and didn't get any problem. So if the errors only reference the growing up morphs, maybe uninstalling and reinstalling them might help (though I wouldn't get my hopes up too high if I were you).

edit to add. As the poser forum her is not exactly an active forum, you may want to try the 'official' poser forums

https://forum.smithmicro.com/category/9/poser

Post edited by glaseye on
    edited August 2018
    glaseye said:

Still no luck?, ouch, well been a while since I've las used G2F in Poser, so did a try. G2F still loads fine for me.  I take it you do get the errors not just with the growing up morphs? I do have them also and didn't get any problem. So if the errors only reference the growing up morphs, maybe uninstalling and reinstalling them might help (though I wouldn't get my hopes up too high if I were you).

edit to add. As the poser forum her is not exactly an active forum, you may want to try the 'official' poser forums

Okay, I'll move it, but thanks for the reply. I get these errors whenever I try to transfer active morphs with Genesis too. Hmm actually I don't see a 'Poser Official' forum.

Post edited by TaishoBee on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    TaishoBee said:
    glaseye said:

Okay, I'll move it, but thanks for the reply. I get these errors whenever I try to transfer active morphs with Genesis too. Hmm actually I don't see a 'Poser Official' forum.

That is probably because there isn't one.   I think that the "official" poser forum, or certainly the other main Poser forum, is at Rendo,  as CP closed down a wee while ago.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,771

The official Poser Forum is active and has been here for some time....

• Looks like Python is trying to read some data that isn't encoded as UTF8, which is what it expects by default.  You can specify other encodings in the Python script, but that would require knowing how the data being read is actually encoded.  The character set used by your Windows installation may be relevant, also the version of Python being used.

Probably raising this with Smith Micro, either directly as a support ticket or on the forum mentioned above, is your best bet, as it seems it's not common enough for anyone here to have seen and solved the issue.

• Looks like Python is trying to read some data that isn't encoded as UTF8, which is what it expects by default.  You can specify other encodings in the Python script, but that would require knowing how the data being read is actually encoded.  The character set used by your Windows installation may be relevant, also the version of Python being used.

Probably raising this with Smith Micro, either directly as a support ticket or on the forum mentioned above, is your best bet, as it seems it's not common enough for anyone here to have seen and solved the issue.

Hmm okay, I have no idea how to do anything with Python, but it's nice to know what the problem might be. I'm surprised I'm the only one with the error.

• andya_b341b7c5f5andya_b341b7c5f5 Posts: 694
    edited November 2018
    TaishoBee said:

Looks like Python is trying to read some data that isn't encoded as UTF8, which is what it expects by default.  You can specify other encodings in the Python script, but that would require knowing how the data being read is actually encoded.  The character set used by your Windows installation may be relevant, also the version of Python being used.

Hmm okay, I have no idea how to do anything with Python, but it's nice to know what the problem might be. I'm surprised I'm the only one with the error.

It would be surprising if you are the only one with this issue, but there are a number of variables involved, and it's possible you have a unique, or almost unique, combination.  To diagnose, it needs someone who has access to the Python code, and to the data the code is trying to read/decode.  Hence my suggesting a support ticket, trying the official Poser forums, or both.  I'm afraid I don't have Poser, so that's the limit of the help I can offer, except to say I see that 'duplicate formulas' thing in DS with G3: I ignore it and it hasn't caused any other issues as far as I know.  I am sure it's solvable, I'm just not motivated enough to fix it.  I suspect it's unrelated to your DSON errors.

Post edited by andya_b341b7c5f5 on
  • TaishoBee said:

Looks like Python is trying to read some data that isn't encoded as UTF8, which is what it expects by default.  You can specify other encodings in the Python script, but that would require knowing how the data being read is actually encoded.  The character set used by your Windows installation may be relevant, also the version of Python being used.

It would be surprising if you are the only one with this issue, but there are a number of variables involved, and it's possible you have a unique, or almost unique, combination.  To diagnose, it needs someone who has access to the Python code, and to the data the code is trying to read/decode.  Hence my suggesting a support ticket, trying the official Poser forums, or both.  I'm afraid I don't have Poser, so that's the limit of the help I can offer, except to say I see that 'duplicate formulas' thing in DS with G3: I ignore it and it hasn't caused any other issues as far as I know.  I am sure it's solvable, I'm just not motivated enough to fix it.  I suspect it's unrelated to your DSON errors.

I agree, I'm going to go ahead and open a support ticket. Not being able to transfer active morphs is really hurting my ability to use Genesis.

• Did you ever get it to work? I'm having the same problem.

• Did you ever get it to work? I'm having the same problem.

No, actually. I was talking with support for months and never got it to work.

• Genesis does load grey. If you load Genesis Female/Male, you get them looking normal. All I did was add Daz Runtime in Poser and everything works fine. One thing I see off with what you posted is the paths. Genesis is in Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/. Not in Users/Owner/ or Users/(Your Name Here)/. If you install Daz and Poser normally, (even on a seperate drive like I have, the only thing that changes is the drive letter.) and then add My DAZ 3D Library (from Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library) everything should work fine. If not, I have no idea :)