Stephanie 3 Petite question

BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367
edited December 1969 in The Commons

What do I need for this character to be used. I have seen a package available.
Is there a Stephanie 3, non petite?
And do I need skin textures also? Are they like V4 skin textures, Lo Res and Hi Res?
If so could someone direct me to them?

Also, are there similar textures for V3?

Thanks.
R

Comments

• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited June 2012

You just need the base package to use her...but additional morph packages will increase her use and vary her looks.
    Stephanie 3 petite is basically just a nicer (in my opinion) and petite version of V3. She also utilizes what Daz learned in modeling and such to create better bends. Better bends appeared in David3, Stephanie3, Hiro3, and Aiko3 compared to V3 and M3.
    V3 textures can be used on Stepanie3...heck Gen3 textures are swappable with other Gen3 figures, with varying degrees of fiddling (Aiko3 and Hiro3) being those.

Post edited by jmper on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Stephanie 3 Petite is a stand-alone figure, there's no "non-petite" Stephanie 3. She takes the same textures as V3. I'm not sure how many skin textures for them are still available in the store, but there are a lot of free ones as well.

• jmperjmper Posts: 257
    edited June 2012

Also about the whole petite thing. The name, I believe, was conjured up to say, "Hey! She's smaller than V3"
    lol

Post edited by jmper on
  • DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

about the whole petite thing. The name, I believe, was conjured up to say, “Hey! She’s smaller than V3”

In the beginning there was Victoria

Who got some morphs and became Victoria 2

Then Victoria 2 got a friend Stephanie, who was just as tall as Victoria.

Then Victoria 2 got even more morphs, a tuck here, a nose job there and became Victoria 3, so Stephanie had to keep up, but by the time she got to Gen 3 she'd turned into quite a petite little thing, and so Stephanie Petite 3 was launched into the world.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Actually, V1 and V2 were two different meshes. As I recall, V1 had two neck pieces, an upper and a lower similar to the way V5 has two abdomens.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    Actually, V1 and V2 were two different meshes. As I recall, V1 had two neck pieces, an upper and a lower similar to the way V5 has two abdomens.

No, V1 and V2 were the same base figure - in effect V2 was a morph expansion for V1, and likewise for M2 to M1. The "second generation" figures did introduce the ?2 to P4 figures, which were grouped and rigged like the equivalent Poser 4 figure so that existing clothing could be used on a figure with the V/M textures and head morphs.

edited December 1969

Okay, gotcha. In that case they would have been rigged the same, and when v3 came out, DAZ went back to the traditional neck.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited December 1969

wancow said:

No, V1 and V2 were the same base figure

Even to the point that they used exactly the same .obj.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

2 necks? an interesting idea!

edited December 1969

Yeah, had to do with one of the beta testers suggesting it...

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,367
    edited December 1969

Thank you.
    Really interesting.
    R

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited July 2012

DWG said:
    about the whole petite thing. The name, I believe, was conjured up to say, “Hey! She’s smaller than V3”

Then Victoria 2 got even more morphs, a tuck here, a nose job there and became Victoria 3, so Stephanie had to keep up, but by the time she got to Gen 3 she'd turned into quite a petite little thing, and so Stephanie Petite 3 was launched into the world.
    1:5 And DAZ saw that is was good.

1:6 And it was then when DAZ had created the third and zeroed Victoria and Michael and said, let this generation be multiplied and be various in it's kinds, let there be Anime, and Toons and Freaks and She-Freaks and Young Teens and Preschoolers and every crawling Baby that crawleth upon the scene grid.

1:7 And DAZ did rise from the mesh and multiplied the generation to be various in it's kinds, and there was Anime, and Toons and Freaks and She-Freaks and Young Teens and Preschoolers and every crawling Baby that crawleth upon the scene grid.

1:8 And DAZ saw that it was good.

1:9 Then DAZ looked unto the third and zeroed Stephanie who was Petite and said, it is not good for Stephanie to be alone.

1:10 And DAZ stretched out it's arm to the MallenLane, and MallenLane did create for Stephanie a male partner. And he was Petite as Stephanie. As Stephanie he was Petite. And his name was David, David was his name. And DAZ saw that it was good.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

DWG said:

1:5 And DAZ saw that is was good.

1:6 And it was then when DAZ had created the third and zeroed Victoria and Michael and said, let this generation be multiplied and be various in it's kinds, let there be Anime, and Toons and Freaks and She-Freaks and Young Teens and Preschoolers and every crawling Baby that crawleth upon the scene grid.

1:7 And DAZ did rise from the mesh and multiplied the generation to be various in it's kinds, and there was Anime, and Toons and Freaks and She-Freaks and Young Teens and Preschoolers and every crawling Baby that crawleth upon the scene grid.

1:8 And DAZ saw that it was good.

1:9 Then DAZ looked unto the third and zeroed Stephanie who was Petite and said, it is not good for Stephanie to be alone.

1:10 And DAZ stretched out it's arm to the MallenLane, and MallenLane did create for Stephanie a male partner. And he was Petite as Stephanie. As Stephanie he was Petite. And his name was David, David was his name. And DAZ saw that it was good.

Since that is the book of DAZenesis, you still have a ways to go, although I believe we just went through the deluge.