question about uninstalling DAZ

petvinpetvin Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi :-)
I Think that I unfortunately have to reinstall Daz. The reason why is that went to the shop and bought the Snaggletooth Caverns. It comes in a zip file and that is ok, I have done zip files before in DAZ. But this time I did something wrong cause after I had unzip the file I put it all in my Library as it says in the PDFR help file for zip. But that must have been wrong cause usually the files is; runtime and read me files when it is unzipped, but this time it starts with Poser and manifest.dsx. And if you hit the Poser file it comes with Bonus files, Props, Read me and Runtime. So when I was finish it all was wrong. Some was in DAZ studio Formats, but did not showed up, and some was in Poser Formats and did more or less showed up. So I have made that decision to reinstall it all. But it is all my fall I did it with some hangovers, unfortunately. So my question is; do I have to uninstall all my installed content first and then Daz or is it ok just to hit the uninstall button for DAZ and then all will be gone?
All the best
Hangover Peter

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You only need to uninstall that one Item. Not DS or your other content. I do not have that as a Zip so I can not really be much more help.

• petvinpetvin Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

HI Jaderail :-)
    Thanks for your answer. Yes it use to be like that, but there is not an uninstaller icon for the Snaggletooth Cave anywhere. I forgot to say that, sorry.
    All the best
    Peter

edited June 2012

If you UnZip the file to a temp Folder you can look at the names and then deleate the same files from your My Library folder. Then Boot DS and have it Clean the removed items.

After that use your temp UnZip folder to look at all the files and where they go before you move them to My Library again.

I hope that helps.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

I have just reset my down load of this file and got the zip instead of the .exe

All the files look to be where they are meant to be just inside the content folder you have the Bonus folder which contains a scene file this can go any where (I normally keep mine in the runtime) the prop folder you see are the DAZ Studio versions of the props and would have had their own installer under the old system and then the runtime folder with all the Poser format stuff.

I am not sure why your Daz Studio items would not work as they look OK to me. I would just uninstall the one product and reinstall it no need to uninstall Daz Studio over one product.

edited December 1969

@Hi Jaderail :-)
    Thanks for your answer. I will try that later in the evening after a visits on the couch, hoping that will remove my hangovers.
    Thanks again
    All the best
    Peter

@Hi Neilv 1 :-)
    Thanks for your answer. If I understand you right you do not put it all in the library folder after un zipping but copy it one by one and then put it in the folders in DAZ? Did you got an uninstaller icon?
    All the best
    Peter

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited June 2012

petvin said:

@Hi Neilv 1 :-)
    Thanks for your answer. If I understand you right you do not put it all in the library folder after un zipping but copy it one by one and then put it in the folders in DAZ? Did you got an uninstaller icon?
    All the best
    Peter

no uninstaller icon so yep to uninstall you have to do it by hand.

and yep I tend to copy the folders over by hand in small chunks so do the props then the runtime the bonus folder is up to you ( I have my own location for scene files so I moved it to a different place). I am thinking that when we get the proper installer application to go with the zips which I presume is what the manifest.dsx that will take care of the uninstalling as well

Post edited by NeilV_1 on
    edited December 1969

Hi :-)
    I do not know what has happened, but when I came back to my com. later this evening, everything was suddenly there in Poser formats, where it suppose to be, and it seems work just fine. I have no idea why. But I´ve got the cave!!
    Studio Formats still looks strange, but I´ll leave it there for now. It does not seems to make any trouble.
    So thanks for all your help!! And next time I get a zip file I`ll do it all by hand, like you Nielv 1
    Thanks again :-)
    All the best
    Peter

edited December 1969

Hope the Hangover is better also, that would be two win's in one day.

edited December 1969

Hangover is gone. And I´ll never do it again :lol:
    All the best
    Peter