BONE after BONE

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Is there anyway to LOCK objects so you can't select them. I am busy rigging my F4 PILOT and about have the time while trying to select a BONE to adjust I select the OBJECT

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

if it is not yet attached and you are working on making the skeleton, you can just choose "lock" in motion for the mesh until you are ready to attach the skeleton.
    I do that a lot with props and terrains I do not want accidently select to move
    once attached depending on the restraints used (I usually use ball joints or in my case usually an invisible Daz figure) you can use target helpers to pin stuff.
    (you are prob more experienced at rigging stuff than me btw so I should just shut up! but I do do it it occasionally albeit mostly attaching things mostly to Daz doll bones)

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

You could select the bone in the instances pane. Much easier if you've named the bones logically. Another possibility (which I just thought of, but haven't tried) is to select the model and choose hide in 3D view.

• edited December 1969

Well thats not what I need! And its no big deal but is a lot of a pain. I am laying out my BONES rig. Specially in the finger I have a little bone in the middle of the finger. I have to adjust IT while i can see the geometry to set it just so. So I need to see the object. And if you dont select the bone exactly right it gunna select the FINGER and the bone will disappear TEH NI got to go back to the INSTANCES and reselect the bone.

One thing I did/do love about LIGHTWAVE is they have LAYERS just like photoshop and you can do with them a lot just like photoshop.
    I think we need layers in carrara!

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

On the Scene Tab there is a column titled "S". you can click on the arrow next to the object to make it selectable or not
    Hope it helps

• ds-mail_2e0cb9c256ds-mail_2e0cb9c256 Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

On the Scene Tab there is a column titled "S". you can click on the arrow next to the object to make it selectable or not
    Hope it helps

I must be blind. I can't find anything like you mention. Can you show a quick screenshot to point it out to me please? Thanks.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

DougS said:
    Hope it helps

I must be blind. I can't find anything like you mention. Can you show a quick screenshot to point it out to me please? Thanks.

This kind of thing happens when a responder doesn't look where he's going and tells you how to do things in DAZ Studio in reply to a question about Carrara.

Happens a lot when you have proselytizing Blender fancritters overrunning your forum.

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

Ascania said:
    DougS said:
    Hope it helps

This kind of thing happens when a responder doesn't look where he's going and tells you how to do things in DAZ Studio in reply to a question about Carrara.

Happens a lot when you have proselytizing Blender fancritters overrunning your forum.

Sorry. My mistake. Ascania is right

• edited July 2012

OKAY OKAY! Here its is! If I want to SELECT the FInger Bone 2 To adjust it prior to attaching the object IF you don't hit the exact very center of that BONE it will select the HAND!

1p.jpg
    576 x 451 - 97K
    Post edited by richard.chaos_91798ec102 on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Got ya' Rich. The easiest thing you could do is try and use one of the multiple screen views and select the views that work best for the hand, such as front, top, left, etc. Then zoom wa-a-a-y-y in.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

Select with a right-click instead.

• Jetbird D2Jetbird D2 Posts: 95
    edited December 1969

Ascania said:
    Select with a right-click instead.

I second that.

Right clicking should bring a panel that shows a list of object in that area. For instance you have a hand, bones, something behind the object and it will show a list of object in order of which one is closer. This way you don;t need to lock anything and will have a precises selecting options.