Every woman wants to be with him. Every man wants to be him.

ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Every time his pager rings an angel gets its wings in a fiery explosion.

This is a Derrick appreciation thread.

Comments

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

And there was the time Derrick saved us all from the Robot Apocalypse.

derrick_love_2.jpg
    1250 x 1000 - 576K
  • MachieltjeMachieltje Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Wait, wait; women want a cardboard cutout? So that's what I've been doing wrong! I'm just too 3 dimensional!

edited December 1969

Wait, wait; women want a cardboard cutout? So that's what I've been doing wrong! I'm just too 3 dimensional!

Don't feel bad. It's not easy to be as awesome as Derrick. He just makes it look that way.

• MachieltjeMachieltje Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Don't feel bad. It's not easy to be as awesome as Derrick. He just makes it look that way.

But can't I be just a little bit awesome?

Please?

(Love the images btw)

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

Great poses for the adoring women posse in the first render! Is this a sneak peek of G2M or maybe Dawn's Derrick??

• GrattersGratters Posts: 0
    edited August 2013

Looks like the guy from Google SketchUp. He is indeed, awesome.

Derrick.jpg
    713 x 680 - 70K
    Post edited by Gratters on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited December 1969

http://www.googblogs.com/tag/the-sketchup-team/
    sneaky blighter has found his way into many a converted skp file

edited December 1969

Gratters said:
    Looks like the guy from Google SketchUp. He is indeed, awesome.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/71290/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Sketchups-Derrick-for-DAZ-Studio

He is indeed. Derrick is now available for Daz.

edited December 1969

But can't I be just a little bit awesome?

Please?

(Love the images btw)

We are all of us just a little bit awesome in Derrick's eyes. Thus it is his awesomeness is passed from him unto us.

Great poses for the adoring women posse in the first render! Is this a sneak peek of G2M or maybe Dawn's Derrick??

Those were all Genesis babes. They just can't resist him and who can blame them?

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

There's only one Derrick and he's played by Horst Tappert, who is officially known as the most attractive man on earth.

edited August 2013

Derrick the Dragon Slayer.

derrick_dragon_slayer_3.jpg
    1250 x 1000 - 467K
    derrick_dragon_slayer.jpg
    1250 x 1000 - 518K
    Post edited by ghastlycomic on
  • ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

With any luck that dragon will eat or burn him.

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

Elowan said:
    With any luck that dragon will eat or burn him.

It looks to me as if the dragon is being cornered in the second picture. Considering the determined look on Derrick's face I think I'd better not look ;)

Hmm, that could be a cool lead up to the classic: "Oh, it's just a fleshwound" (Month Python). But in this case I think it would be more like a small "paper cut" or something :)

edited December 1969

A mere dragon stands no chance against the awesome might of Derrick.

edited December 1969

Finally!

Ever since I came across this thread I wanted to participate and contribute more than just witty comments. Main problem back then was that I lacked the time, experience and inspiration.

Main problem now is that most of my renders are very likely not suitable for sharing here; sometimes use of nudity added with sometimes more darker themes. I'm a big fan of fantasy sceneries and one of my favourite artists is Boris Vallejo, who's work often heavily inspires me.

Alas; but ever since I had watched this thread I often popped Derrick into some of my renders and couldn't help grinning heavily ;) And I really wanted to contribute something, even though I'm still lacking experience. The result can be seen below.

When Derrick sees an evil troll attacking a girl he doesn't have to think long.

And as you can see below Derrick has the troll exactly where he wants him :-)

It's not a state of the art render, but I still think it wasn't too bad and a bit funny ;)

DerrickGrabbed_censor.jpg
    954 x 601 - 100K
    edited December 1969

ShelLuser said:

When Derrick sees an evil troll attacking a girl he doesn't have to think long.

That troll is done for, for sure!

edited December 1969

Ok, it's official: LuxRender can kick some serious weight around and get highly addictive. Although it seems to be less forgiving when (ab)using light sources than 3Delight is.

Last one for the evening.

Dinosaur ("Helligator") vs. Derrick. The outcome is a no brainer of course ;)

DerrickGator.png
    954 x 601 - 720K