D|S 4 Still no auto serch and add for Runtimes.

RattelerRatteler Posts: 23
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Finally got D|S 4 64 bit installed and working on my Mac.

I have for YEARS had my library broken up into folders of products with Runtimes in them. Literally hundreds of Runtimes all in separate folders.

D|S used to find an add these Runtimes on it's own. Now I have manually add each Runtime.

Way to break something that worked right.

This is just many reasons why I've stopped buying Daz Content, and won't buy D|S in the future.
D|S's major benefit to me was as a quick way to see what was in my library and prototype my Poser stuff.

You've destroyed my work flow.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Do you still have DS3 installed? DS4 can import your list of content folders (and your categories, if you wish).

• ssweetessweete Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

ds4 has search hard drive for content just like always, i just scanned my external and it found and added well over 50 of them at one time.
    this option is right above the option to add them by hand.

• bonni_6cf547c495bonni_6cf547c495 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Do you still have DS3 installed? DS4 can import your list of content folders (and your categories, if you wish).

How? I've been trying to figure it out for a while now...
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,862
    edited December 1969

You need the Content Library pane's option menu - right-click on the tab, or click the menu button in the top corner. Import Mapped Directories will bring in the DS3 content directories, Migrate Old Content Database will get you the categorisation (mostly, at least).

edited December 1969

Note: Migrating will skip items which have non-English characters, such as diacritical marks.

• RattelerRatteler Posts: 23
    edited December 1969

Ok. I'm trying DS4.6 AGAIN!!!!!

I have a muilti-gigabyte set of content all installed into it's own product folder.
    For example,

Work3D/!Pure_Unimesh/!Victoria3.0/runtime/...
    Morph injection pack will be loaded into that same folder, but I make a separate runtime for each outfit.

For example

Work3D/!Pure_Unimesh/V3_Cloth Ultra_Cat_Suit/runtime/...

I want to DS4.6 to see that content, where it is, in my nice neat easy to understand file structure that it took me YEARS to develop, and I have been using in some form since Poser4Pro.

I DO NOT WANT TO DOWNLOAD ALL MY CONTENT AGAIN INTO ANOTHER PLACE WASTING MULTI-GIGABYTES ON FILES THAT ARE ALREADY INSTALLED AND WORKING!!!!!

Please tell me there is a way to get my Runtimes recognized by DS4.6.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Ratteler said:
    Ok. I'm trying DS4.6 AGAIN!!!!!

I have a muilti-gigabyte set of content all installed into it's own product folder.
    For example,

Work3D/!Pure_Unimesh/!Victoria3.0/runtime/...
    Morph injection pack will be loaded into that same folder, but I make a separate runtime for each outfit.

For example

Work3D/!Pure_Unimesh/V3_Cloth Ultra_Cat_Suit/runtime/...

I want to DS4.6 to see that content, where it is, in my nice neat easy to understand file structure that it took me YEARS to develop, and I have been using in some form since Poser4Pro.

I DO NOT WANT TO DOWNLOAD ALL MY CONTENT AGAIN INTO ANOTHER PLACE WASTING MULTI-GIGABYTES ON FILES THAT ARE ALREADY INSTALLED AND WORKING!!!!!

Please tell me there is a way to get my Runtimes recognized by DS4.6.

Open the Preferences in Daz Studio (Edit->Preferences) and select "Content Directory Manager". From there you can add folders to include or exclude as needed. I added my previous Poser directory in this way and it's worked fine.
    Content_Add.JPG
    344 x 496 - 31K
    Content_Manager.JPG
    507 x 644 - 61K
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply. I took a few hours and loaded almost 4 dozen folders that way, and they just don't show up DS.

Screen_Shot_2013-08-16_at_1.01_.45_AM_.png
    1920 x 1200 - 776K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,862
    edited December 1969

You need to be using the Content Library pane, not Smart Content

edited December 1969

You need to be using the Content Library pane, not Smart Content

Thanks. :-D Figured that part out.

Now... is there a way to get DS to search for my runtimes instead of manually pointing to each of them?

edited August 2013

From the Content Library tab, click the options icon (rectangle with horizontal lines) in the upper corner, and chose "Search Hard Drive For Files".

ETA: If you have DS3 installed you can use "Import Mapped Directories" from that same menu.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
    edited August 2013

From the Content Library tab, click the options icon (rectangle with horizontal lines) in the upper corner, and chose "Search Hard Drive For Files".

ETA: If you have DS3 installed you can use "Import Mapped Directories" from that same menu.

Ok I tried that. I have 7 Drive on my system, but all I get is that root menu "/" thing.
    I can't seem to point it to the drive where my runtimes are, so the search turns up nothing.

What am I missing?

Screen_Shot_2013-08-16_at_11.06_.36_PM_.png
    1920 x 1200 - 479K
    Post edited by Ratteler on
    edited December 1969

Let me get hold of a Mac person.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,510
    edited August 2013

Ratteler said:

Ok I tried that. I have 7 Drive on my system, but all I get is that root menu "/" thing.
    I can't seem to point it to the drive where my runtimes are, so the search turns up nothing.

What am I missing?

Search from /Volumes/ Thats where all your drives are mounted... except your boot drive.

Post edited by Totte on
    edited August 2013

Let me get hold of a Mac person.

Much appreciated.

Totte said:

I can't seem to point it to the drive where my runtimes are, so the search turns up nothing. What am I missing?

Search from /Volumes/ Thats where all your drives are mounted... except your boot drive.

Ok... I went to try it again and this time when I clicked VERY CAREFULLY on the "/", and I got a carrot to enter a path.

Can we make this like an official bug report?

That was not even REMOTELY intuitive. At the very least we should have had /volumes/ appear as a default.
    Or preferably in an option to "Search Hard Drive(s)" you should get a list of your hard drives. :-D

I've got a spinning wheel while it figures out my hundreds of runtime folders.
    I'll let you know IF it finishes.

And, THANKS!

=======================
    UPDATE.

DS crashed figuring out the huge data base... but when I restarted it was all there.
    So it DOES work!
    But the various steps to get there are WAY to obscure.

Post edited by Ratteler on