Mec4d's Beards and Bodyhair are here! Hurray!

Comments

• ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited June 2012

This is sooooo cool! I've spent a couple of hours just playing with it, mixing, matching, growing. It's amazing how versatile it is. This brings Genesis/Michael 5 character creation to a whole new level. Everything from scruffy to classy. It's very cool how the beard follows the shape of the face no matter how you morph it.

Here are a few tests I did to see how it looks. Yes, it's definitely dwarf time.

Coldrake

Dw_2.jpg
    800 x 672 - 161K
    Dw_test_3.jpg
    800 x 671 - 131K
    Dwarf_test.jpg
    800 x 671 - 72K
    Post edited by Coldrake on
  • MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited December 1969

I am soooo happy right now. I'd just spent too much money at RDNA - and then saw they released your Unshaven Body and Beard and thought I would pass out from frustration! I was broke, but hubby came thru like a champ! Yaaaay - I have downloaded and installed - thank you Catherine - I swear, you my dear, are a friggin' GENIUS!!!!!!!!!

And Daz - I feel like the store and forum is slowly coming back to life - the price was incredible for this set - I truly thought it would be much more! BUT - as always, if it's affordable for more - that means more sales! Now if our Avatars and sigs start working, we'll be back at home for sure!

This is a good day - for Daz3d - Catherine and us folk who eagerly awaited this release - WOW! Let the fun begin! Finally my men, will actually LOOK like the kind of men I like... yes...

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Bigjobbie said:

Anybody know what face morph/texture set this is? It doesn't look like the base M5 head.

Cheers

I think the skin texture might be Dave: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/michael-5-elite-skin-texture-dave/ .

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am so Happy this is now out! I so need the HAIR. Then I can move to Genesis and drop most of my Gen 4's.

edited December 1969

Here's a very quick render using Abominable. I combined several of the beard morphs, and changed the diffuse color on the hair to more closely approximate the beard & body hair.

Unshaved_Test.jpg
    800 x 747 - 111K
  • jaunke_29fff27795jaunke_29fff27795 Posts: 144
    edited December 1969

It had to be done :down:

Grtz Jean-Claude

TopModels.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

:bug:

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

the dwarf looks so funny so where are the other 6 brothers ? lol I am happy you have fun

Coldrake said:
    This is sooooo cool! I've spent a couple of hours just playing with it, mixing, matching, growing. It's amazing how versatile it is. This brings Genesis/Michael 5 character creation to a whole new level. Everything from scruffy to classy. It's very cool how the beard follows the shape of the face no matter how you morph it.

Here are a few tests I did to see how it looks. Yes, it's definitely dwarf time.

Coldrake

edited December 1969

thank you my dear !!!

Mercedesk said:
    I am soooo happy right now. I'd just spent too much money at RDNA - and then saw they released your Unshaven Body and Beard and thought I would pass out from frustration! I was broke, but hubby came thru like a champ! Yaaaay - I have downloaded and installed - thank you Catherine - I swear, you my dear, are a friggin' GENIUS!!!!!!!!!

And Daz - I feel like the store and forum is slowly coming back to life - the price was incredible for this set - I truly thought it would be much more! BUT - as always, if it's affordable for more - that means more sales! Now if our Avatars and sigs start working, we'll be back at home for sure!

This is a good day - for Daz3d - Catherine and us folk who eagerly awaited this release - WOW! Let the fun begin! Finally my men, will actually LOOK like the kind of men I like... yes...

edited December 1969

now that is hairy creature ..lol

riftwitch said:
    Here's a very quick render using Abominable. I combined several of the beard morphs, and changed the diffuse color on the hair to more closely approximate the beard & body hair.

edited December 1969

I was afraid it would be ...lol

jeanke said:

Grtz Jean-Claude

edited December 1969

jeanke said:

Grtz Jean-Claude

Roflmbo!!!!
    :-P

• AlexLOAlexLO Posts: 193
    edited June 2012

Happy to see this finally released into the wild! Well Done Cath! (as always hehe)

Since it's out now I can post a few more renders from the testing phase done by my "twin", a few of which were posted in the previous version of the forum but are in archive limbo now.

With your permission Cath, I can also post up a few of your previews from the old threads so those who missed the first go round in the Matrix can see what's in store with "Unshaven" (The Hair Formerly Known as Xodus) :roll:

( I have the keys to the Akashic Record chamber ;-) )

Warrior_Hiroshi_Final030712.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 405K
    m5hair01_freak2cu_042312.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 374K
    Post edited by AlexLO on
  • jaunke_29fff27795jaunke_29fff27795 Posts: 144
    edited December 1969

Hmmmm :smirk:. It realy does look better on michael :cheese:.

Great images Alex!

Grtz Jean-Claude

edited June 2012

Thank you Jean-Claude :-)

A couple of Beard & Light tests & one from the "Hardcore" series featuring M5,

xodusman01_johnny5_5K_042212.jpg
    960 x 540 - 242K
    m5hardcore03_agfa400cdat14K_1080_042912.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 487K
    buddyhairy02_033112_bw_meshlight5-3k_30.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 215K
    Post edited by AlexLO on
    edited December 1969

Alex L said:

All three of them absolutely WOW... I haven't even opened Daz up since installing them. I sure hope they're fine with Daz Studio 4.5 Pro since that's what I have now.

Amazing renders so far... hope it's dummy friendly, hahahaha

edited June 2012

Mercedesk said:
    Alex L said:

All three of them absolutely WOW... I haven't even opened Daz up since installing them. I sure hope they're fine with Daz Studio 4.5 Pro since that's what I have now.

Thank you :red: I t's nice that men can finally look like MENS right? ;-)

They are quite simple to use, and Cath's test files still work well in DS 4.5, RC1 & RC2 so I would imagine that the final DAZ released versions will work as well.

Here is a quick tour video on using "Unshaven"

http://youtu.be/M9cZ6Z486F4

Post edited by AlexLO on
    edited December 1969

Mercedesk said:

It must be. I figured it out in less time than it took for the beard to load into my scene, and I had just come home from a week of graveyard shift. If I can figure it out when I'm one of the living dead, anyone can. :-)

• alkenalken Posts: 253
    edited June 2012

Love this hairy product! Great renders everyone, here's mine (just the chest hair is fiber mesh):

cindy_with_man3.jpg
    676 x 900 - 361K
    Post edited by alken on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    adamr001 said:

Ogre Magi (right-clicky, open in new tab/window to maky biggy)

Right-clicky gets image stuff; no open in new tab/window ... people have been posting the larger images elsewhere and posting the link(s) here.

You must be using IE. Chrome, Firefox and Safari all have the option to Open Image in New Tab. ^_^

You can also view it on my dA page here.

Apologies for the OT: but no. In Firefox one does not ... not in this forum. Has to do with how the images are being displayed. Because everywhere else except with similar website software; yes.

Thank you for the link :-)

Cath: The product is lovely. Loads quickly and caused no problems in the spot rendering testings I did.

believeme.png
    606 x 418 - 143K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Hold down the Ctrl key while clicking on "View Image" to open it in a new tab.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Hold down the Ctrl key while clicking on "View Image" to open it in a new tab.

Hay that works!!! Thanks :-)

edited December 1969

Thanks Guys, nice render everyone .. and that is true that it load a little longer as usual , but it are over 31 geometries that have to be loaded and not just simple like a hair that why it take little longer, once it is in working with is much faster, and also rendering time is a lot faster as with trans-mapped hair , it is not hard to figure out , just load the figure in add to genesis and go to the Actor groom Room and the rest as easy as sliding genesis shape so I don;t see it difficult child can do that .
    I hope to see more cool renders , and I just saw that the sale ends tomorrow it was for 48h only ...

Cath

• edited December 1969

Okay, I'm sold. Thank you for the hair, and for the sale, and thank you everyone for the wonderful renders. I thought I'd try something with white hair, and it turned out very nicely.

I took the eyebrows off smay's Last Gladiator texture and slapped on joequick's one-off fibermesh eye brows from ShareCG. As I suspected, they didn't follow the pose, and in close-up renders they make him look a bit...confused. Again, if you could find it in your heart to make them, I would gladly pay good money for a set of fibermesh eyebrows.

Pappy_Hyde_(800px).jpg
    800 x 800 - 220K
    edited December 1969

jeanke said:

Grtz Jean-Claude

That's very...interesting. Actually, the lady reminds me of a woman I met years ago at a fair; she actually had more body hair than the one in your render. Her beard had a more traditional cut, though.

edited December 1969

I am happy you like it .. :) looking forward for more render ideas ..

Cath

Okay, I'm sold. Thank you for the hair, and for the sale, and thank you everyone for the wonderful renders. I thought I'd try something with white hair, and it turned out very nicely.

I took the eyebrows off smay's Last Gladiator texture and slapped on joequick's one-off fibermesh eye brows from ShareCG. As I suspected, they didn't follow the pose, and in close-up renders they make him look a bit...confused. Again, if you could find it in your heart to make them, I would gladly pay good money for a set of fibermesh eyebrows.

edited June 2012

I am positively GOB SMACKED! I've been playing with Unshaven most of the evening and morning. Mech - Catherine... This is a dream come true for me. I have been complaining for YEARS about not having my MEN look like real men due to lack of beard, and body hair! (NO I'm not saying men without aren't real men...so don't start)...

BUT - for me, the hair thing is one of the things I like. So naturally when I build my men, I want hair on them. FINALLY - there is a hair for the face and body that applies like a DREAM.

This is SOOOO easy to use, and works so PERFECTLY - I am blown away! I cannot believe what a friggin' GENIUS you are gurl! For real. I'm sorry, but Daz3d aught to be kissin' your hinder.... because what this has done for Genesis... will blow it's uses OUT of the ball park! I know there will be many who will stick with M4 - refusing to touch Daz Studio any version. But this just might make them rethink it.

I'm so proud of you, for you - and Daz3d for adding you on board... THIS is a HIT... well, in my book anyway!

Going back to play... I now - have the montrous chore of learning Gen X - to convert ALL my M4 pre-made men with my own custom morphs to Genesis so that they can FINALLY... have face and body hair!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!

Post edited by MKeyes on
  • ambrown_7b4d9ebafcambrown_7b4d9ebafc Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

I love these products! They work perfectly and look great, and even better in the test renders I've done so far, they don't seem to drag render times down too much either!

If I had one plea it would be for an expansion set with underarm hair and eyebrows, but that's just an idea... :)

Thank you thank you!

edited December 1969

Tylerguy said:
    an expansion set with underarm hair ....but that's just an idea... :)

Thank you thank you!

I'm with this... for sure! Armpits are certainly needed, again... another man thing.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Went straight in the trolley despite running out of bandwidth...got up this morning ready to download now that my bandwidth is back and noticed the downloads are listed as pending...: (

Can't wait to play Cath this looks awesome!