Santo International M4

edited December 1969 in The Commons

A few days ago i bought the Santo International M4 at the store. The files i downloaded with DIM doesn´t contain any pose files (pz2) to apply the textures to M4. This happens by downloading IM00014019-01_SantoInternationalM4.zip which is the manual download option and it happens when downloading directly via DIM. The package doesn´t have any pz2 files for applying mats there are only a bunch of jpg´s.

Later on i checked my confirmation email and saw that DAZ provided links to installer files in exe format. 2 exe installers files for Poser and 2 for DAZStudio. But the download fails due to server timeouts. If someone from DAZ is reading please reset my download counters.

At the product page is written that this product is compatible with Poser (I´m on Poser 2014) and Poser material are provided.
Why DAZ doesn´t provide download links for exe installers via the account page ?
Why is there no option to reset downloads like before ?

I already filed a support ticket but support is very very slow.

Any help appreciated.

Ron

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited August 2013

For Poser, in DIM, go to the Ready to Download tab and hit the Download Filters button in the upper left. Scroll down and make sure you have Poser 9+ checked off so you see the Poser files as well. Change your sort order in the upper right to order date > most recent so they're towards the top and easier to spot.

If that still doesn't work, check off the Poser <9 option as well just to see.</p>

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Daz 3D are phasing out installers, this was stated a few months ago http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20834_97/

You do not need DAZ 3D to reset your downloads, If you go to Your account, and click on Product Library from the top line you will find that all yyour purchases are avialble for instant download, and with 2 options, either by using the DIM (Green Button) or Manually (Blue Button)

product_library_demo.jpg
    931 x 113 - 51K
  • edited December 1969

Thanks guys for the fast replies.

I did everything advised and downloaded once more the Santo International M4 via DIM, this time DIM showing only Poser 9+ downloads.
    DIM downloads 1 file, size 189MB name IM00014019-01_SantoInternationalM4.zip and the corresponding dsx file.
    Same result, that product is missing the pz2 files to apply the mat poses (textures) to M4. The downloaded zip only contains a bunch of jpg´s, manifest.dsx, the readme (html) and logo.png.

I guess DIM only copies the content of the zip to the corresponding directories. I for any reason files are missing, like the pz2 files in my case, it´s not a DIM fault.

This is taken from the product description:
    "Santo provides a set of Poser materials. Also, three sets of DS materials are provided: Base materials and HSS shaders for human and vampire renders."

According to the product description and the included features there should be some material poses to apply the textures.

What makes me wonder is that DAZ still provided links to exe installers in the order confirmation email. For Poser i got 2 links to Poser installer exe´s (looking like part 1 and part 2) and via DIM i only got 1 file. The 2 links provided in that email where pointing to files much larger than the 189MB downloaded via DIM. Sadly i couldn´t finish those dl due to server timeouts last weekend and the links are expired now.

Ron

edited August 2013

It's quite possible that the PZ2 files are housed in the DS download. Sometimes vendors will put the DS mats in the same Poser runtime as the Poser mats. Sadly though, this product doesn't state on the page how many installers there should be for each version.

As Cho pointed out though, check your Product Library downloads. There may be a couple of downloads incorrectly flagged, or not entered in DIM.

• edited December 1969

My product library shows 1 file to download for the Santo International. I will try the DAZStudio option now.

Ron

edited August 2013

On either the Ready to Install or Installed tab in DIM, right click the product and choose Package Files for the Ready to Install tab or Installed Files for the Installed tab.

Is it showing nothing but .jpgs in \Runtime\Textures?

• edited December 1969

Yes it´s showing only the jpg´s to Runtime/Textures, readme (html) and logo.png.
    I tried everything now, DIM downloads only one file doesn´t matter for Poser or DS. I can only dl 1 file from my account page. There are no pose files provided in those downloaded zip´s.

The only option i couldn´t check are the exe installer for Poser (14019_SantoForM4Pt1_1.1_dpc.exe - pc & 14019_SantoForM4pt2_1.1_dpc.exe - pc ) because the links are expired.

DAZ even provided 2 exe files for mac (14019_SantoForM4Pt1_1.1_dpc.zip - mac & 14019_SantoForM4pt2_1.1_dpc.zip - mac) and 1 file called 14019_SantoForM4Pt1MetaData_1.1_ds.exe - pc and 1 more called 14019_SantoForM4Pt1MetaData_1.1_ds.zip - mac in that order confirmation email. Well, i don´t know if those missing pose files are provided in that meta data files for DS.

I´m really lost now. If i just would know what i´m doing wrong.

Ron

edited December 1969

Sounds like the download for that product is seriously buggered. Your next step would be to contact support and put in a ticket. Hopefully someone who has the product or can check with Daz will see this and verify it. I don't have it to check, otherwise this would've been solved quite a few posts ago. lol

• edited December 1969

I already filed a ticket on sunday after purchase. Today i got an email from support (no automated message) that this guy doesn´t have problems downloading the product. Seems they don´t understand what´s my problem here.
    All this makes me very upset. I bought a lot of stuff over the past years from DAZ and other sources. But where other suppliers for Poser stuff are getting better over the years regarding their sales platforms, it seems to me DAZ is doing the opposite.

That was for sure my last business i did with DAZ. They have nice products specially for M4 but a really buggy sales platform and support.

Ron

edited August 2013

You can write back to him and tell him that issues downloading isn't the problem. Tell him you're seeing 1 file which only contain the texture jpgs and no mat pose files or pose injects. Screenshot your product library download view of that product if you have to.

• IceEmpressIceEmpress Posts: 639
    edited August 2013

Normada: I got that SAME DAMN PROBLEM with my "no manual download/blue button" for UbS2 a month ago despite clearly describing the problem and even (!!!) providing screenshots. They simply gave me genetic instructions on how to use the DIM or "click the blue manual button". Though it wasn't automated.
    I was flabbergasted by the ineptitude, and had to make the difficult decision of answering "not satisfied" on the feedback query.

I didn't bother following up my ticket to further explain my situation because obviously, if a clear, concise explanation + screenshot of the problem didn't help (only thing I didn't do is circle the lack of blue manual button in red in MSpaint with a "where is the manual download?!" text, but something tells me my responder still wouldn't have gotten the point. Thankfully UbS2 is an old enough product that it has an exe installer, and I prefer backup exes over zips and esp. DIM because I like to have backups of my installers AND have metadata.)

Post edited by IceEmpress on
  • edited December 1969

I got the blue download button and the green download button in my account page. What i didn´t got are the necessary pz2 files to apply the jpg-textures to M4. They are just missing in the package regardless if for DS or for Poser.
    4 Vendors are involved into that product. I would like to contact those and asking for the pz2 files but from within the DAZ store it´s not possible to contact them.
    It is not about the $16.95 and not about the product itself. I have plenty of other M4 characters. It is about of doing business and customer care what makes me upset. I was happy with the exe installers we got in the past and i was happy about the reset download button in the account page. Everything is gone. Now we DIM.

Thanks anyway folks. I got more support here in the last 90 minutes than in the last 3 days from DAZ.

Ron

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Can you file a support ticket again, stressing that your problem is not with downloading the product, but that the download appears to be missing the PZ2 files it is supposed to offer. please.

• edited December 1969

Already files 2 tickets. One for missing content, one for the download.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Hi,

I did some asking around and there was an ubersurface2 issue that was fixed yesterday and downloads should be available for that. Also they are looking into the santos downloads. I believe there should be at least 3 download files: one for the textures and material files and one for the ExP files to install the morphs for mixing the heads and bodies, and I believe one to add santo's body morphs to the M4 Gens if you want those to fit. Also when you install the morphs files you may have to run an "Update M4" shortcut on your desktop so that Santo's morphs can be added to M4's CR2.

Can't be too much help beyond that as I don't have those installers myself, so I would have to request them.