No searching by Published Artist ruins sales

Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
edited December 1969 in The Commons

This seems like it should be a high priority fix. People haven't been able to search by PA since the store opened, which makes any PA sale a pita.

Comments

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

I think you're absolutely right! As a workaround untill it's fixed you could use this:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/index/?limit=60&q=nameofartist

instead of nameofartist just fill in the name of the artist you would like to search for. If that are two names, like jack tomalin, put in an underscore like: jack_tomalin

Hope this helps a bit. Oh, and you get 60 products on one page... ;-)

Love, Jeanne
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited December 1969

I get "There are no products matching the selection" same as if I do advanced search (which isn't very obvious btw.) For anyone trying the advanced search, click on the down arrow next to the search dialog box. It doesn't work however.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

There is an all vendors that has appeared: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/vendors/ but I think they're still working on it because it doesn't seem to be populated.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

If you know the PA in question correct name just enter it into the search box, top right of the store.

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited June 2012

Gedd said:
    I get "There are no products matching the selection" same as if I do advanced search (which isn't very obvious btw.) For anyone trying the advanced search, click on the down arrow next to the search dialog box. It doesn't work however.

That's odd. You copied the code and pasted it in the adress bar above the page?
    If I want to search for Mab for instance, I copy the code, paste it in the adress bar on top of the page ( I use IE9) put in mab instead of nameofartist and it searches for Mab's store... and finds it :)
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/index/?limit=60&q=mab

But of course Chohole is right and you can enter the name of the artist in the search field top right of the page. What I described is just what I do also if I'm not on the site already..... and it gives me 60 products a page immediately :P

Love, Jeanne
    Post edited by Jeanne M on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,184
    edited December 1969

If you put the vendor's name in the store search (not the forum search) you will get a listing of their products. Most vendors used the link that search provided for their signature lines until a permanent solution gets coded into the website.

for example:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=Jack+tomalin

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=stonemason*

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=firstbastion

• KiyaKiya Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Changing the stores 'sort by' filter to 'release date' from the dropdown list has changed the vendors information into to pages of nothing with the 'There are no products matching the selection.' message every time i've tried to use it. If you have the store set to show results by release date then that could be the problem.

edited December 1969

I get the ‘There are no products matching the selection' randomly and more often then not. I am using Firefox, but I don't intend on using IE. And yes, I copied and pasted text, I put name in search bar... 'Dreamlight' ... one word, hard to mess up...

edited June 2012

If you put the vendor's name in the store search (not the forum search) you will get a listing of their products...

Um, no... 'you' will get a listing of their products. Don't assume because it works for you it works for others. Don't mean to sound rude btw, I do appreciate people taking the time to reply.

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • KiyaKiya Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am using Firefox 14.0 and can bring up the Dreamlight listings. Which version of Firefox are you on?

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,875
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    I get the ‘There are no products matching the selection' randomly and more often then not. I am using Firefox, but I don't intend on using IE. And yes, I copied and pasted text, I put name in search bar... 'Dreamlight' ... one word, hard to mess up...

Gedd, using IE will make no difference, it still breaks.

The method described by chohole works for me UNLESS I try to amend the search parameters e.g. change to release date. From that moment on the search is broken and will not search for ANYTHING in the store - returns blanks. I log out, log back in and it works again but only if I don't try and change anything. I am using IE so I don't think this is browser specific but a site glitch.

edited December 1969

Haruchai said:
    ... using IE will make no difference, it still breaks... I am using IE so I don't think this is browser specific but a site glitch.

Yes, that is pretty much the same conclusion I came to. Logging out and back in does seem to fix it and changing parameters in search or even doing repeated searches (at least some of the time) seems to break it. Basically, it needs to go through a full test cycle to see exactly how/when it breaks to identify/fix.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Daz does know there are still some glitches in the search, and are working to fix them.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,875
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Daz does know there are still some glitches in the search, and are working to fix them.

I guessed as much. The new vendor profiles should help a great deal when they get populated.

Really trying not to be too negative and try to post symtoms I've not seen mentioned or clarify those that are different for me. I can only imagine the list of things on DAZ's ToDo list, sometimes the frustration takes over though. Will try and bite my lip a bit more and wait.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

...pretty much any time i try to filter store results by date I get this:

There are no products matching the selection