missing parametres genesis and carrara

peregrinus1peregrinus1 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

could someone please tell me why many of the parametres for my figure are missing, and most of all how to retrieve them?

thanks

Comments

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited August 2013

What is missing?

I have found that Carrara displays some of the dials somewhat inconsistently. Sometimes you need to have "Genesis" selected, while for some other things it needs to be "Actor". Some people have reported things being missing entirely.

Post edited by araneldon on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

I am going to guess that the parameters that are missing have to do with the missing heads?

• peregrinus1peregrinus1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

it doesnt have to do with the missing heads as far as i can judge... because it is stuff like leg and elbow bending missing...

the actor contains parameters for shaping the caracter, and the genesis contains parametres for movement, however the parametres are incomplete...

as you see for instance there is a parametre for the righ leg to move out on the side, but not for the left leg....

is there a way to retrieve all the parameters?

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

A little disclaimer: I don't have C8.1 or the C8.5 beta so I can't speak directly for Genesis. I would have the latest version of Carrara if I could, but the economic collapse means some things have to wait.

With that out of the way, can you still manipulate the arms and legs using the rig? I can see the ease of use for a slider, but for limb manipulation it doesn't seem like it would be required. I can see missing shape morphs as being more troublesome. Of course, as I said, I don't have Genesis, so I don't know how the figure works. I have been curious about it, which is why I'm asking about it.

I hope you can get help!

P.S. Is that a part of the rig that extends into the pectorals/breasts???

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219
    edited December 1969

Try loading in a fresh version of Genesis from the library, not one saved, but a fresh, new one. Not enough information given to help much further than that.

• tbwoqtbwoq Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

I have the same parameters as the first screenshot. I noticed there are morphs that do not show up in the model room morph tab that do show up in the assemble room parameters tab though(for instance, hand parameters). Could be related or hopefully someone with more experience with Genesis can answer.

• peregrinus1peregrinus1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

thanks for the answers. i guess i try to animate the characters with the rig instead then... and, yes, it is a part of the rig that extends into the pectorals/breasts.

i get more parametres in the model room as well, however only parametres related to shape..

• edited December 1969

HI Pengrinus,

Carrara doesn't use parameters to bend arms and legs. Instead it uses the universal manipulator. For ecample, to bend the arm at the elbow,

1. Go into the tree and select the characters forearm.
    2. Go to the top left of the screen and select the rotate manipulator. It is the 3rd one down on the lefthand bar by default and looks almost like a reload button for a webpate (A curving arrow going clockwise)
    3. You should now see four different colored circles inside the scene around the forearm of the figure. You leftclick on the circle that rotates in the direction you want and drag the mouse to move that limb.

You can also enter exact values for the rotation under the "Motion" tab in the Transform section. Just enter the value that you want into the rotation line.

Good luck, I hope this helps! I know it's a pain Normally I use Poser to pose my figures and just import the pose into Carrara when I set up the file.

Boojum the brown bunny

edited December 1969

I think boojum's statement is a bit misleading. Poser and DS also have such manipulators, the parameter dials are just an alternative that some people apparently find worthwhile.

• edited August 2013

araneldon said:
    I think boojum's statement is a bit misleading. Poser and DS also have such manipulators, the parameter dials are just an alternative that some people apparently find worthwhile.

I don't think I was misleading at all. He wanted to know what happenned to the bend parameter for his figure and I explained how to manipulate the figure usig the universal manipulator... and comisserated over the lack of parameter dial. I never even hinted that universal manipulators don't exist in other software, just that bend dials don't.exist in carrara.

For those of us who are red/green colorblind that is actually a serious problem. The manipulators show as skinny grey lines that are really hard to pick out in a moderately complex scene. In carrara I end up having to a imate my character in an empty scene and then import him to get past this problem. I like posers parameter dials for character animation a lot better. I almost never grab the wrong thing and drag it that way.

Post edited by Boojum the brown bunny on
    edited August 2013

Edited yet again. Sorry, I misread something earlier. You're right.

Post edited by araneldon on