Store Credit Unsubscribes Newletter

ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Twice I have gotten store credit and both times it unsubscribed me from the newsletter. Just letting those in the know know this has happened so it can be added to the list of things to be fixed, but certainly down the list a ways.

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,722
    edited June 2012

Hm, interesting. I was unsubscribed too 10 days ago, just checked and it was at almost the exact same time that I got a refund. It's the only time it's happened and it's the only refund I've got since the new store was introduced, so that fits well with your theory,

Post edited by Taoz on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118
    edited December 1969

Yes, it happened to me too! I got some store credit for a product I bought that was reduced in price several days later. I got two emails. One said my issue was resolved (the credit) and the other said I was unsubscribed from the newsletter. What a strange bug.

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I was refunded (store credit) a partial purchase about 10 days ago because I screwed up and bought an item twice, but it didn't unsubscribe me from the newsletter.

Might be something else causing it?

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited June 2012

Happened to me too...definitely seems to be a link. Loaar, did you get the email stating that the issue had been resolved at the time that you received the credit?

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Happened to me too...definitely seems to be a link. Loaar, did you get the email stating that the issue had been resolved at the time that you received the credit?

Yep.

I'm not saying there isn't a link, but obviously its not the issuing of store credit that does it. There must be something else that happens at the same time in some situations that causes it.

• J C DJ C D Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Same thing here - received notice of a refund and almost instantly received notification of my subscription being cancelled :/

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

It happened to me too. Got 2 refunds as store credit and was unsubscribed from the newsletter both times.

• DigitalDiva76DigitalDiva76 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I was unsubscribed after getting a credit also.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118
    edited December 1969

Well, I just spoke to support on the phone to get an order out of processing_auth. They told me that anytime they access a user account to make a change, like issuing credit or pushing an order through manually, it "randomly" unsubscribes the user from the newsletter. They said they cannot resubscribe a user, the user must do it themselves. It is on their list of many things that need fixing.