DAZ 3D Install Manager v.1.0.1.81 Update

DAZ_BrianDAZ_Brian Posts: 345
edited October 2013 in The Commons

DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the next public version of the DAZ 3D Install Manager - version 1.0.1.81!

DAZ 3D Install Manager has been updated to allow resuming of interrupted and/or cancelled downloads. The “Download” button text is replaced by “Resume” when a portion of a package has already been downloaded. Package signatures are validated upon resume; if the local signature does not match the server signature resume starts from the beginning. It is highly recommend that separate accounts use separate download folders to prevent cross-account clean up of “orphaned” downloads.

In addition, the following changes and enhancements have been made.

- On Windows, the DAZ3DIMHelper application, which requests elevated permissions for installing software/plugins/shaders/etc, and the BitRock installer are now signed, so they identify themselves as being provided by "DAZ Productions, Inc." instead of "Unknown".
- Added “4R6” to the list of ZBrush application versions.
- Various “Download” and “Installer” references have been relabeled to use “Package” instead; some users were interpreting “Download Date” as the date/time the package was downloaded rather than the date/time the package was created; referring to a package as an “Installer” wasn't entirely accurate, and is simplified by the consistent use of “Package” whether downloaded or not
- The ”— Applications —” text in the Installation Details widget has been replaced with a “Show Applications List…” button that launches the Settings dialog with the Applications page raised.
- Made other minor labeling tweaks to improve readability/consistency.
- Added support for a resume filter to the filter field; "resume::true" to show only those packages that can be resumed, "resume::false" to hide them.
- Allow a custom install path for new Windows CMS installations; not allowed during update

For more details view the DAZ 3D Install Manager v.1.0.1.81 Change Log, which can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site.

Post edited by rbtwhiz on

Comments

• RodrakRodrak Posts: 81
    edited December 1969

I must say that auto-installing the CMS whenever there's a DIM update is a bit annoying. Uninstalling it takes 5 seconds, I know, but still a check for a previous installation or a question wouldn't hurt..

• HALO creativeHALO creative Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

Just installed the update and there's no Photoshop CC option in the application versions :(

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Does it still insist on installing itself on c: ?

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Does it still insist on using the Public Documents folder for some of its own files?

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Since it's an automatic update from the previous 1.75 version, I would assume the answer to both your questions, Kerya and David, is yes. I haven't checked to see if you can direct it to install to a new location if you download from your Product Library and do a fresh install. That may be an option.

• edited December 1969

I just picked up a few things after the latest update went through, and now it won't install what I bought. I opened the order, selected "download and install" with the install manager, and while the manager opened up and queued the selections, when I told it to begin, I got "download failed" on each of them.

I re-downloaded the install manager program and reinstalled it, on the theory that it was a bad patch. But I'm still having the same problem. Is the program messed up?

Thanks!

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

submit a ticket to CS specifying the product. It is probably something incorrectly setup with that particular product that needs to get to our production team to fix.

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

I just installed and you can direct where to install. My C drive in small so I don't use it unless I absolutely have to use it.

edited December 1969

I just installed and you can direct where to install. My C drive in small so I don't use it unless I absolutely have to use it.

But does it create (with no choice about location) a folder and put some files in it in the Public Documents folder? (On Windows, that is.)

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

DavidGB said:

But does it create (with no choice about location) a folder and put some files in it in the Public Documents folder? (On Windows, that is.)

Short answer, no. It seems to only download with DIM and I told DIM where to install any of the program and content. Just checked my Public Documents Folder and nothing DAZ has been added to it in a long time.

edited December 1969

DavidGB said:

Short answer, no. It seems to only download with DIM and I told DIM where to install any of the program and content. Just checked my Public Documents Folder and nothing DAZ has been added to it in a long time.

I'm not sure I was clear in what I was asking. Not if the DIM is putting DS, content etc into Public Documents - is DIM still ITSELF using a folder in Public Documents for its own files, not other DAZ files. Is there a DIM folder in Public Documents?

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    Is there a DIM folder in Public Documents?

Yes.
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    I used MKLINK on Windows 7 (I think it's been there since Vista) to direct DAZ Install Manager to use my D drive. More specifically, I have a Dropbox folder on my D drive where all my Manifest files are, so it doesn't think it needs to download 3,000 new packages. I moved the auto-created directory out of the way, and used MKLINK /D to make it so that when DAZ IM looks in that directory, it actually looks on the D drive for the data.

Took me a few minutes to look it up. I do the same thing, essentially, on Mac OS X.

IIRC the command was: MKLINK /D InstallManager D:\Dropbox\DAZ\InstallManager

It was run from the DAZ directory. I'm not at home, so I can't double-check, but I'd be happy to update this in a few hours if I got the command wrong. You can do MKLINK /? to get more help.

Modern versions of Windows allow you all kinds of mechanisms to work around directory placement.

-- Morgan

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It should be something like:
    mklink /j "C:\users\public\DAZ 3D\InstallManager" E:\Content\InstallManager
    quotes are only needed around the first part because of the space in "DAZ 3D"

• agdepagdep Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Its not working, purchased several items from Zev0, doesn't appear in DIM, then go to my account -> product library->click download & install (w DIM), appear in DIM (filter by sku#) push download and download failed... I can´t download the new studio beta, had + 300 products and can´t update or download...I don´t like this update, former version worked (downloaded 300 products...)

edited December 1969

There seems to be a server problem at the moment, I have alerted DAZ 3D.

• ChaosphotoChaosphoto Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

this install manager is really nice but the last 2 updates failed to install after uninstalling the earlier version so I had to go to Daz, download and install the new versions manually. Now this new version has a new trick, it completely refuses to log into my Daz acount. Kind of frustrating as I have some new content I want to install. I guess I'll just have to go back to the old fashioned way !!.

• agdepagdep Posts: 0
    edited August 2013

Having problems with Dynamic Clothing Control update:

Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Dynamic Clothing Control for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit) Public Build" requires that the installed path for "DAZ Studio 4.x Public Build (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.

and install failed...

What is this thing of "Public build". Can someone, please explain what is happening with this new version of DIM...

Nevermind, installed after the beta of DAZ Studio (had problems whit this too), still don't like this version of DIM

Post edited by agdep on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

DIM can't find your install of DS4.x 64 bit version.

You need to click on the little gear icon at the top right of the DIM interface, and set the paths for applications, in your case, DS4.6 64 bit. The default location is in Program Files for Windows.

• ChatjdChatjd Posts: 152
    edited August 2013

I have the latest DIM version v.1.0.1.81, and its application paths are configured correctly. I used DIM to install the DAZ Studio public beta (4.6.0.81). Now I have two files in the DIM "Ready to Install" Tab that will not install:
    "Dynamic Clothing Control for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit) Public Build"
    "Mimic Live for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit) Public Build"

When DIM tries tries to install them, I get the following error:
    Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Dynamic Clothing Control for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit) Public Build" requires that the installed path for "DAZ Studio 4.x Public Build (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.
    Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Mimic Live for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit) Public Build" requires that the installed path for "DAZ Studio 4.x Public Build (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.

I have closed and reopened DIM but that did no good. I don't see a place in DIM to define the Public Beta's application directory so not sure how to get these two items to install properly.

Attached is a screenshot of the setup of the application paths in DIM.

Capture.PNG
    546 x 517 - 42K
    Post edited by Chatjd on
    edited December 1969

ChatJD said:
    I have the latest DIM version v.1.0.1.81, and its application paths are configured correctly. I used DIM to install the DAZ Studio public beta (4.6.0.81). Now I have two files in the DIM "Ready to Install" Tab that will not install:
    "Dynamic Clothing Control for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit) Public Build"
    "Mimic Live for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit) Public Build"

When DIM tries tries to install them, I get the following error:
    Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Mimic Live for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit) Public Build" requires that the installed path for "DAZ Studio 4.x Public Build (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.

I have closed and reopened DIM but that did no good. I don't see a place in DIM to define the Public Beta's application directory so not sure how to get these two items to install properly.

Attached is a screenshot of the setup of the application paths in DIM.

I'm not sure why the path for the public beta wasn't added by DIM. Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling it with DIM (any settings will be retained, so you don't have to redo them)?

• MrWizard1024MrWizard1024 Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

agdep said:

and install failed...

What is this thing of "Public build". Can someone, please explain what is happening with this new version of DIM...

I had the same problem: I'm running DAZ Studio for Mac 4.6, 64-bit, but when I tried to install "Dynamic Clothing Control for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Mac 64-bit) Public Build" it said I needed to specify an installer path. Nothing I tried worked. Is this an application that I need to purchase separately?

MrWizard1024

edited December 1969

agdep said:

and install failed...

I had the same problem: I'm running DAZ Studio for Mac 4.6, 64-bit, but when I tried to install "Dynamic Clothing Control for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Mac 64-bit) Public Build" it said I needed to specify an installer path. Nothing I tried worked. Is this an application that I need to purchase separately?

MrWizard1024

Public Build refers to the Beta, not the release version.

• ChatjdChatjd Posts: 152
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure why the path for the public beta wasn't added by DIM. Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling it with DIM (any settings will be retained, so you don't have to redo them)?

Uninstalling the Beta, closing DIM, and then reopening DIM, and reinstalling the Beta seems to have fixed it. Upon re-installation of the Beta, it added the pathway properly and that allowed the other two plugins to install.

Thanks!

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

These two plugins don't come as part of the free release of DAZ Studio, they are paid for plugins.

DS4.6 comes with the Lite version of the Dynamic Clothing Control, and a 30 day trial of Mimic Live. Installing the paid for DCC if you don't have a serial for it, will cause the Lite version to stop working I think.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,890
    edited December 1969

Having problems with Dynamic Clothing Control update: I had the same problem: I'm running DAZ Studio for Mac 4.6, 64-bit, but when I tried to install "Dynamic Clothing Control for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Mac 64-bit) Public Build" it said I needed to specify an installer path. Nothing I tried worked. Is this an application that I need to purchase separately? MrWizard1024

Did you have Dynamic Clothing Control previously installed, or is this a new installation? Also, did you install the original DS installation through DIM?

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

- Added support for a resume filter to the filter field; “resume::true” to show only those packages that can be resumed, “resume::false” to hide them.

Does that mean that some files can be resumed hours or days after starting them now so those of us on dialup can actually download from Daz again?

edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    - Added support for a resume filter to the filter field; “resume::true” to show only those packages that can be resumed, “resume::false” to hide them.

Does that mean that some files can be resumed hours or days after starting them now so those of us on dialup can actually download from Daz again?

Yes, just leave the partial download in the downloads folder.

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,178
    edited December 1969

atryeu said:

That is not what that statement is referring to exactly, but it is certainly related. This particular statement is basically saying that you can type (or copy/paste) the "resume::true" text in the filter field and have Install Manager show you only those packages that have partially downloaded, so that you can more easily find and [presumably] resume them.

The question you are asking is more directly answered by the first paragraph, of the opening post:
    DAZ 3D Install Manager has been updated to allow resuming of interrupted and/or cancelled downloads. The “Download” button text is replaced by “Resume” when a portion of a package has already been downloaded. Package signatures are validated upon resume; if the local signature does not match the server signature resume starts from the beginning...

Provided there have been no updates to a given package between the time you started (and subsequently stopped/paused) the download and the time you attempt to resume it, the amount of time between start and finish could be minutes or hours or days or weeks or... Where that changes is when there has been an update during that time, in which case it must resume from the beginning... thereby resetting the scenario until you either complete the download or another update is posted.

-Rob

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:
    atryeu said:

That is not what that statement is referring to exactly, but it is certainly related. This particular statement is basically saying that you can type (or copy/paste) the "resume::true" text in the filter field and have Install Manager show you only those packages that have partially downloaded, so that you can more easily find and [presumably] resume them.

The question you are asking is more directly answered by the first paragraph, of the opening post:
    DAZ 3D Install Manager has been updated to allow resuming of interrupted and/or cancelled downloads. The “Download” button text is replaced by “Resume” when a portion of a package has already been downloaded. Package signatures are validated upon resume; if the local signature does not match the server signature resume starts from the beginning...

Provided there have been no updates to a given package between the time you started (and subsequently stopped/paused) the download and the time you attempt to resume it, the amount of time between start and finish could be minutes or hours or days or weeks or... Where that changes is when there has been an update during that time, in which case it must resume from the beginning... thereby resetting the scenario until you either complete the download or another update is posted.

-Rob

Thanks for the reply Rob. I had missed that 2nd bit of info. Over the last few years I've gotten to where I just skim over posts and don't read much anymore... too time consuming when I have time limits on my service -_- Thanks for pointing that one out, I had missed it.

And yes, I know my question wasn't directly related to the post I quoted but I saw the mention of the filter for which files can be resumed and it lead me to ask the question. If I had seen the other post I would probably not have posted myself and my question would have been solved :P

I'm glad to hear all of this. I will have to give the program another attempt one day soon I guess then. I have pretty much given up completely on Daz and the last thing I bought was Aiko 5 whenever that was it came out (March... April...?). Not being able to download anything I bought easily made me loose my faith in the site. This might give me a chance to try and renew that faith a little though if I can actually download my files again.

Thanks again Rob, and thanks for the resume support Daz!