Free Photo Squares

Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,683
edited July 2013 in Freebies

Here are some free photo Squares.

These are photos that have been cropped to work and saved for web so they can be stored on these forums for you. They can be used in making textures for free items or personal use.

It looks like there is a max of five images per post

Post edited by Sfariah D on

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,683
    edited December 1969

What does everyone think of the photos so far? Will post the rest of the photos for this post in a couple hours.

PhotoSquares011.JPG
    1999 x 1999 - 1M
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

They're lovely, thank you. I don't render in a square format too often, but I do appreciate having some backgrounds for when I do.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

What does everyone think of the photos so far? Will post the rest of the photos for this post in a couple hours.

Since you ask, they are blurry, ill defined and too bright. I don't know if it's because you're not using a good camera or because you haven't got a good setup, or simply because you're very new to photography.

Very kind of you to offer freebies, but that's not something I can use.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Since you ask, they are blurry, ill defined and too bright. I don't know if it's because you're not using a good camera or because you haven't got a good setup, or simply because you're very new to photography.

Blurry is good for backgrounds - it adds a Depth of Field effect. And it's easier to adjust an image to be darker than it is to adjust it to be brighter (assuming you don't have access to the RAW file of the photo, assuming one exists).

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:

Blurry is good for backgrounds - it adds a Depth of Field effect. And it's easier to adjust an image to be darker than it is to adjust it to be brighter (assuming you don't have access to the RAW file of the photo, assuming one exists).

Oh, ok. Well in that case they're absolutely perfect, well done.
  • ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited July 2013

TYVM. Quite useful, though a horizontal format would be more so.

Post edited by Elowan on
    edited December 1969

Elowan said:
    TYVM. Quite useful, though a horizontal format would be more so.

I have the originals. I can post them in a zip and store them somewhere for people to download.

edited December 1969

I am working on hosting my free photo squares on my web forum. I am still working out how to do the raw photos.

• grylingrylin Posts: 278
    edited December 1969

thankyou for these. i could use them for alot of things :)

edited December 1969

The pretty link to my photo square thread is photosquares.norithanarts.com

edited December 1969

aki3 said:
    thankyou for these. i could use them for alot of things :)

You welcome and Thank you!

edited December 1969