The Doctor Appreciation thread

Comments

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 698
    edited December 1969

Cassy and a friend fleeing some cybusmen.

Cyber_fight2.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 679K
    Cyber_fight1.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 603K
  • aldemps_65d152c25faldemps_65d152c25f Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

Just messing about.

Deathmetaldesk's new free Cyber-Head (Renderosity) on M3 with Marauder armour.

13-06-28_Cyber_Sentry.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 415K
  • blutobluto Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

when not spending the hours required by the cyberleader to plot the doom of the known universe,
    the cyberkettes like to spend time working on new dance numbers.

Render_1.png
    819 x 494 - 611K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

...that's great. heh!

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,574
    edited December 1969

Here's DeathMetalDesk's "Nightmare in Silver" helmet positioned atop a recently released movie IronMan suit, something that looks 'close enough" to the latest Cyber suit..

Alas, if you didn't download the helmet between Thursday and Friday (6/27 - 6/28), you're out of luck. DeathMetalDesk pulled the item from the freebie section sometime last night.

No, he didn't seem upset in a follow-up message. He just seemed to have a very specific goal in mind. Bluto had wondered about a NiS helmet; DMD accepted the challenge and made it; Bluto downloaded the model; so DMD's work was done.

I just feel sorry for anyone who stumbles across that thread after this point. They'll be out of luck. (And alas, DMD states in a "read-me" file that we who were lucky enough to download it can not redistribute it. One will have to contact him.)

Sincerely,

Bill

Cyberman-NiS-J-1.jpg
    400 x 822 - 42K
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

So I see.

I'll pull it from the freebie list, then.

• EldritchCellarEldritchCellar Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByIxWY9EMK8jODEweWxKa3hURk0/edit?usp=sharing

File/download C_hg2013
    with permission by author.

edited December 1969

If the the above poster is DeathMetalDesk who made the "Nightmare in Silver" helmet, thank you on behalf of future downloaders. If the poster is another member who negotiated with DMD to get permission, again thank you.

Sincerely,

Bill

• Standard DeviationStandard Deviation Posts: 12
    edited June 2013

All this talk of Cybermen.

How about a Cyberwoman, not my own work, but how about this:

Image removed as there was unfiltered nudity on the site

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

Just messing about.

I bought Dixie for A3 by Lady Littlefox from RuntimeDNA earlier this year.
    I figured it would be a suitable outfit for Leela after living on Gallifrey for a couple of years.
    (covered up but still wearing leather)
    Here she is acting as bodyguard for Lady Romana.

13-07-02_odd_couple.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 422K
    edited December 1969

As I originally stated at Deviant Art...

Shouldn't that read"...companion/bodyguard/lover..."? :-)

That's what some fans think (read: wish), anyway.

Seriously, the Dixie outfit works as a great alternative for Leela, balancing what feels comfortable to her and relenting to the more conservative norms of TimeLord society.

Romana's ensemble is sweet as well. Inspired by her fox hunting outfit from "Horn of Nimon", but a new color scheme and even more posh "accents" (particularly the ruffled cravat).

BTW, nice touch having them a SIDRAT type time capsule (your model I realize) rather than a "tatty" ol' type 40.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited December 1969

Just messing about with my organic TARDIS console room again.

13-07-12_giger_console.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 452K
    13-07-12_giger_tardis.jpg
    1600 x 781 - 460K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

So when does the anniversary episode come out? How long do I have to wait?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Four and a bit months yet.

edited December 1969

Four and a bit months yet.

Cool. Hopefully I will be ready then. I am thinking of watching the whole new series again while waiting.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Hopefully some of us won't have nibbled our fingernails all the way to the elbow by then...

And IIRC after the Anniversary special there's the Xmas special to look forward to, isn't there?

edited December 1969

That is correct, effectively, two more episodes before the end of the year.

Sincerely,

Bill

edited December 1969

just playing around with some cyber parts

cyber_guy.jpg
    819 x 494 - 21K
    edited December 1969

I am trying to be patient. I know I have to wait. I know I have to be patient.

It is not till November?

edited December 1969

The newest "Doctor" has been revealed...Peter Capaldi.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23570354

BBC America aired the presentation live as it was happening in the UK. Amazingly, the US feed did not cut to a commercial even though it was just "fluff" and "build-up" for nearly 25 minutes. Most fans whose comments I've read so far are thrilled at the idea of a slightly more "seasoned" performer getting the role. It did seem each successive incarnation appeared younger and younger, so I like that the newest actor is a bit older, 55. Oddly enough William Hartnell was the same age when he started the role in 1963.

Of course, you'll always have your dissenters, but the only argument they can muster is a past role of Capaldi's, a recurring character in a BBC series who peppered his speech with "colorful metaphors". There's a loon upon the TrekBBS who is actually posting comments, warning people to "think of the children!" Deservedly, he's getting thoroughly mocked.

His gaunt features remind me ever so slightly of Peter Cushing, which in my admittedly biased opinion is a good thing! It'll give him a certain "intensity" I think serves the Doctor well.

Sincerely,

Bill

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited August 2013

Redfern said:

Of course, you'll always have your dissenters, but the only argument they can muster is a past role of Capaldi's, a recurring character in a BBC series who peppered his speech with "colorful metaphors". There's a loon upon the TrekBBS who is actually posting comments, warning people to "think of the children!" Deservedly, he's getting thoroughly mocked.

I'm thinking of the children. My son's favourite television pogrom, er, program is "Thomas and Friends", best narrated by the late George Carlin, he of the "Seven Words You Cannot Say On Television."

Edit: Speaking of irony (or foreshadowing), Capaldi just this year was on screen as --- a Doctor, from W.H.O.!

Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
  • ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Oooh! Capaldi should make an excellent Doctor. Given the current trend of younger and younger Doctors I was a little worried the next Doctor was going to be a 12 year old boy.

Although I think Rowan Atkinson would make an incredible Doctor. He was good in the parody skit he did back in the 80s.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited July 2014

edited and removed by user

Post edited by linvanchene on
    edited December 1969

Redfern said:

I can understand that the whole reincarnation thing is part of the story. Still I found Matt Smith did an awesome job and would have been trilled to watch more crazyness with him.

I wonder where the storyline will go from now.

Also would have loved to see more episodes with the "impossible girl" played by Jenna-Louise Coleman..

While the ponds got about two seasons as companions all she got was about half of one.

- - -

Clara is leaving? I loved her.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited July 2014

edited and removed by user

Post edited by linvanchene on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Clara is leaving? I loved her.

Well I do not know.

In Doctor Who.Live.2013.The.Next Doctor at around 30 minutes into the show Jenna Louise Coleman said

"I would like the next doctor to be best friends with Clara".

After that she looked first very serious and then smiled and people in the audience started laughing.

From that point of view part of me hopes that she will be around for some episodes.
    I guess it really comes down to what the writers have planned.

I am not quite sure if Clara was only showing up in the timline of the eleveth Doctor or if she in fact may end up in the timeline of every incarnation scattered all over time whenever any Incarnation of the Doctor needs help.

I'm pretty sure the write up in the paper this morning said Clara would continue as the current companion. Maybe for long enough to develop a character.

edited August 2013

you gotta check this one out

Police Box

grinch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! check this out you have everything you well ever need to finish up your control room here

(POST Edited for Breaking Forum)

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited August 2013

...I was expecting it would be Lorenzo Llama. ;-)

the_new_doctor.jpg
    500 x 671 - 41K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited August 2013

...did this little pic for the PC Weekly Inspirational challenge:

One of the many meetings between the Doctor and his arch nemesis...

...or so it was thought.

bad_timing_pw.jpg
    1333 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...did this little pic for the PC Weekly Inspirational challenge:

One of the many meetings between the Doctor and his arch nemesis...

...or so it was thought.

That is one cool render.