• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Well Here it is... Who got it?

Did I actually have the last post on page 100? :wow:

Dana

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I'm modeling a flashlight... I may go into the details later on... Its nasty, I cant work out how to get rid of the triangle polys XD

Torch1.jpg
    867 x 739 - 379K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes, but First post on 101 is mine. So I got it. I figured it would be you or KK. Mine just posted first. Sorry...
    I'll split it off now. Please give me a minute to do the Split.

edited August 2013

Spyro said:
    I'm modeling a flashlight... I may go into the details later on... Its nasty, I cant work out how to get rid of the triangle polys XD
    Umm... those right in the center of the knob/dial? I'm not sure if it can be changed Spyro.

EDIT: Oh I see those at the edge of the depression now. Hmmm... I'm thinking...
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Hey, congratulations Jade - YOU got the top post (o.o).

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Yes, but First post on 101 is mine. So I got it. I figured it would be you or KK. Mine just posted first. Sorry...

...got stuck moving trees and hills around.

...and my back is killing me.

edited December 1969

Non complaint: I think I fixed up a few issues. There are NO triangle polys, it can be subdivided, but the end corners where the shell dips inwards to house the button may need a bit more thought.

Torch2SubD.jpg
    867 x 739 - 147K
    Torch2.jpg
    867 x 739 - 270K
    edited December 1969

Does it do that on both sides? You might need to add mesh in finer detail around the depression to get the proper look.

edited December 1969

Yeah, its both sides, the left and right in image. It pretty much needs a full clean row of Polygons that circle the the depression I think. But doing so, will create more triangle polys I need to fix. I'll have a play around :)

edited December 1969

Worked it out.

:cheese:

TY Jader :)

Torch3SubD_Mix.jpg
    1478 x 739 - 515K
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Worked it out.

Looks good, what program is that?

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited August 2013

Man I hate Monday's!

Had to get up at 4:30 to drive the wife to the airport, she's a consultant and her current client wants her onsite Mon-Thur so this will be the norm for the next year. Have to drive back to the airport this afternoon to pickup the mother-in-law.

Checking on a Wordpress blog I created specifically to hold my NaNoWriMo research and work in progress and isn't even being crawled by any search engines and I have over 2,000 users and their associated spam. Going to have to spend the morning going through and deleting all the garbage accounts while ensuring all of the other blogs and sites I manage are up to date and clean. Guess I'll lock down subscriptions on that one since it's not really for public consumption.

Edit: Ack! It's over 22,000 users to delete, 2,000+ pages. Going to be a long day.

Post edited by Sisca on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Yeah, purely accidental...kinda the way Cho got the current Stupid Thread.
    (sniffs the air) Yep, the foul stench of conspiracy. (now where did I put that tinfoil hat?)
    :lol:
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Jaderail said:

Yeah, purely accidental...kinda the way Cho got the current Stupid Thread.
    (sniffs the air) Yep, the foul stench of conspiracy. (now where did I put that tinfoil hat?)
    :lol:

You mean this one -> http://www.sharecg.com/v/66406/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Tin-Foil-Hat-DS-4.5

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Mine is much more shiny. :coolsmile:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    edited December 1969

I want to join the new complaint thread but today I feel so lazy.

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    Spyro said:
    Worked it out.

Looks good, what program is that?

3ds max. I'm nearing completion of the modeling, just fighting to get the reflective focus to mold around the light bulbs... Its difficult when there are 13 globes XD I'm gonna hate UV Mapping it... always hated UV Mapping.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

is it too soon to put up christmas lights?

i made a login at the deviant art. i'm Realmgal over there. no friends :(

edited December 1969

Whats your DA Id? I'll friend ya :cheese:

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-23372330

edited December 1969

mind you i haven't updated my DA in yonks. Need to get some art done and start posting new stuff. Its all old and needs a clean out me thinks

edited December 1969

chohole said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-23372330

woww. i wanna go christmas shopping on Cornwall's High Street.

looking at toy train sets reminds me of Nano, she liked trains.

edited August 2013

Spyro said:
    Whats your DA Id? I'll friend ya :cheese:

kewl. :) iz Realmgal

no poser or ds category over there. ick, streaming commercials.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

I haven't posted anything new to my DA gallery in ages...

edited December 1969

OMG. DA wont let me access my account with a notice saying "You must update your browser before you can have access to Deviant Art" I updated my browser last week dammit

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    OMG. DA wont let me access my account with a notice saying "You must update your browser before you can have access to Deviant Art" I updated my browser last week dammit

Heh, I can't remember my password for DA, so I asked for a password reset... its taking long than they said it would

edited December 1969

maybe I'll just stick with Blogger and Picasa, :) I'd share my stuff with google+ but LOL no friends/circles/groups what have you..

oh well there is always posting them on facebook

edited December 1969

Friended Misty :D Took me ages to work out favorites list in opera... they changed it and I don't know where they put it XD

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    maybe I'll just stick with Blogger and Picasa, :) I'd share my stuff with google+ but LOL no friends/circles/groups what have you..

oh well there is always posting them on facebook

I've gotten frustrated with Google+ the past few weeks. The All stream doesn't show you everything posted by people in your circles but only certain number of posts from each circle based on weighting. This wouldn't be a problem but the streams for the individual circles - which should show all posts by people in those circles - is only showing posts that have a picture or link attached. Since the main reason I use G+ is for conversations with gaming and IT friends, many of whom don't feel the need to include a picture in every post, I'm not seeing half the stuff from people I follow. Then there's the whole stuff just disappears or older stuff gets moved to the top issues.

edited December 1969

i just realized something. christmas happy is about chocolate santas and marshmallow snowmans, gingerman's gumdrop buttons. where is happiness without candy?

theoden: how did it come to this ...

This discussion has been closed.