Star Trek Builders Unite 4 : In a Runtime Darkly!

Comments

• edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Okay, I'm working on an M3 version of Sarek- M3 because that's who I have the most outfits and stuff for- But, I think I might be too close to judge. Ideas? Comments? I know the hair- Mylochka's spockhair- isn't working.

Too bad you're not using M4. There's a hair model for M4 called "Caesarian" which, from the name, you can guess is based on Roman hair. I honestly can't remember if it's from DAZ or Rendo. Although, you could probably fiddle around with it to fit M3.

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited August 2013

mdbruffy said:
    Okay, I'm working on an M3 version of Sarek- M3 because that's who I have the most outfits and stuff for- But, I think I might be too close to judge. Ideas? Comments? I know the hair- Mylochka's spockhair- isn't working.

Too bad you're not using M4. There's a hair model for M4 called "Caesarian" which, from the name, you can guess is based on Roman hair. I honestly can't remember if it's from DAZ or Rendo. Although, you could probably fiddle around with it to fit M3.

If someone doesn't get the G)(*^$% Dashboard off the site>>>!!!

I will try this AGAIN. Creators of hair models specify certain characters, because those are usually the characters they were fitting their on in order to build it. But I've seen very few hair models that wouldn't work with other characters as well.

Edit: I put "Caesarian" into the search window at both Daz and Rendo and nothing came up at either site.

Post edited by mdbruffy on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

I will try this AGAIN. Creators of hair models specify certain characters, because those are usually the characters they were fitting their on in order to build it. But I've seen very few hair models that wouldn't work with other characters as well.

Edit: I put "Caesarian" into the search window at both Daz and Rendo and nothing came up at either site.

yeah, don't know what's with this lately. I was logged in and posting in my tutorial thread ... come here and I'm logged out! geesh.

Okay ... for M3 there is this http://www.daz3d.com/hair/ceazarius-short-hair

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

yeah, don't know what's with this lately. I was logged in and posting in my tutorial thread ... come here and I'm logged out! geesh.

Thanks, Patience. I'll try to pick it up tomorrow.

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,036
    edited December 1969

Anyone know where I might find some good reference images of Worf's sash/baldric? I'm trying to do a design for a contest and the idea calls for Worf. Thanks in advance.

David

edited December 1969

Anyone know where I might find some good reference images of Worf's sash/baldric? I'm trying to do a design for a contest and the idea calls for Worf. Thanks in advance.

David

Have you tried Trekcore? They'd have screencaps from the entire series.

http://www.trekcore.com/

edited December 1969

Just posted some designs over at WeLoveFine.com for their Star Trek t-shirt contest. What do you think?

banner_submission_dthoward64_05.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 97K
    banner_submission_dthoward64_04.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 88K
    banner_submission_dthoward64_03.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 95K
    banner_submission_dthoward64_02.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 97K
    banner_submission_dthoward64_01.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 80K
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

Thank you, Patience!!!
    I don't think I can get any closer- and I'm not going to try.

Ambassador_Sarek-_FINAL.jpg
    1870 x 1417 - 275K
  • ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

I like the t-shirt designs. I have a shirt with a drawing of McCoy saying "Damnit, Jim! I'm not a doctor, I just play one on tv!"

Looking good, Madison!

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:
    mdbruffy said:

Thank you, Patience!!!
    I don't think I can get any closer- and I'm not going to try.

Most welcome - and I'm happy it's working so well too :-)

edited December 1969

Just posted some designs over at WeLoveFine.com for their Star Trek t-shirt contest. What do you think?

Well I like them. Good luck :-)

edited December 1969

Thalek said:
    I like the t-shirt designs. I have a shirt with a drawing of McCoy saying "Damnit, Jim! I'm not a doctor, I just play one on tv!"

Looking good, Madison!

Thanks. I know the Worf and McCoy ones are easily recognized, but what about the others?

David

edited December 1969

Thalek said:

Looking good, Madison!

Thanks. I know the Worf and McCoy ones are easily recognized, but what about the others?

David

For fans? Easily. Outside fandom? Probably the Spock shirt.

edited December 1969

Thalek said:

Looking good, Madison!

I will try this again.

Thank you.

• grylingrylin Posts: 278
    edited December 1969

hello everyone. incase anyone missed this one :

http://www.sharecg.com/v/67243/view/11/Poser/Spock-for-m4-basese-description

jepe's Enzo textures used for this one and free skin shaders :) mylocka spock hair used too.

• VanishingPointVanishingPoint Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    ~~~ DAZ Studio Users Question ~~~

As many of you have noticed I use Rduda's sets often! (18 of 36 pages in the next MU novel takes place on the TNG bridge!)

But there is a problem, and it's either me and I'm big enough to admit it, but do any of the other DAZ Studio users have problems with any of the bridges, engineering, ready room, conference room, jail, transporter room, or medial DOORS?

Not his freebie sets, those miraculously work.

The reason I ask is upon reading the readme file of the sets and from Rduda himself, someone other than him is packageing up the sets with obscure and incompatable doors for DAZ Studio. I've asked about this and he's pointed out I'm the only one complaining.

So, I'm asking is it my DAZ Studio setup? I do my renders on two different computers and have troubles on both systems (but then both are pretty much mirror images of each other.)

I'll be the first to acknowledge there is a huge red POSER written on the site's sales page. I have some personal feeling on that but that is beside the point.

(Stay on target!)

I want to know if any other DAZ Studio user is haveing problems with the doors?

If not PLEASE tell or show me how you made them work (ie slide side to side.) If you're able to help me out of this Cranal-Anal inversion I'll put a massive credit to you in the next book to helping me. (I know it's a meager consolation prize but it's the best I can do.)

-Paul

Paul recently told me about this issue and I think I've found a solution. :)

As other people are saying, DAZ Studio welds vertices that are close to each other, which results in parts becoming welded together, which results in parts warping when they're moved.
    The solution I've discovered is to build the model with the doors in the open position instead of the closed position. The ERC dial is then reversed so the doors close instead of open.

Paul has been good enough to test the Starship Bridge 14 and he confirms that DAZ Studio isn't warping the doors. :)

Over the next few days, I'll make updated versions of all of Richard Duda's sets, including all the bridges, the sick bay, and the engineering rooms.

I'd like to offer these updated versions to all previous customers, as a free update. Just send me your name or e-mail and the transaction ID or a rough purchase date (so I can verify your purchase). I'll then send you the zip file as an attachment (around 2 to 3M in size) or a link to download it.

edited December 1969

That's very kind of you! I'll have to see if I have purchased any. (I have a bunch on my Wishlist at Renderosity, where I am gradually checking them off as I get income.)

edited December 1969

OKay, all of the pieces needed for the TMP EVA Suit- injcluding the chest/helmet unit, are now available in my DA Gallery:

http://mdbruffy.deviantart.com/art/TMP-EVA-suit-391278598

And I want to give a very big thank you to Taranis3DG for giving me permission to release my obj of his work. And even though it's not in this pic, the utility belts I came up with are part of the package- thanks to Rduda for givng me his permission to use his uniform badge as the buckle.

TMP_EVA_Suit_.jpg
    496 x 809 - 80K
  • SkelchSkelch Posts: 275
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy this is very nice thank you!

edited December 1969

Skelch said:
    mdbruffy this is very nice thank you!

You're welcome. Hope it comes in handy.

edited December 1969

Is anyone else having trouble getting onto Deviantart's site or is it just me?

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

It was awkward loading your page a few minutes ago - it almost completely loaded, then redirected to a blank page. I had to hit the Back button to get back to the content.

So I didn't log in, I just downloaded the EVA suit. Thank you!

edited August 2013

robkelk said:
    mdbruffy said:

It was awkward loading your page a few minutes ago - it almost completely loaded, then redirected to a blank page. I had to hit the Back button to get back to the content.

So I didn't log in, I just downloaded the EVA suit. Thank you!

Thank you. I've been trying to get on the site for the last ten minutes and I haven't been able to.

Edit: I just tried going by way of Googling it, and I still can't get on.

Post edited by mdbruffy on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:

As many of you have noticed I use Rduda's sets often! (18 of 36 pages in the next MU novel takes place on the TNG bridge!)

But there is a problem, and it's either me and I'm big enough to admit it, but do any of the other DAZ Studio users have problems with any of the bridges, engineering, ready room, conference room, jail, transporter room, or medial DOORS?

The reason I ask is upon reading the readme file of the sets and from Rduda himself, someone other than him is packageing up the sets with obscure and incompatable doors for DAZ Studio. I've asked about this and he's pointed out I'm the only one complaining.

So, I'm asking is it my DAZ Studio setup? I do my renders on two different computers and have troubles on both systems (but then both are pretty much mirror images of each other.)

I'll be the first to acknowledge there is a huge red POSER written on the site's sales page. I have some personal feeling on that but that is beside the point.

(Stay on target!)

If not PLEASE tell or show me how you made them work (ie slide side to side.) If you're able to help me out of this Cranal-Anal inversion I'll put a massive credit to you in the next book to helping me. (I know it's a meager consolation prize but it's the best I can do.)

-Paul

As other people are saying, DAZ Studio welds vertices that are close to each other, which results in parts becoming welded together, which results in parts warping when they're moved.
    The solution I've discovered is to build the model with the doors in the open position instead of the closed position. The ERC dial is then reversed so the doors close instead of open.

Paul has been good enough to test the Starship Bridge 14 and he confirms that DAZ Studio isn't warping the doors. :)

Over the next few days, I'll make updated versions of all of Richard Duda's sets, including all the bridges, the sick bay, and the engineering rooms.

I'd like to offer these updated versions to all previous customers, as a free update. Just send me your name or e-mail and the transaction ID or a rough purchase date (so I can verify your purchase). I'll then send you the zip file as an attachment (around 2 to 3M in size) or a link to download it.

thank you, that's very nice of you. I'll get you my information.

edited December 1969

For those that want the EVA Suit, Deviantart's working now. I was just there.

edited December 1969

PDSmith said:

(Stay on target!)

-Paul

Thank you, sending a PM. My purchase was through Content Paradise for the bridge.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,184
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:

(Stay on target!)

-Paul

Just out of curiosity, will this affect Poser users? If so I will submit the info for the updates but if it doesn't really effect the use of the sets in Poser, I figure it would be just as easy to use the sets as is rather than having to download a bunch of updates.

• gmd3dgmd3d Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    OKay, all of the pieces needed for the TMP EVA Suit- injcluding the chest/helmet unit, are now available in my DA Gallery:

And I want to give a very big thank you to Taranis3DG for giving me permission to release my obj of his work. And even though it's not in this pic, the utility belts I came up with are part of the package- thanks to Rduda for givng me his permission to use his uniform badge as the buckle.

Excellent, and most welcome..... reward is in the future artwork. :)

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:

Excellent, and most welcome..... reward is in the future artwork. :)

:-)

This discussion has been closed.