Poser 2012 posing questions

richard_13f62021bbrichard_13f62021bb Posts: 12
edited December 1969 in New Users

i have a scene. i added some characters. i put the characters in the scene where i wanted them.
i noted their xyz coord. i applied a preset pose. the character went back to its entry into the scene location.
how can i apply a pose and not have her return to her entry spot? applying the xyz coord did not take her
back to the spot i had placed her.

Poser 2012.

also, how do you "stack" lights?

thanks,

richard

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

rtpfaa said:
    i have a scene. i added some characters. i put the characters in the scene where i wanted them.
    i noted their xyz coord. i applied a preset pose. the character went back to its entry into the scene location.
    how can i apply a pose and not have her return to her entry spot? applying the xyz coord did not take her
    back to the spot i had placed her.

Poser 2012.

also, how do you "stack" lights?

thanks,

richard

Some poses have preset coordinates. Daz Studio allows you to do a selective application of the pose and uncheck any translations, but I don't believe there is anything like that with Poser Pro. Certainly not on my somewhat older version at least.

As for stacking lights, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Do you mean how to add more lights to a scene? If so, there's a lightbulb icon near the light control sphere which you can click on to add more lights. You can then adjust them using the properties tab to change them into different types of lights or change it from depth map to raytraced shadows.

If you mean how to layer lights over each other to give a blending effect, you're better off using spotlights and having them slightly overlap. The blending can be a bit hit or miss due to Firefly's lighting engine, but it's usually decent enough for the purpose.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited December 1969

Try positioning your figure using the Body rather than the hip bone, if you aren't. Poses shouldn't generally touch that, though some do.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2013

And check if IK is on or off. IK on in poser will tend to "glue" the feet to the floor.

Post edited by Chohole on