Steam aircraft dragon $99 !!! Really???

LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,123
edited June 2012 in The Commons

$99 for the Steam aircraft dragon! Wow! Um..., I hope this is a mistake.
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/steam-aircraft-dragon/

For $99 I'd expect a detailed interior too but all I see is yet another $19.95 fantasy plane.

Also questioning about if there's a freebie this week. It's Thursday already.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Steam Aircraft is a PC Membership bonus item. Priced as such to show you it's cheaper to buy a PC Membership (and get it for free) than to buy the item at that price.

The weekly freebie is here: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/stage-magician-props

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    Steam Aircraft is a PC Membership bonus item. Priced as such to show you it's cheaper to buy a PC Membership (and get it for free) than to buy the item at that price.

hey thanx, the magician props do not show up in the store for me no matter what i try, the only way I have gotten it to show up is through your link, never would have seen it otherwise

• WahilWahil Posts: 307
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:

Um . . . . . If that's a PC item, is it even possible for a non-PC member to buy the item at any price? Just wondering.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited June 2012

the non-pc price is usually 9.95. my theory is typo.

i had a lil trouble at checkout with it. it said something about no invoice, i clicked continue a 2nd time and it went through. in firefox

the mac file is a zip. the pc file is an exe

Post edited by Mistara on
  • Patrick TynerPatrick Tyner Posts: 640
    edited December 1969

Yeah, $99.95 seems a little excessive, okay a lot excessive.....or maybe a typo. Either way as cool as it looks I can't see paying it, $9.95 or $19.95 tops.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:

There's an idea. "Buy this item and get an Annual Platinum Club Membership FREE!"

:-)

Kendall

edited December 1969

its still cheaper than an unflatable pony

• edited June 2012

im a PC member....and since last week ive been getting items that are WAY over priced. PC items showing up in the $40 range.

I cant even find this weeks free item.

I see the PC items..and they are $10+...BANSHEE FLYER.....$16.95???

what the dilly yo?

Post edited by randydood_961bf59e16 on
  • edited December 1969

PC MEMBERSHIP auto-renewal for us Month to Monthers isnt fixed yet i presume?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Randyd I have flagged this up for you.

• edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Randyd I have flagged this up for you.

thank you very much

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:

Thanks but how did you find that? I've been looking for it since Tuesday and it never came up in any of the sort configurations I tried.

edited December 1969

adamr001 said:

Thanks but how did you find that? I've been looking for it since Tuesday and it never came up in any of the sort configurations I tried.

ditto, even when i know it exists its incredibly hard to get it to appear in the store. I was trying to help a friend of mine get it and it took an hour to find it and i knew what i was looking for. If I had no idea what the weekly freebie was there would be no way to know what to look for.

Oh yeah, on my friend's computer, the first thing i tried was typing in Stage Magician Props in the store search, it came back as no products match your search, but typing the same thing at my computer brings up 5 pages of results. The store is absolutely weird, you never know what it will do

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

It was, fortunately, linked from the newsletter and I think in at least one "You may also be interested in..." list. But no, it isn't (or hasn't been) showing in New Releases.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Yup, newsletter. Once I knew it was there a search for "magician" in the store page brought it up as the first result for me.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Denny L said:
    [

Um . . . . . If that's a PC item, is it even possible for a non-PC member to buy the item at any price? Just wondering.

My guess is it will be available at a more normal price in a few months. It's not the first time DAZ have used inflated pricing to separate out a conditional freebie in the store (c.f. the Fight Club boots last week), but they really need a better method as it tends to cause a lot of confusion for people who don't know about the freebie or understand that it's a workaround.