The Lemonade Stand Contest: A Comedy of Errors! (Congrats Winners!)

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

PC where you been ?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    PC where you been ?

I did not see an image attached to that. Or are you adding it as I type?

• PandaB5PandaB5 Posts: 250
    edited June 2012

bigh said:
    PC where you been ?

I was someone else courtesy of Daz - I loved it, I don't much like being myself. But now I'm back to being myself ... sucks!

Post edited by PandaB5 on
  • GumpOtakuGumpOtaku Posts: 106
    edited December 1969

how funny can this thread be? mor renders please...

• DievansDievans Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

Bohemian3, your "Dude,... You’re supposed to warn me if I already purchased something. And how am I supposed to find anything down here anyway?" is awesome. Very funny, and I relate so, so much to it...

• edited December 1969

Stuff used:

Upper left: The Red Carpet (ArtCollaborations)
    Upper right: M4AF bodysuit (Joequick, modified to fit using WW)
    Lower left: Desk Clocks (Blondie9999)
    Lower right: M4Mountie (Karth, modified to fit using WW)

whilewaiting.jpg
    800 x 800 - 247K
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

just noticed this one, this might be fun

• MABMAB Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

Some really great entries so far. Keep em coming. Already had some good laughs.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,441
    edited December 1969

The Major
    Phoenix1966 - André texture

If the Germans command had been running the DAZ store software for handling orders, World War II would have been a cake walk.

no_orders.jpg
    800 x 640 - 81K
    edited June 2012

What do you mean the users say it isn't fixed?
    It was working perfectly when I went home last night.
    I just don't understand it!

3D Credits:

Phoenix1966: Xian for M4 Character
    AprilYSH: Glyn Hair Hair
    Bobbie25: Hardcore M4 Shirt
    Bobbie25: Witch Hunter M4 Pants
    WhopperN-Karth: DarkBootiez for M4, H4 Shoes
    Lourdes Mercado Spartan Warrior Belt (Diffuse made black)
    Truform 2011 Wrist Watches By TruForm Watch
    3D Universe WafflingShruggle (freebie!) Monsters
    Binary Code made our of primitives that come with Poser

2D Credits:

Rons Cyborg Circuitry ron deviney (deviney)
    Illuminate Supreme Amaranth

xian_export1.jpg
    800 x 726 - 224K
    Post edited by PandaB5 on
  • DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,549
    edited December 1969

These renders really have me laughing too. Keep up the great work everyone.

edited December 1969

Freebie! Freebie! Here boy! Say has anyone seen Freebie this week? I can't find him anywhere!

(Well I think the problem is that they've been showing up in the newsletters and not always in the store under new releases where everyone is looking for them.)

Anyway this image has 52 Daz Freebies in it - a year's supply, chosen randomly over several years and I've only included one object per pack. So to Daz: Thank you very much for the freebies. Your generosity does not go unnoticed!!!

ART Collaborations: Art Planter, Garden Pavillion, Playtime, Sweet Dreams, The Backyard
    blondie9999: Accent Tables, Butcher Block & Knife Set, Chiminea, Desk Clocks, Queen Anne Parlor Furniture, Yukimi (Stone Lantern), Bashers, Cannister Set, Deadly Edges, It’s a Crime, Kid Show, Playground Set 2, Stone Accents Fence, Pour Le Bain
    Cimerone: Feeling Sick Cold Stuff
    Faveral: Ultralight
    Jack Tomalin: Carnival Picnic Tables
    Nathy: Fantasy Camp II
    Nightshift3D: Rolling Ladder, Wood Chipper Machine, Tritium Container, Industrial Fan
    Valandar: Automatic Teller Machine, Bulldozer, Casts for V4 and M4, Cryo Chambers, Garbage Cans, Golf Clubs, Hover Tank, Janitor Gear, Medical Tools, Mobility Aids, MRI Machine, Retro and Junkyard Jetpacks, Road Roller, Scifi Melee Weapons, Scissor Lift, Stage Magician Props, Stellar Fury, Super Hero Training Gear, Treasure Chests, Tools and Toolbox, Telephones, Pocket Filler, Ornaments, Multi Tool Knife, Hair Care Products

clutter_export1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 398K
    edited July 2012

The store's lack of "You've already bought this" warnings...

Used
    Blondie9999 - QAParlor
    DzFire- RealPaint, RealMetal
    ART - CargoHold
    Phoenix1966 - Thomas
    Bobbie25 - M5 Causal Male
    AprilYSH - Evan hair
    Lathios - Lathio's Light 2

duplicate_again.jpg
    800 x 640 - 94K
    Post edited by Totte on
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited July 2012

Things don't always go as planned... Sometimes the wrong personnel arrive.

PA Items Used:

The Armory
    WM Boots
    Journeyer Scout
    Jai Hair

Composed on DS4.5 under Linux/Wine. Postwork only for Text Bubble.

Kendall

EDIT: Spacing fixes and formatting issues...

Title: Store Website going live in 3...2...1...Zaaaap!

Magneto-magento-render-5final.jpg
    800 x 800 - 343K
    Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited July 2012

In the early days of the site, saved cookies from the old site would result in the Varnish Cache Server giving a GURU Meditation Alert. Only clearing the cookies made the GURU happy. In this episode we see our DAZtec seeking solace from the GURU after his helpful visit from Magneto. Will he get the site running before the MAYAn2012 calendar ends?

Used Jai Hair, and WM Boots

DS4.5 under Linux/Wine.

Kendall

Guru.jpg
    800 x 800 - 430K
    Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • edited December 1969

After running into some store problems today, I felt compelled to enter this contest. After trying to use the 4th of July coupon, and getting repeatedly sent to the front page while trying to check out, insult was added to injury when after the order finally went through, it was stuck in the "pending" limbo store bug. :blank:

You asked for a fun or positive spin to the store/forum problems, so I thought of what use could come of the frequent hair pulling that results from site bugs. Turns out that there is an interesting correlation in increased donations to a worthy cause -- who knew. ;-)

Products used:
    AprilYSH -- Portia hair, Gabriel hair, horsetail
    Bobbie25 -- Steampunk pants
    Capsces -- Morphia

Rendered in PoserPro 2012 because I wanted to use dynamic hair stubble for the bald spots.

contest_daz-store.jpg
    800 x 561 - 186K
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited July 2012

Step right up! Try your luck!
    Give the wheel a tumble!
    Will you pay a "super" price?
    Or will it cost a bundle?

Illustrates confusion surrounding the introductory price of the Supersuit. All the prices on the wheel were advertised or in-store prices of the Supersuit Pro Bundle during the first hours and days of its release, and for a while no one seemed to know how much it was supposed to cost. See this thread for details: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/100/.

Participating PA products featured:
    Alruna - Bobbie25
    The Backyard - ARTCollaborations
    Gia Hair - AprilYSH
    Lantios Lights 2 - Lantios
    M5 Casual Male - Bobbie25
    Short Beard for Genesis - Blondie9999
    Stefan for M4 and Genesis - Phoenix1966
    Tamesis Bundle - surreality

The male Genesis figure on the left is Stefan, but applied to the M5 shape instead of the M4 shape. He's wearing M5 Casual Male, the Supersuit, the hat from Stage Magician Props, and the Short Beard for Genesis (mustache). The female is Tamesis, with some of her many makeup options, Gia Hair, the Supersuit and (retextured) Cape, and the skirt from Alruna (retextured). I used shaders from the Supersuit and the MachPack (DS version though, so it probably doesn't count as a participating PA item).

Furthering the theme of making lemonade, don't miss the toys on display as consolation prizes: Aiden for M5 wearing the Renaissance Male clothing, the Millennium Big Cat LE, and the Millennium Horse LE,* all of which were offered for free or at steep discounts in the new store.
    *The horse is also standing in for the Millennium Horse Bundle, which was temporarily (and accidentally?) offered at the PC price of $1.99 when the new store opened.

No postwork. Lantios Lights 2 preset number 6 was used, with no alterations.

7/31/2012: Edited to add that, of course, I also used Carnival Midway and Carnival Midway Interiors by Jack Tomalin. Somehow I missed that... :red:

lemonade2d.jpg
    800 x 800 - 483K
    Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,549
    edited December 1969

Checking in to see the new renders. Funny stuff. There is still time to add more pictures.

edited December 1969

- Sorry sir, members only
    - But, but I am a member.
    - You probably are, but when we moved to this fancy place from the old tavern, someone lost half the boxes with the member list rolodex cards, I'm sorry.

Used:
    Bobbie25 - Fantasy Basic, Tavern keeper
    Phoenix1966 - Horatio
    blondie9999 - Short Beard for Genesis
    ForbiddenWhispers - Serene Scene Lights

nopc.jpg
    800 x 640 - 268K
    edited July 2012

Ran out of time on this one, so artistically it's not very good, but I thought I'd post it anyway...

Lemons: Times were tough in DAZ Country. In fact, things had gotten so bad that even Captain Champion himself turned to a life of crime.

Lemonade: Good news, PC members: despite the new restrictions on the monthly coupon, someone has figured out a way to use the "Platinum Club" to help pay for PA items!

Featuring:
    Stefan for M4 and Genesis (Phoenix1966), mixed here with M5, M5 Heroic, and ToughGuy
    Cuffed Tail 2 (AprilYSH)
    Tamesis Bundle (surreality), specifically the Sylvan Elf skin and the TamesisHuman morphs mixed with V5/V5 Supermodel
    Renee Hair, Preppy for Genesis, and Genesis Bikini (Bobbie25)

Thanks everyone who sponsored this contest! I had a lot of fun making my entries and looking at others' creations!

Edit: I'd like to withdraw this image from consideration. Please see revised version further down on this page.

lemonade3a.jpg
    800 x 800 - 325K
  • xinkblotsxxinkblotsx Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

Okay so my frustration is my pc membership being cancelled mid month and i'm still getting my vouchers. so i submit for you

"But i have my six dollar coupon!"

*edited to add* I used skin for V4 from surreality and the hair is Aprilysh :)

pcclub.jpg
    721 x 800 - 317K
    Post edited by xinkblotsx on
  • MABMAB Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

We're going to be extending the deadline another week. The new deadline is the 15th of July 2012. It's not too late!!

edited December 1969

that weekly free B in this mess some where !!!

Muck send to Bryce using the bridge for render .

That_weekly_free_B.jpg
    700 x 695 - 230K
    edited July 2012

Ran out of time on this one, so artistically it's not very good, but I thought I'd post it anyway...

Edit: due to the extended deadline, I'm temporarily withdrawing this entry (I'll keep the image posted as a WIP) and will post a revised version when ready.

Here's the finished version.

Lemons: Times were tough in DAZ Country. In fact, things had gotten so bad that even Captain Champion himself turned to a life of crime.

Lemonade: Good news, PC members: despite the new restrictions on the monthly coupon, someone has figured out a way to use the "Platinum Club" to help pay for PA items!

Featuring:
    Stefan for M4 and Genesis (Phoenix1966), mixed here with M5, M5 Heroic, and ToughGuy
    Gia Hair (AprilYSH)*
    Tamesis Bundle (surreality), specifically the Sylvan Elf skin and the TamesisHuman morphs mixed with V5/V5 Supermodel
    Renee Hair, Preppy for Genesis, and Genesis Bikini (Bobbie25)
    Lantios Lights 2 (Lantios) preset 3 with a single spotlight added
    Garden Pavilion and ground from The Backyard (ARTCollaborations)

*Yes, that is Gia Hair that he is wearing. I think I broke the rule that the "use of the PA product must be recognizable" :red: but I'd be happy to share the dial formula if anyone is interested in duplicating this most bizarre look. No postwork.

lemonade3h.jpg
    800 x 800 - 462K
    edited December 1969

it walks it talks and for a 1.99 you can get stuff - if you can find it !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hIfYWcSzOw

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

this is a funny contest, some great renders too

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    this is a funny contest, some great renders too

The contest is funny and fun! The errors and site no longer are either. :long:

Dana

• ChaosophiaChaosophia Posts: 137
    edited December 1969

Awesome idea for a contest.

• Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

::posting this all in good fun:: ;-P

AprilYSH's little Kokeshi Sakura understands that what is turned into a lemon is an arising opportunity for the betterment of one's self. So she doesn't mind that when you put her first name into the search pane, her last name pops up misspelled. ~ Kokeshi's Lemon Light deems the old site banished into oblivion, and along with it, its many accommodating features. By reducing such accommodations . . . some ancient philosophies may need to be applied to remedy the following frustrations.
    \_ :down: _/ In turn, the consideration is that perhaps much of the new site is an error in itself.

Kokeshis_Lemon_Light_071312-cyn_art.jpg
    800 x 800 - 483K
    Post edited by Cyn Art on
  • Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Chelsey's Lemon Pet

Believe it or not, this was supposed to be a cat! ;-)

Bobby25's Louisiana Dress, but a DAZ Original and not clearly seen so probably not qualifying. Still, throwing it in for fun for representing downloads being screwy . . . although there were no such cases of not being what they were supposed to be. :P

Chelseys_Lemon_Pet-cyn_art.jpg
    800 x 800 - 484K