Halving clothes or other things?

ToobisToobis Posts: 932
edited December 1969 in The Commons

In Daz (3.1) is it possible to say "half" something or adjust them so you can cut pieces from it? what I mean by this is for example if I wanted a skirt to unravel itself so its not circular but is now long as if someone undid the zip fully on the back and put it on the floor and it is now totally elongated. With D-morphs while you can adjust things pretty well I don't think you can actually half or quarter things in anyway unless I am mistaken. Anyone who knows if this possible pls let me know ty.

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited June 2012

Create a transparency map from the texture and black out the parts you want invisible. Then add it to the opacity slider and dial up and watch the parts in black disappear:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

Do you mean Flatten a item? If you do, use Parameters zScale and set to zero or near zero.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

I don't think you can adjust rotation or scale on clothing once conformed to a figure. I could be wrong..

edited December 1969

They asked about if on the floor. To me that ment flat. I could be mistaken about the full thing because I do not understand what is ment by unravel.

edited December 1969

Oops my bad. Your best bet is dynamic clothes..Unfortunately if you want to use a specific outfit, deforms and z-scaling is your best bet.

edited December 1969

I have to agree, dynamic would be the best. But the other items can get looking okay with zScale and Deformers.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Do you mean something like this. All done with Z scale, normal movement dials and a wee bit of deforms.

Ever_been_ere.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 357K
    edited December 1969

I do belive you have it. That is what I understood.