Does Smart Content not work with non Genesis figures?

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

This is strange.. I loaded in an M4 character, went to smart content to the Wardrobe, and all the clothing is for Genesis, not for M4. Since all my content was installed by DIM I was really expecting the M4 clothing to show up when M4 Character was selected.

Boojum the brown bunny

Comments

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

What gets displayed in Smart Content is based on the metadata for the content. If you have older content for M4 or freebies or stuff from other sites it may not have any metadata associated with it so it won't show up.

• edited December 1969

This is the M4 Character installed by Daz Install Manager within the last few months... HMMmmmm.. I saved it in Poser however. I loaded it into Poser, made my character adjustments (morphs, skin, etc) then saved it out into my runtime. I guess I must have lost my meta data by doing that. Huh.

Ok, I'll try loading in a default M4 character after I'm done with the scene I'm working on now and see if the M4 Smart Content shows.

Boojum

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

The metadata that makes this feature work isn't on the figure, it's on the clothes. If the clothes don't have metadata, Smart Content can't tell which clothes go with the figure in your scene.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

And if you loaded a .cr2 you saved from Poser rather than the one that comes with M4, DS doesn't know that that figure is M4.

• edited December 1969

Well.. Poop.. This isn't working fight for me, then. Could someone else check this to see if it's my Meta Data that's screwed up or something else?

1. Open Carrara 8 Pro Beta.
    2. Go to Smart Content tab.
    3. In the tree, go to Default/figures/People/Male/Real World.
    4. Double click Michael 4 to open it in Carrara.
    5. Select Michael 4 in the scene tree.
    6. Go to Smart Content.
    7. In the tree, go to Default/Wardrobe/Pants

Here I see everything BUT M4 pants. I see Genesis Pants, I see V4 Pants... but none of my M4 content shows. The same is true in Full Body. I get H3 Bodystuit, A3MechGirlBodySuit.. but nowhere do I get M4 Bodysuit, which I DO have installed.

It's like it's filtering to avoid M4 clothing instead of include M4 clothing. Can anyone get this to work for M4? Or is it just my system messed up?

Boojum

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Well.. Poop.. This isn't working fight for me, then. Could someone else check this to see if it's my Meta Data that's screwed up or something else?

1. Open Carrara 8 Pro Beta.
    2. Go to Smart Content tab.
    3. In the tree, go to Default/figures/People/Male/Real World.
    4. Double click Michael 4 to open it in Carrara.
    5. Select Michael 4 in the scene tree.
    6. Go to Smart Content.
    7. In the tree, go to Default/Wardrobe/Pants

Here I see everything BUT M4 pants. I see Genesis Pants, I see V4 Pants... but none of my M4 content shows. The same is true in Full Body. I get H3 Bodystuit, A3MechGirlBodySuit.. but nowhere do I get M4 Bodysuit, which I DO have installed.

It's like it's filtering to avoid M4 clothing instead of include M4 clothing. Can anyone get this to work for M4? Or is it just my system messed up?

Boojum

I had to use products - under ( M )
    so it looks like you are ok .

• edited December 1969

So it's not just me? That's sort of a relief and sort of an irritant because of the time I spent trying to figure out what's wrong. Well, I'll chalk that one up to beta level of software.
    Boojum

• edited December 1969

Well, given that I want to work with the updated Genesis version of my figure, I'll go back to working with Poser Pro. I really don't feel like searching through dozens of parameters for the ones that are set, and then hand setting them in Carrara.
    Boojum