HU Tech Soldier 65% off, non-PC

anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Just noticed that tech soldier is currently 65% off for non-pc members (presumably even higher discount for pc). Might want to put in a claim if you've already bought this.
http://www.daz3d.com/tech-soldier-special-forces

Comments

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

To be honest, I don't see a reason to do that. I mean, if I buy something in town, and than come back a few days later and find they have a extra sale. I am not going to demand that they give me the difference between what I paid and the new price. I sort of see this as the same thing, I bought the item and I did buy it at a good price, now that Val is having a anniversy sale. Yes, the price is a bit lower... but that doesn't give me the right to claim that I should have that price too

I can totally understand that one want to save money, hell I live on existence minimum (might have spelled that wrong) so trust me I do understand. But I still don't feel that it is my right to demand to get the profit of a better sale than what it was when I bought the item in question.

This is of course only my opinion, but I've seen this a few times all over the forum.. and it just strikes me as wrong somehow *shrugs*

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

It's showing the same price as a PC member.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    To be honest, I don't see a reason to do that. I mean, if I buy something in town, and than come back a few days later and find they have a extra sale. I am not going to demand that they give me the difference between what I paid and the new price. I sort of see this as the same thing, I bought the item and I did buy it at a good price, now that Val is having a anniversy sale. Yes, the price is a bit lower... but that doesn't give me the right to claim that I should have that price too

I can totally understand that one want to save money, hell I live on existence minimum (might have spelled that wrong) so trust me I do understand. But I still don't feel that it is my right to demand to get the profit of a better sale than what it was when I bought the item in question.

This is of course only my opinion, but I've seen this a few times all over the forum.. and it just strikes me as wrong somehow *shrugs*

Well from what I've seen Daz has a long standing policy of refunding the difference if something goes sale at a lower price within 30 days. The price for non pc was $12.57, now it's $6.28. That's a big difference. I don't think I've seen a local shop with such a policy.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:

This is DAZ3D policy to offer a refund for difference if the item goes in sale within 30 days. It is absolutely nothing wrong or unethical with using this policy.
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited July 2013

Never the less, that is my opinion *shrugs*

But I can't help but wonder, is this refund policy only because it's easier for all parts if Daz simply refund the difference, instead of having the customer return the product and than re-buy it for the cheaper price?

In my opinion, it still don't feel right. But that is just how I am as a person

Edit - Oh, and I don't mean to try to start an argument, I just couldn't help but wonder.

Post edited by Carola O on
  • Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Valandar has an anniversary sale this week, all items 50% off. This is what causes the discount.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    Never the less, that is my opinion *shrugs*

But I can't help but wonder, is this refund policy only because it's easier for all parts if Daz simply refund the difference, instead of having the customer return the product and than re-buy it for the cheaper price?

Actually no, from what I understand is is less troubles and faster to refund the older order entirely, than to refund a difference.
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited December 1969

I have no issue with asking for a price adjustment for something that goes on sale at a lesser price. I've bought something one day before and have it go on sale for less later.

This is well within daz's policy.