iClone 4 Pro Free

SirDrakeSirDrake Posts: 8
edited December 1969 in Freebies

I discovered through 3DTotal that Reallusion was giving away iClone 4 Pro for a limited time.
Go to http://www.3dtotal.com/index_archive.php and read the July 25th article.
Must go there before Sept.30th.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Thanks for posting this.

I have the free serial number, but no clue how to get the software, I have contacted their support.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

while iClone 4 is quite good with included and marketplace content
    and importing static models via 3DXchange
    animated FBX inport is limited to props and non in house animated figures with ony keyframed rotations possible.
    Any retargeting and using iClone motions on other figures not possible so Daz figures can only be added as animated props.

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Thanks for posting this.

I have the free serial number, but no clue how to get the software, I have contacted their support.

Once you have your serial number, on the Reallusion site, goto My Account - > Registration, Patch and Bonus. The Iclone4 download should be available in your Registered Products.
    edited December 1969

Thanks Wendy, I know you use iClone.

I just thought it may be useful one day, and free is free :)

I hope to have a play with it anyway, and look through the videos.

edited July 2013

Thanks BF, will go there now and see if I can get it.

EDIT:

That was it, downloading now, thanks again BF

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

was just letting know limitations as far as Daz content, since this is the Daz forum, first thing most want to know.
    as a stand alone app with its own content very easy and lots of fun

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for telling us about this. Downloading it now!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

while iClone 4 is quite good with included and marketplace content
    and importing static models via 3DXchange
    animated FBX inport is limited to props and non in house animated figures with ony keyframed rotations possible.
    Any retargeting and using iClone motions on other figures not possible so Daz figures can only be added as animated props.

and let me add - if you don't get 3DXchange you can't do much .
    also you will need $200 to $300 to buy stuff .
    this is the old version - version 5 is out with 6 coming .

• launoklaunok Posts: 774
    edited July 2013

Thank you for the heads-up by Wendy who directed me here and also to DukeMallard ... I am currently downloading this great free product. Even though this is not Daz related, it could open new doors even to me to start a new genre ... animation and film-making!!! :)

Laura

Post edited by launok on
    edited December 1969

I beg to differ
    the are a few quite nice customisable characters with clonecloth bodysuits you can retexture in Gimp whatever
    head can be morphed to photos
    it has animated textures and BG
    I only bought 3dx4 a couple of years ago, before I used Carrara animated backgrounds
    can use Bryce, studio, home movies anything.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Okay, I got a Reallusion account. How do I get a serial number? Haven't found one anywhere yet.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Okay, I got a Reallusion account. How do I get a serial number? Haven't found one anywhere yet.

See BalckFeathers post above for the answer.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

See BalckFeathers post above for the answer.

Nice try, JimmyC. BlackFeathers posted: Once you have your serial number, on the Reallusion site, goto My Account - > Registration, Patch and Bonus. The Iclone4 download should be available in your Registered Products.

I'm stymied at the beginning. Where is my serial number? Not one in email from Reallusion, not one in my account.

edited December 1969

Sorry :red:

I got the serial number with great ease, but couldn't find where to get the software from.

On this page : http://www.reallusion.com/event/iclone4pro/3dtotal.aspx it says to register to get your serial, I am not sure where I got it from now, but I had to create a text file for it, so I don't think it was an email though.

• launoklaunok Posts: 774
    edited July 2013

Sorry :red:

I got the serial number with great ease, but couldn't find where to get the software from.

On this page : http://www.reallusion.com/event/iclone4pro/3dtotal.aspx it says to register to get your serial, I am not sure where I got it from now, but I had to create a text file for it, so I don't think it was an email though.

Jimmy, I also had not understand at 1st where to find the software, and afterwards find it in the accounts section at Reallusion (you must register beforehand). The serial number you got will be entered there in the appropriate open space. Unfortunately I haven't made a screenshot to tell you what it will look like, but that is where I have find the software. You need to scroll down a bit to find actual download button. Notice to the right of download you will also find bonuses and patches column. Then you will find the correct patch and bonuses as well as some video tutorials for the program.

I have actually followed these and find it easily (quoted from Blackfeather1973):
    'Once you have your serial number, on the Reallusion site, goto My Account - > Registration, Patch and Bonus. The Iclone4 download should be available in your Registered Products.'

Hope you find it!

Laura

Post edited by launok on
    edited December 1969

Thanks Laura. I got my download and the patches and videos, it is AttticAnne who can't find where to get the serial number from.

I got my serial number, but I can't remember where it came from, it must have been printed on the site I think, because I created a text document for it. Do you remember how you got your serial number?

edited July 2013

After shooting off an email to them, I got my serial number. After signing in, I went to my account, finally ended up at http://www.reallusion.com/event/iclone4pro/3dtotal.aspx. From there it was easy to get it registered and downloaded.

Just thought I would add this here in case someone else needs to know in the future.. I now have the basic iClone 4 PRO downloaded. Tomorrow I'll go back and get the patches and other files.

Post edited by atticanne on
    edited December 1969

great news

hint for graphically challenged computers use vertex shader or quick rather than pixel shader for scene preview
    avoid trees, grass and water and render to image series if needed (sound needs readding)
    it could crash your graphics card otherwise, I had this a lot on my 2GB RAM craptop with intel integrated graphics, it just crashes the program, no serious harm but you lose your work, I learnt to work around it.
    used backgrounds a lot
    you can do just trees and render them on planes as png and add animated if needed etc

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Are there any good tutorials for iClone? Even for rigging a figure and creating stuff for it? I have not looked for any tutorials but I am at the library right now. I rather look for tutorials when I am on my own computer that has that program on it.

Going to check Rendo to see if they sell iClone stuff. I saw some stuff for iClone in their free section. How do I install content for iClone. The two figures I got are suitable for Fan Art and I would like to make some Fan Art with them when I have a chance.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,771
    edited December 1969

Thanks Laura. I got my download and the patches and videos, it is AttticAnne who can't find where to get the serial number from.

I got my serial number, but I can't remember where it came from, it must have been printed on the site I think, because I created a text document for it. Do you remember how you got your serial number?

Once you register, go to this page and hit the login buttton, and you will get a page with your serial number...

http://www.reallusion.com/event/iclone4pro/3dtotal.aspx

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited September 2013

It's also on 3DArtist issue 59 CD

Just saw it on the cover of the latest mag, I've already got Poser 9 and Carrara 8.5, is it worth picking up?

Post edited by none01ohone on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,878
    edited December 1969

Are there any good tutorials for iClone? Even for rigging a figure and creating stuff for it? I have not looked for any tutorials but I am at the library right now. I rather look for tutorials when I am on my own computer that has that program on it.

Going to check Rendo to see if they sell iClone stuff. I saw some stuff for iClone in their free section. How do I install content for iClone. The two figures I got are suitable for Fan Art and I would like to make some Fan Art with them when I have a chance.

If you register your copy of iClone4 Pro you will become a Premium member and have access to the bonus downloads

• paulwint3rpaulwint3r Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Thank you for posting this. I've been thinking about buying iClone for a while :) It may not be the latest version but it will let me see if I want to upgrade at another time. Besides, I love free stuff!